R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #1801
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
I hope that's not the actual price when its available in the US. Eeek! Any other shops have them in stock
I hope it's WAAAAYYY cheaper then that

rcmarket usually has US prices beat - if that's their price, i'm afraid to see what our price in the USA will be

for $70 more, I can get a brand new complete TCXX

hiro - anything you can add???
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #1802
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Default

I think that will be a lower price in US. It's not the price I pay. 190euros.
For the picture I could not put pictures link because I still not enough post in this forum.
I start to build it. I had a problem with my screws. Some ones have a top too high. Original screw are recommended because the hole is to small for other screw. JCI are built. They are small and fells good. Still not start to build shocks.
Reyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #1803
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

190 euros comes out to around 260usd. Now that seems more reasonable.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #1804
Tech Master
 
stinky cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

OK I gave the V1 DCJ another go but unfortunately they have been retired for ever. Second run and I clipped a back marker who was upside down on the track which I did not see and bent one like a banana.I have ordered the Tamiya ones hoping they might be a bit stronger.
__________________
My racing is supported by the following companies
AKA Tires. http://www.ryperhobbies.com.au/
TKO Competition Development. http://premiermodelsupplies.com/
Tornado RC Chargers
Schelle Racing Innovations.
stinky cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #1805
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky cheese View Post
OK I gave the V1 DCJ another go but unfortunately they have been retired for ever. Second run and I clipped a back marker who was upside down on the track which I did not see and bent one like a banana.I have ordered the Tamiya ones hoping they might be a bit stronger.
I doubt it. Any impact that can bend a steel axle will happen again with the right crash. I suggest running a wider and harder bumper or maybe a gear diff in the front, just to save the front end.

Just curious, do you crash often?
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #1806
Tech Master
 
stinky cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
I doubt it. Any impact that can bend a steel axle will happen again with the right crash. I suggest running a wider and harder bumper or maybe a gear diff in the front, just to save the front end.

Just curious, do you crash often?
Lol. At the moment I would say a tiny bit. Firstly because of the varied skill levels of the drivers I am racing against and secondly because Im finding my way and seeing how far I can push my car which has lead to a few mistakes but overall getting better and way more consistent with less crashing.
Also learning and trying set up stuff which has been also caused a few offs but overall on track and achieving goals that I am setting for myself.
__________________
My racing is supported by the following companies
AKA Tires. http://www.ryperhobbies.com.au/
TKO Competition Development. http://premiermodelsupplies.com/
Tornado RC Chargers
Schelle Racing Innovations.
stinky cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:37 AM   #1807
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky cheese View Post
Lol. At the moment I would say a tiny bit. Firstly because of the varied skill levels of the drivers I am racing against and secondly because Im finding my way and seeing how far I can push my car which has lead to a few mistakes but overall getting better and way more consistent with less crashing.
Also learning and trying set up stuff which has been also caused a few offs but overall on track and achieving goals that I am setting for myself.
so I started with the pro 4 and cyclone. I use to break something every other weekend. I stocked piled parts because I thought the axles, and carbon parts are weak. Flash forward to the TCXX I still have parts from over 10 years ago I thought I would have used already.

Just practice, and in know time you will start putting in clean runs without touching the boards. Then you will say HB parts are durable

If you need a reference setup I have one for carpet and asphalt.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #1808
Tech Master
 
stinky cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
so I started with the pro 4 and cyclone. I use to break something every other weekend. I stocked piled parts because I thought the axles, and carbon parts are weak. Flash forward to the TCXX I still have parts from over 10 years ago I thought I would have used already.

Just practice, and in know time you will start putting in clean runs without touching the boards. Then you will say HB parts are durable

If you need a reference setup I have one for carpet and asphalt.
Would be good to look at an asphalt set up if you have one handy.
Funny thing is I did not hit any boards as track has nice concrete curbing. I hit a wall trying to do sweeper holding it flat. Rear end broke away have way around sweeper. More laps and more tinkering with set up and I will be fine.
__________________
My racing is supported by the following companies
AKA Tires. http://www.ryperhobbies.com.au/
TKO Competition Development. http://premiermodelsupplies.com/
Tornado RC Chargers
Schelle Racing Innovations.
stinky cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #1809
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky cheese View Post
Lol. At the moment I would say a tiny bit. Firstly because of the varied skill levels of the drivers I am racing against and secondly because Im finding my way and seeing how far I can push my car which has lead to a few mistakes but overall getting better and way more consistent with less crashing.
Also learning and trying set up stuff which has been also caused a few offs but overall on track and achieving goals that I am setting for myself.
if you're (and the track itself) is so 'new' and still learning - why not remove the DCJ's from the car until you get better?? replacing a $10/$15 set of dogbones (while the axel is fine) is better then replacing a $40 DCJ

what you 'loose' from going away the DCJ will hardly be noticeable - especially at this stage - while what you gain financially will definitely be felt.. and in all honestly, I wasn't able to 'feel' much of a difference when I put the DCJs on my TCX - and I've been doing this racing this since the 80s
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:39 AM   #1810
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
If you need a reference setup I have one for carpet and asphalt.
I wouldn't mind taking a peek at either setup I like where my carpet one is at - but don't like the fact that I needed to go to a 3.5 rear toe block (while the TCX only needed a 2.5), but I think that was the track itself
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #1811
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
I hope it's WAAAAYYY cheaper then that

rcmarket usually has US prices beat - if that's their price, i'm afraid to see what our price in the USA will be

for $70 more, I can get a brand new complete TCXX

hiro - anything you can add???
I would assume the street price for the upgrade pack should be around $180-170 range.

Thank you.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #1812
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
I would assume the street price for the upgrade pack should be around $180-170 range.

Thank you.
Now that is a reasonable price. Now where to get the upgrade is another thing
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 AM   #1813
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 84
Default

RC Market price for TCXX upgrade is something very strange.... I do not understand why is so expensive....
moraccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #1814
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Unknown why HB mark JPY40,000 , with Tax JPY43,200
http://www.hpiwebshop.co.jp/SHOP/112285.html
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies TCXX-hb-112285-2.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #1815
Tech Master
 
stinky cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Wow thats an expensive upgrade kit. In Hong Kong its $373US.
__________________
My racing is supported by the following companies
AKA Tires. http://www.ryperhobbies.com.au/
TKO Competition Development. http://premiermodelsupplies.com/
Tornado RC Chargers
Schelle Racing Innovations.
stinky cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies TCX academygaz Electric On-Road 4798 09-09-2015 05:26 PM
HOT BODIES TCX SALE!!! Yokomo_Ant3 Australia For Sale/Trade 19 07-05-2012 08:25 PM
Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy WD40 Electric On-Road 68 04-18-2012 10:22 AM
What Have I Missed? Twism86 Electric On-Road 18 04-02-2012 03:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0