Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 10-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Ideally the angle between the servo arm and the turnbuckle should be 90degrees. I almost always find that setting the trim to zero and then moving the servo saver 1 tooth from vertical gets it about right, then adjust the length of the turnbuckle to set the rack central.
Yeah Ideally of course. But not everyone car allows for the clearence to do so. So some cars actually state be off center.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default TCXX INTERNAL GEAR RATIO ????

Ive looked through the manual and cant find it any where, Im guessing its the same as the TCX ??
Old 10-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Big pulley / small pulley.
39/20 = 1.95:1
Old 10-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Big pulley / small pulley.
39/20 = 1.95:1
thanks
Old 10-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I need a new chassis for my tcx, I was wondering will a tcxx chassis fit, do all the holes line up?
Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim_1987
I need a new chassis for my tcx, I was wondering will a tcxx chassis fit, do all the holes line up?
Yes they do, but steering posts are moved 2mm back on the tcxx. So if you want the same ackerman change as the tcxx you need bottom deck, new long steering posts, and 3 hole steering hubs.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

I've been running my TCX on my TCXX option chassis. If you add 2mm to your ackerman spacers you get the same arc as when it's on the TCX.

As goots says, it won't mimic the TCXX arc without the longer arms.

You won't be able to screw the rack brace to the top deck, but I've never seen anybody do that anyway.

All that said, I think my TCX feels better on the narrow TCX chassis than on the TCXX option chassis.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1ST Run With the TCXX

Well today was the 1st race meeting with the TCXX, In practise and the 1st qualifier the cars front end was very aggresive, the back end of the car could'nt handle it and was very loose. I had started the day on the kit setup and kit springs. I tried hpi gold springs on the front which helped abit. Next I tried making the rear wheel base longer which again made it abit better but I still couldnt keep up with the front runners. For the final I tried Hpi blue spings on the rear and leaned the rear spings in one hole. For the last qualifier and the final I also ran new tyres (sorex 28 JB blue insert) which to be honest was the best thing I did all day. In the final I was able to keep up with the TQ man untill my bodyshell caught up and I dropped back a bit. I was fairly happy with the car for its 1st run but found the car way to aggresive for my liking. Also I dont like the idea of having to bolt on new rubber to sort the car out every other run. Im running 13.5 boosted on indoors on carpet at the moment. Im thinking of trying thicker rear geardiff oil maybe 2000 cst to try and sort the on power push. If any one has a good carpet setup I would be interested in seeing it.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting feedback!

I'm gonna try my TCXX in few weeks...

Could you please publish your Hobbywing setup for 13.5 boosted? These setups are far harder to find than chassis ones!

Thanks in advance...
Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Well today was the 1st race meeting with the TCXX, In practise and the 1st qualifier the cars front end was very aggresive, the back end of the car could'nt handle it and was very loose. I had started the day on the kit setup and kit springs. I tried hpi gold springs on the front which helped abit. Next I tried making the rear wheel base longer which again made it abit better but I still couldnt keep up with the front runners. For the final I tried Hpi blue spings on the rear and leaned the rear spings in one hole. For the last qualifier and the final I also ran new tyres (sorex 28 JB blue insert) which to be honest was the best thing I did all day. In the final I was able to keep up with the TQ man untill my bodyshell caught up and I dropped back a bit. I was fairly happy with the car for its 1st run but found the car way to aggresive for my liking. Also I dont like the idea of having to bolt on new rubber to sort the car out every other run. Im running 13.5 boosted on indoors on carpet at the moment. Im thinking of trying thicker rear geardiff oil maybe 2000 cst to try and sort the on power push. If any one has a good carpet setup I would be interested in seeing it.
Like with any new car you will have to figure out the setup that works best for your driving style. So although you don't sound discouraged if you are don't be Please give me your complete setup so that I can make some suggestions.

All: Just a reminder that 95% to 100% of TCXX spares and options parts are in stock at HB USA so if you are looking for something please speak with your LHS and ask them to call/email their HB distributor for ordering.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Also for me, the first race with TCXX!
Good race, third place, race on asphalt, 13.5 boost, Sorex 36 tires, semi-standard setting excellent performance of TCXX with cold track and low traction.
Less constant performance with higher temperature ... (not so high)

Fantastic gear diff!: nod:
Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Airwave
Interesting feedback!

I'm gonna try my TCXX in few weeks...

Could you please publish your Hobbywing setup for 13.5 boosted? These setups are far harder to find than chassis ones!

Thanks in advance...
I use Hobbywing V3 and 13.5 HW , excellent performance on the medium track with these settings.

Hot Bodies TCXX-13-5.png
Old 10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO
...Less constant performance with higher temperature ... (not so high)

Fantastic gear diff!: nod:
How so?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
How so?
With high ambient temperature, it seemed that the tires front / rear, early in the finals manche, they are heated at different times, the drive was difficult, not constant, from the middle, the end of the manche the drive was better.

Maybe too thick oil shocks? standard oil 500...

Excuse my bad english...
Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Like with any new car you will have to figure out the setup that works best for your driving style. So although you don't sound discouraged if you are don't be Please give me your complete setup so that I can make some suggestions.

All: Just a reminder that 95% to 100% of TCXX spares and options parts are in stock at HB USA so if you are looking for something please speak with your LHS and ask them to call/email their HB distributor for ordering.

Hi Fred, I tried to upload my setup onto here but it said the file was to big ?? Any ideas ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.