R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #1831
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone gotten their upgrade kit? Mine came with normal silver shock shafts not the ti nitrade shock shafts.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #1832
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_g View Post
Anyone gotten their upgrade kit? Mine came with normal silver shock shafts not the ti nitrade shock shafts.
care to share where you ordered from.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:02 AM   #1833
Tech Apprentice

Raise a complaint with seller or HPI.
Bad thing....

Quote:
moraccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #1834
Tech Rookie

Quote:

Yep, same thing here.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #1835
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Me too it was the same. But it's include in the original kit. I put short in front an long rear. I've sake to Hpi and the answer was: cut the shafts to the good length... Hummmmm!!! How to say!!! NO. I want the good one as on the pictures!!!
And the servo mount is more heavy than 9gr.
And the hole on the bottom of the chassis are too small and screw exceed. Not good for untweak the chassis.
Reyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #1836
Tech Adept

Does anyone know a part number for the TCXX decal sheet?
dvaid852456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #1837
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There's no way I'd pay that price... As it is, I'd just use the standard shocks and limit the travel or play around with the shock tower combination. I'd probably just purchase the motor mount, servo mount, and possibly chassis separately. I already have the DCJ's.
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #1838
Tech Adept

Or go for the Roche floating servo holder, CSO shock towers, T-Shox Short shocks and Tamiya DCJ's and save a bundle
dvaid852456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #1839
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaid852456 View Post
Or go for the Roche floating servo holder, CSO shock towers, T-Shox Short shocks and Tamiya DCJ's and save a bundle
It'd be really interesting to see what real "gains" can be had for the shorter shocks and lower shock towers. They effectively provide the same damping. The only gain is the lower center of gravity. Having said that, I'd love to see comparisons or before/after actual MEASUREMENTS and not "seat of the pants" where someone says, "Oh, yeah, it definitely felt a lot faster blah blah blah..."

Just to note, my TCX felt A LOT faster to me than my 15 year old RS4 Pro...up until I put transponders and timed both of them... After I got both hooked up, I was running the same exact lap times in 17.5 motor category. I would hope to believe the TCXX would pull away in mod... but I doubt it.
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
Old 07-29-2014, 02:47 AM   #1840
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
It'd be really interesting to see what real "gains" can be had for the shorter shocks and lower shock towers. They effectively provide the same damping. The only gain is the lower center of gravity. Having said that, I'd love to see comparisons or before/after actual MEASUREMENTS and not "seat of the pants" where someone says, "Oh, yeah, it definitely felt a lot faster blah blah blah..."

Just to note, my TCX felt A LOT faster to me than my 15 year old RS4 Pro...up until I put transponders and timed both of them... After I got both hooked up, I was running the same exact lap times in 17.5 motor category. I would hope to believe the TCXX would pull away in mod... but I doubt it.
was your average identical also?
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #1841
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
was your average identical also?
The "fast lap" times and average times were all within .1 or .2 seconds of each other; sometimes the RS4 was faster and sometimes the TCXX was faster. Both were statistically the same. Admittedly, they felt different especially since the TCXX had a spool up front and the RS4 had a ball diff.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #1842
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seriously just try the same with a MOD motor, a 6.5T will do the job I think... I don't think there is many differences between this two chassis at low speed. I think improvement have made the car more efficient at high speed...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #1843
Tech Rookie

Default TCXX + upgrade kit

I am planning on buying the TCXX and the upgrade kit.
Sold my old Corally stuff, starting from scratch.

As I see it TCXX and parts are more expensive then other TC cars.
That would not be a problem if everything were in 100% good order.

But I have my doubts.

What about the upgrade kit I hear negative things about? Wrong parts, wrong colour and so on.

How is the building process of the kit? Any hickups? Does everything fit perfect, no grinding, cutting, shimming and so on?

Which spurs best to use? I mean the brand. Planning on racing mod.
Panaracer? Xenon? Or some other brand?
In the manual it looks like a Panaracer spur gear is included. I'm not sure however.

Sold my servo at a good price. Which one do you guys prefer in this car in combo with the floating servo mount?

Can the car compete with the T4 '14? Not performancewise on the track but as to quality of materials and ease of build.
Nick Heldens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #1844
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Heldens View Post
I am planning on buying the TCXX and the upgrade kit.
Sold my old Corally stuff, starting from scratch.

As I see it TCXX and parts are more expensive then other TC cars.
That would not be a problem if everything were in 100% good order.

But I have my doubts.

What about the upgrade kit I hear negative things about? Wrong parts, wrong colour and so on.

How is the building process of the kit? Any hickups? Does everything fit perfect, no grinding, cutting, shimming and so on?

Which spurs best to use? I mean the brand. Planning on racing mod.
Panaracer? Xenon? Or some other brand?
In the manual it looks like a Panaracer spur gear is included. I'm not sure however.

Sold my servo at a good price. Which one do you guys prefer in this car in combo with the floating servo mount?

Can the car compete with the T4 '14? Not performancewise on the track but as to quality of materials and ease of build.
Buying the TCXX AND the upgrade kit? You might be better off buying a used TCXX in this case. Otherwise, you would be wasting a lot of money on brand new parts on the TCXX that you wouldn't be using based on the upgrade kit (shocks, shock towers, chassis, etc).

Xray is probably better in terms of durability of parts. But build-wise are the same and parts fit perfectly with no grinding, cutting, etc. I do like my suspension tight so I still use shims. You would do the same on the Xray. You will get better support on Xray and probably better availability on parts. I prefer the pink color over the yellow/orange on the Xray. The problem that I don't like about the Xray is that your car is obsolete every November when they release a "new" car....
Old 08-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #1845
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaid852456 View Post
From my POV, forget about the TShox and go for the CSO short purples shocks...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote