Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 11-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
Fresh off of the 2014 NORCAR Halloween Classic! One of the most fun races out there

185 total entries

I was able to qualify 5th in 17.5TC in a field of Awesomatix. 8/10 in the A to be exact.
Was solidly running in 3rd but finished 6th after an incident with another car.

In USGT I sat TQ after 2 rds, eventually dropping to 2nd after 4. The A Main went perfect and I was able to cruise to a 3/4 lap victory after Brian Wynn tapped a corner and I overtook. Never looking back. 2nd/3rd were Awesomatix. Not sure about the rest.

VTA TQ by 1 lap exactly, but an inverted grid made life difficult as cars seemed to take aim at me as I funneled thru to 4th quickly. At that point my car had enough abuse and decided to exit the race early....
Like to see your setup sheets for VTA, USGT, and 17.5

Last edited by John Wallace2; 11-11-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default HBS67698 Look What I found

The last 3 weekends I managed a total of slightly over 16 laps in my TCXX based USGT car -- all due to failures of the front steering spindle after very minor contact with other cars. I was searching A Main for replacements when I found this aluminum one that while is said to be for the TC and TCX, it fits the TCXX too and is nearly identical in geometry to the TCXX V2 spindles. This is what I was looking for when I first got my TCXX as the aluminum C hubs and steering spindles made the front end on my Cyclone TC cars nearly bullet proof.

In the picture the aluminum one is in the middle, with V1 spindle on the right and the V2 spindle on the left. Although it looks similar to the V1, the holes in the arm are actually the same distance as the V2 so the geometry should be the same (and for those running VTA there is plenty of room for those big VTA tires - like there is with the V2 spindles).

Might be some additional unsprung weight, but as they say to finish first you first have to finish.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCXX-hbs67698.jpg  

Last edited by John Wallace2; 11-11-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have a buddy that runs VTA and has to use many hub spacers to fit the HPI wheels. Is this the only solution VTA racers when running this car? I test drove it the other week and it pushes bad because the front end id soooo wide.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by goots
I have a buddy that runs VTA and has to use many hub spacers to fit the HPI wheels. Is this the only solution VTA racers when running this car? I test drove it the other week and it pushes bad because the front end id soooo wide.
My VTA car has the TCXX V2 hubs and no spacers, the aluminum part only looks like the V1 part but it has the same wheel clearance as the V2 hub. I've only measured so far and not yet put it on my VTA car - no breakage issue there for some reason.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'll try to get setup sheets posted later.

Also, for VTA I use the V2 hubs only and have never needed any spacers.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
The last 3 weekends I managed a total of slightly over 16 laps in my TCXX based USGT car -- all due to failures of the front steering spindle after very minor contact with other cars. I was searching A Main for replacements when I found this aluminum one that while is said to be for the TC and TCX, it fits the TCXX too and is nearly identical in geometry to the TCXX V2 spindles. This is what I was looking for when I first got my TCXX as the aluminum C hubs and steering spindles made the front end on my Cyclone TC cars nearly bullet proof.

In the picture the aluminum one is in the middle, with V1 spindle on the right and the V2 spindle on the left. Although it looks similar to the V1, the holes in the arm are actually the same distance as the V2 so the geometry should be the same (and for those running VTA there is plenty of room for those big VTA tires - like there is with the V2 spindles).

Might be some additional unsprung weight, but as they say to finish first you first have to finish.
what's the part number for these spindles?? I don't remember seeing any like this on their site before
Old 11-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_bojar
what's the part number for these spindles?? I don't remember seeing any like this on their site before
It's in the title of my original post
Old 11-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
I'll try to get setup sheets posted later.

Also, for VTA I use the V2 hubs only and have never needed any spacers.
Thanks would like to see them.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Pardon my out of focus picture, but I put a HPI VTA front wheel/tire from my VTA car on the aluminum spindle just to make sure my calculations were correct and yep plenty of room for a VTA wheel/tire without any spacers. BTW it's the same space as the V2 hubs. The V1 hubs rub against the VTA tire without spacers.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCXX-web.jpg  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It's in the title of my original post
yeah, saw that just a blind old guy here

well went and looked at a-main - and, surprise, surprise they're backordered
Old 11-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

I'm sure those aluminum front spindles are no longer in production. I have a set I don't use. The v2 spindles have a better geometry.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Here are my 3 setup sheets from the NORCAR Halloween Classic:

VTA

USGT

17.5TC
Old 11-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Pardon my out of focus picture, but I put a HPI VTA front wheel/tire from my VTA car on the aluminum spindle just to make sure my calculations were correct and yep plenty of room for a VTA wheel/tire without any spacers. BTW it's the same space as the V2 hubs. The V1 hubs rub against the VTA tire without spacers.
Thanks for clarification! just ordered my 4 sets to try.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TCXX Decal Sheet

I am in search of a TCXX sticker sheet, I cannot find a part number for it anywhere. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with? Thanks Bill
Old 11-14-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Chris At least I know I'm going in the right direction, you're just running a shorter wheel base in the front than me otherwise its just minor spring differences I'm using HPI Silvers. Only surprise is that you were not using the Arrowmax chassis in VTA. My USVTA legal car with the Arrowmax chassis and NO extra weights comes in at 1553 grams and that is with the big TEKIN ESC.

BTW Which HPI spring is closest to the Yokomo Blues?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.