R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #1981
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

garage cleaning after IIC

HPI Pro 4, TCX, TCXX parts lot
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #1982
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
Default Tcxx steering rack not available!!!

Well I'm super disappointed in hobbico and hpi/hb! I have spent the last 3 days searching and calling all over the place looking for the main steering rack for my Tcxx. When I called customer support they informed me that they have never even stocked the part! How can u not stock parts for a current model? I would get it if it was an out dated car, but come on guys... It looks like I have to order it from the uk! Super not happy!!! O well live and learn. Hopefully parts availability for my d812's and d413 will be better! Maybe next time I'll consider the AE tc... Instead of the pro5
Prormk800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #1983
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prormk800 View Post
Well I'm super disappointed in hobbico and hpi/hb! I have spent the last 3 days searching and calling all over the place looking for the main steering rack for my Tcxx. When I called customer support they informed me that they have never even stocked the part! How can u not stock parts for a current model? I would get it if it was an out dated car, but come on guys... It looks like I have to order it from the uk! Super not happy!!! O well live and learn. Hopefully parts availability for my d812's and d413 will be better! Maybe next time I'll consider the AE tc... Instead of the pro5
this part??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Bodies-S...item5d50bf82dc

or amain?
http://www.amain.com/Hot-Bodies-2mm-...rple-2/p245501

the whole rack wasn't available, but the TCX's was - you'd just need the different arms, the +2 arms
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #1984
Tech Adept
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

http://www.redrc.net/2014/10/team-c-...it/#more-88059

Long shocks, short shocks, now back to long shocks again... they can't make up their minds and want us to keep buying each time they try something! I say...

BRING BACK SHAFT DRIVE!!!
__________________
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #1985
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
Default

[QUOTE=k_bojar;13620251]this part??



It's niether of those. It's the actual rack that holds the bearings. It broke at the base wear the bearing sits in. And the bearing pulled all the way out. I would post a pic of I knew how
Prormk800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #1986
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
http://www.redrc.net/2014/10/team-c-...it/#more-88059

Long shocks, short shocks, now back to long shocks again... they can't make up their minds and want us to keep buying each time they try something! I say...

BRING BACK SHAFT DRIVE!!!
that's why I never jumped on the short shock bandwagon

funny, its just a pick of the shocks, but no text related to it
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #1987
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prormk800 View Post
It's niether of those. It's the actual rack that holds the bearings. It broke at the base wear the bearing sits in. And the bearing pulled all the way out. I would post a pic of I knew how
that part was NEVER sold separately.. only way to get that is to get the ENTIRE TCX steering kit - but that's a lot of cash to drop for one lonely piece..

I think a Tamiya 416 part might fit - goots or chrisgt2 might be able to shed better light on a similar compatible part, but I would guess the Tamiya part would fit since their steering rack is very similar

or you could ask nicely in here and someone might have a spare they'd part with (not me, however)
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #1988
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Ya after about 2 hrs of reader u I figured out that they don't offer just the rack unless u buy the whole assembly! The whole assembly is part number hbs68735. The problem is this... It's never been available in the states! Hobbico said they have never even stocked the part, and that its "on order" but they have no eta! It's available in the uk, Japan, and the Middle East. But I'm just blown away that HB doesn't keep a supply of parts for there current cars available.
If anyone does have one they don't mind parting with let me know! I would be more than willing to work something out. In the mean time... I guys I'll just have to drive the legends
Prormk800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #1989
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prormk800 View Post
Ya after about 2 hrs of reader u I figured out that they don't offer just the rack unless u buy the whole assembly! The whole assembly is part number hbs68735. The problem is this... It's never been available in the states! Hobbico said they have never even stocked the part, and that its "on order" but they have no eta! It's available in the uk, Japan, and the Middle East. But I'm just blown away that HB doesn't keep a supply of parts for there current cars available.
If anyone does have one they don't mind parting with let me know! I would be more than willing to work something out. In the mean time... I guys I'll just have to drive the legends
actually I've seen it for sale at amain, but don't remember how long ago I saw it.

don't go by hobbico, they're obviously kind of useless for this kind of info.
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:49 AM   #1990
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prormk800 View Post
Well I'm super disappointed in hobbico and hpi/hb! I have spent the last 3 days searching and calling all over the place looking for the main steering rack for my Tcxx. When I called customer support they informed me that they have never even stocked the part! How can u not stock parts for a current model? I would get it if it was an out dated car, but come on guys... It looks like I have to order it from the uk! Super not happy!!! O well live and learn. Hopefully parts availability for my d812's and d413 will be better! Maybe next time I'll consider the AE tc... Instead of the pro5
I feel for you. Its a part that I never would see break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post

Long shocks, short shocks, now back to long shocks again... they can't make up their minds and want us to keep buying each time they try something! I say...
just another tuning option. Ill be testing out the 2014 shocks and towers on asphalt in the next couple weeks to see if they work on asphalt.

just drove my pro 4 with exotek chassis the other day, real nice! but ill be going back to belt for the next season.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #1991
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default


this what I came up with at IIC high bite carpet
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:04 AM   #1992
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

What does it say in your notes goots?
Cheers
Gtr r34 m-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:19 AM   #1993
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtr r34 m-spec View Post
What does it say in your notes goots?
Cheers
send me your email. Ill send the PDF
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 PM   #1994
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgt2 View Post
I was a bit shocked that the shocks are actually the same size. They just have shorter caps!!
actually not the same size. the piston/shock body diameter is bigger, shock body length is shorter, the shafts are shorter, and like you said top cap is shorter.

I learned this the hard way by putting the wrong piston on a corner of my car
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #1995
Tech Addict
 
Chrisgt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Beaver, PA
Posts: 583
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2
Default

Fresh off of the 2014 NORCAR Halloween Classic! One of the most fun races out there

185 total entries

I was able to qualify 5th in 17.5TC in a field of Awesomatix. 8/10 in the A to be exact.
Was solidly running in 3rd but finished 6th after an incident with another car.

In USGT I sat TQ after 2 rds, eventually dropping to 2nd after 4. The A Main went perfect and I was able to cruise to a 3/4 lap victory after Brian Wynn tapped a corner and I overtook. Never looking back. 2nd/3rd were Awesomatix. Not sure about the rest.

VTA TQ by 1 lap exactly, but an inverted grid made life difficult as cars seemed to take aim at me as I funneled thru to 4th quickly. At that point my car had enough abuse and decided to exit the race early....
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies TCX academygaz Electric On-Road 4798 09-09-2015 05:26 PM
HOT BODIES TCX SALE!!! Yokomo_Ant3 Australia For Sale/Trade 19 07-05-2012 08:25 PM
Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy WD40 Electric On-Road 68 04-18-2012 10:22 AM
What Have I Missed? Twism86 Electric On-Road 18 04-02-2012 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0