R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #376
Tech Master
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielou View Post
Hows it going Fred.

I'm gona be running your Tamiya USA setup this coming weekend. I'll be running Solaris HD compound tires, with 2000 Losi in gear diff. This track is real abbrasive, rough, tight, med bite. Any setup changes you would reccommend also trying?

Thanks
Luis
No offense, but this thread is for TCXX information, not Tamiya. I would suggest that your question would be better served in a thread dedicated to Tamiya chassis'.
__________________
Ken Miller
T4 2014, 10r5.1 (F/S), 12r5.2 (F/S)
CRC Xti WC/GenX-10
Dog Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #377
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
No offense, but this thread is for TCXX information, not Tamiya. I would suggest that your question would be better served in a thread dedicated to Tamiya chassis'.
He means the TCXX setup used at the Tamiya USA event on 22.09.2012
dvaid852456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #378
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 7,653
Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
No offense, but this thread is for TCXX information, not Tamiya. I would suggest that your question would be better served in a thread dedicated to Tamiya chassis'.
I believe he is talking about his setup for the TCXX from the Tamiya USA track.
__________________
Please become an organ donor.
www.donatelife.net
Custom decals and Sno-Tee'z, T-Shirts by Sno Camel
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #379
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
No offense, but this thread is for TCXX information, not Tamiya. I would suggest that your question would be better served in a thread dedicated to Tamiya chassis'.
he races the TCXX he means the set up that the guy used with his TCX at the Tamiya USA track.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #380
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaid852456 View Post
He means the TCXX setup used at the Tamiya USA event on 22.09.2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
I believe he is talking about his setup for the TCXX from the Tamiya USA track.
man you guys are fast lol
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #381
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
man you guys are fast lol
dvaid852456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #382
Tech Regular
 
louielou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Tcxx setup

Man, they allow anyone in these forums! I think he was waiting at the computer for a slipup.
LOL
__________________
Thanks
Luis

email-vegaloulou@aol.com
Ebay account LOU840
louielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #383
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielou View Post
Man, they allow anyone in these forums! I think he was waiting at the computer for a slipup.
LOL
Lol keep it up or it will be a long walk back from the track lol
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #384
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielou View Post
Hows it going Fred.

I'm gona be running your Tamiya USA setup this coming weekend. I'll be running Solaris HD compound tires, with 2000 Losi in gear diff. This track is real abbrasive, rough, tight, med bite. Any setup changes you would reccommend also trying?

Thanks
Luis
Hey Luis,

Maybe more uptravel in the front. Running the 6 hole pistons tend to work better on bumpy tracks as well but the car does transistion a bit slower than running 3 hole pistons.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #385
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Hey Luis,

Maybe more uptravel in the front. Running the 6 hole pistons tend to work better on bumpy tracks as well but the car does transistion a bit slower than running 3 hole pistons.
Let me make a correction little bit.
For bumpy tracks, it is more like how much dampening you have on your shocks. So either with 3hole, 6hole setup, you can pick/adjust the piston hole size along with the oil stiffness.

Also, if you feel the 6 hole setup transition slower than what 3 hole does, you might need to go up the size of the piston hole. 6 hole setup can be set as the same (or even faster) transition speed as other piston setups. But the beauty of using 6 hole setup is that the great amount of force that how much the oil (above the piston) push up the bladder before the oil get through the piston holes.

To achieve this, the shock oil needs to have certain viscosity and 6hole piston setup is ideal setup to let work with the oil.

Thanks,

Hiro Kasuya
HPI/HB
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #386
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Let me make a correction little bit.
For bumpy tracks, it is more like how much dampening you have on your shocks. So either with 3hole, 6hole setup, you can pick/adjust the piston hole size along with the oil stiffness.

Also, if you feel the 6 hole setup transition slower than what 3 hole does, you might need to go up the size of the piston hole. 6 hole setup can be set as the same (or even faster) transition speed as other piston setups. But the beauty of using 6 hole setup is that the great amount of force that how much the oil (above the piston) push up the bladder before the oil get through the piston holes.

To achieve this, the shock oil needs to have certain viscosity and 6hole piston setup is ideal setup to let work with the oil.

Thanks,

Hiro Kasuya
HPI/HB
Yes what he said
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #387
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 431
Default

I'd have thought that the main difference between 3 and 6 hole pistons would be that there would be more laminar flow with the 6 hole piston and more turbulent flow with the 3 hole, so for the same effective damping the shock would still work differently.

I never thought about the oil pushing the bladder differently.
cyclonetog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #388
Tech Regular
 
louielou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Tcxx setup

Thanks fellas.
__________________
Thanks
Luis

email-vegaloulou@aol.com
Ebay account LOU840
louielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #389
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

.
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152

Last edited by CraigMBA; 10-28-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: .
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #390
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 569
Default great topic on shock pistons

So whats the ideal weight range of shock oil when using the following ?

2 hole
3 hole
4 hole
6 hole
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies TCX academygaz Electric On-Road 4798 09-09-2015 05:26 PM
HOT BODIES TCX SALE!!! Yokomo_Ant3 Australia For Sale/Trade 19 07-05-2012 08:25 PM
Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy WD40 Electric On-Road 68 04-18-2012 10:22 AM
What Have I Missed? Twism86 Electric On-Road 18 04-02-2012 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:47 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0