R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 92
Default Associated RC 12 R5.2

With AE comming out with a new 12th scale can I up grade a R5.1 to a R5.2 with out getting a brand new kit.
__________________
CRC~JConcepts ~Futaba~Protoform~Tekin~Viper

Last edited by Blackscale; 08-15-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Blackscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Tech Adept
 
Grassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Camden
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscale View Post
With AE comming out with a new 12th scale can I up grade a R5.1 to a R5.2 with out getting a brand new kit.
Just looking at the new parts list it would be possible to convert your 12R5.1 Inline Version with minimal parts needed.

From what i can see you will need

1 x 4700 Motor Mount Bulkhead
1 x 4701 LR Bulkead
1 x 4702 Motor Mount Brace
1 x 4703 Upper Pod Plate
1 x 4704 Chassis Brace
2 x 4705 Front Bulkhead
1 x 4707 Side Sprig Retainer
1 x 4708 Damper Tube
1 x 4709 Damper Tube Shaft
1 x 8828 Cup Set
1 x 31322 Arm Mount Bushing

I think that is all (someone correct me if there is anything missing)

Kind regards,

Chris
__________________
-ACE HOBBY DISTRIBUTORS AUSTRALIA-
Grassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Look at it this way you can off set the price by selling your .1 stuff to someone who just has a 5
MikeFrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscale View Post
With AE comming out with a new 12th scale can I up grade a R5.1 to a R5.2 with out getting a brand new kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy View Post
Just looking at the new parts list it would be possible to convert your 12R5.1 Inline Version with minimal parts needed.

From what i can see you will need

1 x 4700 Motor Mount Bulkhead
1 x 4701 LR Bulkead
1 x 4702 Motor Mount Brace
1 x 4703 Upper Pod Plate
1 x 4704 Chassis Brace
2 x 4705 Front Bulkhead
1 x 4707 Side Sprig Retainer
1 x 4708 Damper Tube
1 x 4709 Damper Tube Shaft
1 x 8828 Cup Set
1 x 31322 Arm Mount Bushing

I think that is all (someone correct me if there is anything missing)

Kind regards,

Chris
You can upgrade a little at a time. If you were to install the damper tubes you would have a very similar car to the 12R5.2. Then you can add the other items over time to bring it up to full spec.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,556
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
You can upgrade a little at a time. If you were to install the damper tubes you would have a very similar car to the 12R5.2. Then you can add the other items over time to bring it up to full spec.
But who doesn't love building a new AE kit?? Not this guy, new 12R5.2 will be in my hands Wednesday..

Now what do I do with my 12R5.1 1/2???
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
Madulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,017
Default

Where are you getting your kit from? I can't find it anywhere? Has Associated even started shipping them. AMain doesn't even have it listed?
__________________
Hobbywing North America Team Driver
hobbywingdirect.com
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Now with this kit my r5's are going to be boring. Maybe I sould get them upto a r5.1 lol
__________________
getting out of RC
MikeFrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
masterhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
Where are you getting your kit from? I can't find it anywhere? Has Associated even started shipping them. AMain doesn't even have it listed?
Tower had a few in stock.

I will have mine Wednesday as well!

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,556
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post
Tower had a few in stock.

I will have mine Wednesday as well!

Mike Slaughter


Check my sig.... always on the prowl..
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,556
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post
Tower HAD a few in stock.

I will have mine Wednesday as well!

Mike Slaughter
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 698
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
You can upgrade a little at a time. If you were to install the damper tubes you would have a very similar car to the 12R5.2. Then you can add the other items over time to bring it up to full spec.
Hi Hi,

I noticed that the rear lower pod plate got a different part number.
What is the diff ?

R5.2 part number is 4692, R5.1 is 8511
ongbenghui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,556
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi Maker View Post
But who doesn't love building a new AE kit?? Not this guy, new 12R5.2 will be in my hands Wednesday..

Now what do I do with my 12R5.1 1/2???
Just found out it will be with me Monday .....
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

And how long will it take you to get it on the track?
__________________
getting out of RC
MikeFrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,556
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFrazer View Post
And how long will it take you to get it on the track?
Build time- 2 HOURS
Next free day to hit BRCR-?
Definite carpet debut-September 15th at the "Hangar"
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I can be at Brcr on Thursday after I replace the parts I broke on the tc6 before I left. I think I need to replace a rim also. My r5 will not be done
__________________
getting out of RC
MikeFrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Associated RC12R5 Ferrarimk13 Electric On-Road 3811 05-08-2016 09:02 PM
Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks. John Stranahan Electric On-Road 2178 12-01-2010 10:26 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net