R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Traxxas X01 Rebuild

Hey Guys!!!! Has anyone done a total dis-assembly and re-build yet? I'm in the process of de-burring, stress-relieving, blue-printing, indexing, polishing, and balancing all moving parts of mine (where applicable) (with exception of the 1717 BB Castle Motor). Steve Neu with Castle got it very close.
I came to the conclusion today (after wrecking mine) I am going to take it out of service and not drive it for a while. (I'll let you know how that goes) LOL!
Man! If you can get past the bump-steer, torque-steer and static weight issues..........these cars have Lots of Potential. My hat's off to Traxxas Engineers for the AWESOME aerodynamic package and giving us that want to take the car further some great potential. My objective is to address the 0-50 handling characteristics, and make the car predictable and consistent.

I would ask that you don't pay too much attention to the way my car looks as I'm getting old, don't see too well, and actually only work on the appearance (mostly) when I am in 'thought mode' about my next mechanical improvement.

I tried to post a link to my blacky2kgt album on PhotoBucket but I have not met the minimum posts requirement here. If you want you can see a few pictures in my photo album here on this site. Check Out - Traxxas XO1 Rebuild
blacky2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote