R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #1066
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Queens nyc
Posts: 772
Default

I ended up running no grip on front and full rear with 43mm rear tires and 41.5 fronts with 32 ride hight all around and went to 180* on front caster and car was alot more drivable that i was putting 14 sec laps consecutively for 8 mins
__________________
Felix v.
Ae sc10.2, xray t4 2016 usgt,wrc f-one 016, Tamiya m05 mini
Expensive is not always faster
Scionara05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #1067
Tech Addict
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scionara05 View Post
I ended up running no grip on front and full rear with 43mm rear tires and 41.5 fronts with 32 ride hight all around and went to 180* on front caster and car was alot more drivable that i was putting 14 sec laps consecutively for 8 mins

Nice!! I have always run my tires the other way around though... ie., I run ~41.5-41mm front and slightly smaller rears. If it works though, don't change it!

I also run about .5mm lower ride height in the rear...
__________________
All give some, but some give all - thank you veterans for my freedom.
VBC is my new addiction - have Alex Pate at GripworksRC to thank for that!
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:32 PM   #1068
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,288
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
Nice!! I have always run my tires the other way around though... ie., I run ~41.5-41mm front and slightly smaller rears. If it works though, don't change it!

I also run about .5mm lower ride height in the rear...
Your the first person ive ever heard of running bigger front tires and higher front ride height. (Not saying its wrong , just never seen anyone do it ). I usually run .5 mm smaller front tire and chassis level or rear a little higher if i need a little bit more turn in.
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #1069
Tech Addict
 
Rugspin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Palm Deset California
Posts: 512
Default

I have to agree with 303slowdown..... Aracefan not quite sure what your up too running the car that way but its defiantly not the norm.... Not saying it doesn't work for you but not how you normally setup a 1/12th scale..... Stock setups that AE has are pretty good.... Most of us run softer side springs than the Blue.... Either Green or Black... Tires small around 41.5mm to 40mm...Car around 3 to 3.5mm in height .5mm of droop Keep it simple...keep the car in stock form and it will do you well.
__________________
Steve Burgess
Rugspin Graphix http://www.rugspingraphix.com
FB http://facebook.com/rugspingraphix
Email rugspinner@aol.com
Rugspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:47 PM   #1070
Tech Addict
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
Your the first person ive ever heard of running bigger front tires and higher front ride height. (Not saying its wrong , just never seen anyone do it ). I usually run .5 mm smaller front tire and chassis level or rear a little higher if i need a little bit more turn in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugspin View Post
I have to agree with 303slowdown..... Aracefan not quite sure what your up too running the car that way but its defiantly not the norm.... Not saying it doesn't work for you but not how you normally setup a 1/12th scale..... Stock setups that AE has are pretty good.... Most of us run softer side springs than the Blue.... Either Green or Black... Tires small around 41.5mm to 40mm...Car around 3 to 3.5mm in height .5mm of droop Keep it simple...keep the car in stock form and it will do you well.
I don't know, that's just what seems to work for me. It seems to give me less "aggresive", or twitchy, steering characteristics. And your, right Rugspin, if I need a little front-end bite (without having to changes springs or anything) I just lower the front or raise the rear, to level it out. Usually all I have to do is shave my fronts down a bit.

No one should probably ever do what I do though...
__________________
All give some, but some give all - thank you veterans for my freedom.
VBC is my new addiction - have Alex Pate at GripworksRC to thank for that!
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #1071
Tech Master
 
azeroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Da Burbs
Posts: 1,063
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

wow need to rethink what I have done abit on my 5.0+ 7 traction rolls in 4 laps is alittle excessive and still way off pace down the straights now were is that setup cheat sheet
__________________
Nitro is for Racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YA SMELL WATTs I BE STEPPIN IN????

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #1072
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 322
Default

You will never be competitive on a high bite track running the front tires bigger than the rear, don't do that, it is the wrong direction.
It will do nothing but traction-role. The front will over-steer the rear, I would rethink your setup.
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:26 PM   #1073
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,807
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

I will be running on a small track with CRC black carpet in a class requiring a 13.5 motor. What gearing do you recommend?
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #1074
Tech Master
 
azeroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Da Burbs
Posts: 1,063
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
I will be running on a small track with CRC black carpet in a class requiring a 13.5 motor. What gearing do you recommend?
85 is a good start I think most are about 87-88 depending on combo
__________________
Nitro is for Racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YA SMELL WATTs I BE STEPPIN IN????

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #1075
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,807
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeroth View Post
85 is a good start I think most are about 87-88 depending on combo
Thanks. What pinion would you recommend?
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #1076
Tech Master
 
azeroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Da Burbs
Posts: 1,063
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Roll out 87.05
tire spur pinion
43.00 76.00 49.00
__________________
Nitro is for Racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YA SMELL WATTs I BE STEPPIN IN????

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #1077
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,807
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeroth View Post
Roll out 87.05
tire spur pinion
43.00 76.00 49.00
Thanks.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #1078
Tech Regular
 
some87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Posts: 414
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Hay guys sorry for the dumb question but is it possible to put in a 2s shorty in the car? My local track only allows 2s 17.5 only. I have see some other people running some small hard cases for I think 1/16th scale.
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #1079
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Yes, there are 2s/7.4 lipos in 1s size battery cases. Not for 1/16th scale.

Can't believe people are running 2s/17.5s... I run 21.5 and that's plenty fast.
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel for 1/12th scale and 1/10th Touring maintenance tips!
YouTube Search https://www.youtube.com/c/EdwardPickering?gvnc=1
                 VBC 12M - D08 - FX
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #1080
Tech Regular
 
some87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Posts: 414
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

If I could change it I would but it was a collective choice by everyone at the track when it opened up. I would like to have a 1s class but we don't have enough cars to split up.
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Associated RC12R5 Ferrarimk13 Electric On-Road 3811 05-08-2016 09:02 PM
Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks. John Stranahan Electric On-Road 2178 12-01-2010 10:26 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net