R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Car looked great at the IIC! Was cool to talk to the Hot Bodies guys at the meet and greet taco bar! Fred is a great guy and was very helpful all week!
Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated. Embarssingly enough I forget your name
Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #302
Tech Adept

Default Rear Belt

Hi guys do you know of any other brand's of rear belt that will fit the car e.g. xray, yokomo, just rear belts for this car are hard to get in Australia atm

thanks
MUGEN_MAN_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:31 AM   #303
Tech Regular

Default TCXX drive shafts

Im not sure why Hotbodies supply ally front drive shafts and steel rear drive shafts, but can I run the ally shafts in the rear and the steel shafts up front. This would make more sense to me like on the Xray's
Old 10-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #304
Tech Regular

No, you can't run the new shaft in the front, it's too thin.
Using the thin steel shaft actually has less flywheel effect than a thicker alloy drive shaft but the ball on the steel one lasts much longer than the alloy one, so you get the best of both worlds.

The front shaft has to be thicker, so the alloy one gives the best performance, which is why you get it in the kit. For longevity over performance you'll need to get hold of a steel shaft and TCX spool cup.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #305
Tech Regular

Why does the geardiff on the TCXX have a grub screw in the side of it ? Ive been told to glue it in ?? Why was the grub screw put there if it isnt used. I assumed it was to release some oil when over filled.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #306
Tech Regular

I was thinking this. I built one for my tcx last night (bearing in mind iv never ownd a gear diff befor) its got 2 grub screws in it one each side and again I glues it with the ruberish glue. But when I filled it up I want realy sure where to fill it too (again never had or used one befor) so I filled it to just over the gears, then took the grub screw out put the cap on screwd the 4 screws up,a bit came out the grub screw hole. Then I put a tad of glue on the grub screw and put it back in. Will this be ok or am I wrong lol.
bob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #307
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
Why does the geardiff on the TCXX have a grub screw in the side of it ? Ive been told to glue it in ?? Why was the grub screw put there if it isnt used. I assumed it was to release some oil when over filled.
I've run it both ways without any leaks. If you want to use it to remove excess oil then you don't have to glue it
Old 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #308
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I've run it both ways without any leaks. If you want to use it to remove excess oil then you don't have to glue it
Thanks Fred, But how much oil should we put in the new Geardiff ?? Im comming from an Xray T3 12 and I used to weigh my diff while filling with oil. Do the Hotbodies team do this ??
Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #309
Tech Fanatic

Hey Fred, miss your expertise on the xray forum. I gotta come out and run so i can hang with you more. Seems like yesterday when i was the noob coming into Socal raceway and ruining your runs(Probably about 13 years ago).I hope you are enjoying your new ride. Who am i kidding, i know you are.

Last edited by trigger; 10-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #310
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks Fred, But how much oil should we put in the new Geardiff ?? Im comming from an Xray T3 12 and I used to weigh my diff while filling with oil. Do the Hotbodies team do this ??
It says in the manual, fill to just over the cross pin. I glued mine it prevents any leakage, if u over fill then pour a little back out. By the time it needs refilling ( which I doubt it will amazing design they only need refilling when they leak this diff don't leak) u will change the oil for fresh any way.
Jampot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #311
<PsOp>

Gear diff available yet? where can I buy one thanks.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #312
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Hey Fred, miss your expertise on the xray forum. I gotta come out and run so i can hang with you more. Seems like yesterday when i was the noob coming into Socal raceway and ruining your runs(Probably about 13 years ago).I hope you are enjoying your new ride. Who am i kidding, i know you are.
Thanks Minh, LOL it does seem like yesterday, time flies I am extremely happy with the new ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by <PsOp> View Post
Gear diff available yet? where can I buy one thanks.
Spare and optional parts are in stock at the HB USA, I just received a bunch of blocks, gear diffs, etc yesterday. I just don't know how long it will be before they are put into the system for viewing/ordering from the website or by your LHS.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #313
Tech Regular

Default TCXX servo horn question

Iam using the kit servo horn, should it be vertical to the chassis ?? Im finding it difficult to get even steering throw left to right. Ive got to say the TCXX instruction manual is crap !
Old 10-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Iam using the kit servo horn, should it be vertical to the chassis ?? Im finding it difficult to get even steering throw left to right. Ive got to say the TCXX instruction manual is crap !
I agree building the kit was like bashing my head against the wall with the instructions and bag location and lack of specifications.

Thank god the car is easy to drive.

Try lowering the ball and going offset. So don't put it 90 degrees.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #315
Tech Regular

Quote:
Ideally the angle between the servo arm and the turnbuckle should be 90degrees. I almost always find that setting the trim to zero and then moving the servo saver 1 tooth from vertical gets it about right, then adjust the length of the turnbuckle to set the rack central.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote