Tech Initiate

http://hpi-express.com/?eid=943
Somebody understand this site?
gt10r5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #1697
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Send a message via AIM to racer034life

Do you want the whole web-site translated?
Old 04-17-2014, 04:00 AM   #1698
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
As for innovation, for instance, Xray seemed to have been the first to have the "floating servo" mount, the single suspension arm carriers, the ballcups that have the hole on top so you can unscrew the ballstud without stretching the plastic (hereby contributing to slop), motor mounts, etc...
I've been a fan of HPI/Hotbodies since I first started racing with the Pro4 years ago. I moved onto the Cyclone WCE and now run the TCXX.

One of the things I like is the interchangeable parts from the latest kit back to the earliest Pro4. Side by side you can see the evolution and how far the TCXX has come.

Most of the innovations mentioned above can be purchased by 3rd party manufacturers such as Arrowmax, CSO, Roche, etc. Alternatively I find half the fun is making home brew mods or alterations and seeing lap times reduce with them on the car.

I do hope HPI/Hotbodies will not fade away.
dvaid852456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:52 AM   #1699
Tech Addict

duplicate

Last edited by John Wallace2; 04-17-2014 at 05:59 AM. Reason: duplicate
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #1700
Tech Addict

Default Droop and shock length

Would someone explain to me how to measure droop as indicated on the TCXX setup sheets? To me droop is measured above the ride height until the wheels come off the ground so the picture doesn't make sense. Also shock length is it measured from the center of the eyelets or what? Again in the off road world Shock length its measured with the shocks on the car, but with the suspension at full travel only limited by the droop screw. Is that the same here? Just trying to understand and setup my new TCXX before the new TCXXX version comes out
Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #1701
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Would someone explain to me how to measure droop as indicated on the TCXX setup sheets? To me droop is measured above the ride height until the wheels come off the ground so the picture doesn't make sense. Also shock length is it measured from the center of the eyelets or what? Again in the off road world Shock length its measured with the shocks on the car, but with the suspension at full travel only limited by the droop screw. Is that the same here? Just trying to understand and setup my new TCXX before the new TCXXX version comes out
It is my understanding that it doesn't matter how you actually measure the droop as long as it is accurate and done in the same way for each of your setups.

I used to measure droop with the HPI droop tool but it is not very accurate. I have recently started to measure droop using a set of digital calipers, using the bottom part of the caliper (not the jaws). I set the gauge to the desired droop and place the car on a glass setup board (wheels off). Then place the bottom of the caliper on the wishbone at the end above the hinge pin and adjust until the pin of the caliper touches the glass setup board. I can PM you a picture if it will make more sense but I have found this to be very accurate.

On the TCXX I have found the following values to provide the same amount of actual droop

Using the HPI droop tool set to 5mm
Measuring from the bottom of the chassis at the centre of the hinge pin 8mm
Measured in the way described above 11mm
dvaid852456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #1702
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyns View Post
Hello,
No one knows where we can found it?
Thanks!!!
I emailed with Arn0 yesterday, and he hooked us up

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/hotb...BodiesTCXX.htm
Old 04-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #1703
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaid852456 View Post
It is my understanding that it doesn't matter how you actually measure the droop as long as it is accurate and done in the same way for each of your setups.

I used to measure droop with the HPI droop tool but it is not very accurate. I have recently started to measure droop using a set of digital calipers, using the bottom part of the caliper (not the jaws). I set the gauge to the desired droop and place the car on a glass setup board (wheels off). Then place the bottom of the caliper on the wishbone at the end above the hinge pin and adjust until the pin of the caliper touches the glass setup board. I can PM you a picture if it will make more sense but I have found this to be very accurate.

On the TCXX I have found the following values to provide the same amount of actual droop

Using the HPI droop tool set to 5mm
Measuring from the bottom of the chassis at the centre of the hinge pin 8mm
Measured in the way described above 11mm
Would you please. We measured the ride height then lifted the car and calculated the distance the chassis raised until the tires came off the surface that was the droop.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #1704
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Place chassis on setup board. Measure distance from top of board to middle of outer hinge pin. Viola! Done. I use a small steel metric ruler for this.

Art

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:22 AM   #1705
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
Do you want the whole web-site translated?
More what I meant was that where I can purchase this kit.
And 40 000JPY is a lot of money!
HPI UK will have this kit?
gt10r5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #1706
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgt2 View Post
Here's my new Arrowmax aluminum chassis. Just arrived today.

Weighs in about 50g more than the stock chassis pictured and roughly twice as stiff.

I will weigh the stock non cut-out chassis plate when I remove it from the car.
What is the part number for the Arroemax aluminum chassis? Mine arrived today; however, it was graphite. I went to the Arrowmax website/option parts/TCXX where there were 3 chassis one (V1) had cut outs, the second (V3) wasn't available yet and the third (V2) is what I ordered (AM-TCXX-68483-V2), which obviously isn't the right part number. Help!
Old 04-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #1707
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2

It's the V3 (7075) and it's in stock now
http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...oducts_id=1473
Franchise Racing Products
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #1708
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
HELP! I backordered (a while back) the HB 75188 universal rebuild kit and have been anxiously waiting for it thru backorder. Although Tower Hobbies stated that this was due to come in mid-March, now when I checked the website for my backorder status, it is showing as discontinued! So I backordered and waited for nothing!

Are there any other parts out there that I can use that would fit in place of the 75188?

Thanks in advance.
Hi guys.... This part HB 75188, which is a CURRENT part per the HPI TCXX website, has been on backorder from Tower Hobbies SINCE DECEMBER as far as I've backordered it. It could have been backordered longer than that. Tower's website keeps saying "on order" from month to month... from December, then Jan, then Feb, Mar, April and now May... The thing is, I have a whole bunch of drive shafts that obviously need to connect to that...

Are there any other parts out there that I can use that would fit in place of the 75188?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #1709
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi guys.... This part HB 75188, which is a CURRENT part per the HPI TCXX website, has been on backorder from Tower Hobbies SINCE DECEMBER as far as I've backordered it. It could have been backordered longer than that. Tower's website keeps saying "on order" from month to month... from December, then Jan, then Feb, Mar, April and now May... The thing is, I have a whole bunch of drive shafts that obviously need to connect to that...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Just a suggestion. You might try measuring the HPI part and asking in the BD7 or TRF forums to see what size the other brands run. I have a hunch the BD7 cvd rebuild kit will work.

This --> YOKBD-010TP Yokomo CVD Coupler & Pin Set

Good luck.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #1710
Tech Master

Quote:

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Tamiya parts may work
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote