Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
More of a rear steer action, lessens toe of the outer wheel thru the corner.

The best floating servo mount would be the new HB version. Part #111196

Otherwise there's one on eBay that works well. I used it. I actually have one of those I could sell cheap.
Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of it before I saw the pictures. But Rear steer is a very efficient way to make the car go through a corner. We did this with our oval cars and used the chassis roll to changes the direction the rear wheels point (didn't have toe in on those cars). Just have to be careful of the linkage geometry, because you can get the exact opposite effect you want. BTW it also increases the toe in on the inside wheel.

I couldn't tell from your pictures where or how you connected the inside link to the chassis; would explain that? Thanks
Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots
Apex RC I think has a couple of 2014 upgrade kits. That's where I got 2 of my kits.
thanks... didn't really want the whole update kit
Old 10-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i have the ebay one that Chris mentioned and it works pretty well. haven't seen the HB one anyplace, so can't comment on that

arrowmax has one, but you need to use their chassis

Chris - where can you actually get one of the HB servo mounts?
Not sure where you can order it online, but I know that there is plenty of stock sitting at HPI waiting for Great Planes to order it.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of it before I saw the pictures. But Rear steer is a very efficient way to make the car go through a corner. We did this with our oval cars and used the chassis roll to changes the direction the rear wheels point (didn't have toe in on those cars). Just have to be careful of the linkage geometry, because you can get the exact opposite effect you want. BTW it also increases the toe in on the inside wheel.

I couldn't tell from your pictures where or how you connected the inside link to the chassis; would explain that? Thanks
If you look at the photos you should be able to see how I installed a ball stud upside down on the rear bulkhead's forward most screw hole. I also chose the older style 3 hole steering knuckle.

I still haven't tested on the track.

I'd need to install softer rear springs or drill holes in the arms to mount the shocks out where they do on the standard rear arm setup
Old 10-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have the ebay one that Chris mentioned and it works pretty well. haven't seen the HB one anyplace, so can't comment on that

arrowmax has one, but you need to use their chassis

Chris - where can you actually get one of the HB servo mounts?
+1 on the HB floating servo mount. I've tried all the big box hobby stores and no one has it. Any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Getting ready to start running in a 17.5 class on a med traction parking lot track. Any recomendations for a good starting point for gearing or set up?.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HD Racer
Getting ready to start running in a 17.5 class on a med traction parking lot track. Any recomendations for a good starting point for gearing or set up?.
what motor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-wYUc3DsY

to me this is medium sized track, med-high grip. I was overtimed with a d4, on pole and you can see it fade a couple minutes in.

Last edited by goots; 10-08-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
+1 on the HB floating servo mount. I've tried all the big box hobby stores and no one has it. Any suggestions?
buy the whole 2014 upgrade kit

Last edited by goots; 10-08-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

what motor?

to me this is medium sized track, med-high grip. I was overtimed with a d4, on pole and you can see it fade a couple minutes in.
I will be running an Orion VST Pro 17.5 Motor
Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

buy the whole 2014 upgrade kit
for me, the whole kit's not worth it. I already have the DCJs (granted V1s), and lowered shock towers (spec-r)... so the only thing I'd get would be the thinner/narrower chassis and the big bore shocks

already have the floating servo mount - and the tcx motor mount

just can't justify the price for 2 bits
Old 10-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

for me, the whole kit's not worth it. I already have the DCJs (granted V1s), and lowered shock towers (spec-r)... so the only thing I'd get would be the thinner/narrower chassis and the big bore shocks

already have the floating servo mount - and the tcx motor mount

just can't justify the price for 2 bits
The towers and shocks go together, the new towers are way more slammed then the spec-r towers. Since I was previously running them. The new motor mount raises the motor and puts the motor closer to center compared to XX mount.
I think wheelspin has all the parts, but it seems pricey. I just figured if you just buy a piece of the kit, might as well go all the way..
Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

what motor?

The track we race on is smaller than this onemaybe a hunderd foot streight away. What spur and pinion were you running in the video?
Old 10-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HD Racer
The track we race on is smaller than this onemaybe a hunderd foot streight away. What spur and pinion were you running in the video?
well in the video I was over geared. Id usually run my 17.5 D4 with 12.5 rotor 55 timing with a 96 spur 48-50 pinion. I highly recommend a good fan outdoors!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

The towers and shocks go together, the new towers are way more slammed then the spec-r towers. Since I was previously running them. The new motor mount raises the motor and puts the motor closer to center compared to XX mount.
I think wheelspin has all the parts, but it seems pricey. I just figured if you just buy a piece of the kit, might as well go all the way..
Wheelspin, where do you guys find these places? Yes they have a full line of TCXX replacement parts including the HB floating servo mount, many of the upgrade parts and the upgrade kit). Just out of stock on some V1 parts that have been outdated with V2 parts. Very easy to use. Now I'll wait to see if my credit card gets hacked.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Just got back from IIC with 2 of TCXX 14. Thanks to Hiro for all the setup tips! I'm finally getting used to this carpet racing and setup. Even though I will race on the rug once a year at this event.

Not enough time to test, but got close enough in setup to do good in the amateur class. My stock car kept rolling over, I'm gonna have to tear the car apart when I have time to look what was causing it.

TCXX is still competitive! =0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.