R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #481
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 103
Default grip roll

Up date on grip roll, had a good read of the set up sheets from the various big meetings over the last 6 months.
Last night ran silver side springs and damper springs, ran smaller tyres and problem seems to have been solved.Plus fitted an .018 king pin spring.

The question in most cases set up seems to have a 10 degree cast block fitted ive never ran with a 10 degree block always ran with the 5 degree setting and top washers on hinge small front big back. What effect will it have on the car running the 10 degree instead of the 5 degree. Also position of hinge pin washers.
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:09 AM   #482
Tech Adept
 
IgorR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 129
Default

Hello,

Can you give me the distance (mm) between the holes that hold the dumper tubes on the upper rear pod?
And the distance (mm) between the holes that hold the dumper tubes on the chassis brace?

thanks
__________________
Yokomo YR-X12
Shepherd Velox EC
IgorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #483
H I
Tech Master
 
H I's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,877
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorR View Post
Hello,

Can you give me the distance (mm) between the holes that hold the dumper tubes on the upper rear pod?
And the distance (mm) between the holes that hold the dumper tubes on the chassis brace?

thanks
9mm and 130mm
H I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #484
H I
Tech Master
 
H I's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,877
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE LISZKA View Post
Could you send a pic please.

Thanks
Associated RC 12 R5.2-5.2..jpgAssociated RC 12 R5.2-5.2.jpg
H I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #485
Tech Adept
 
IgorR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H I View Post
9mm and 130mm
thanks
__________________
Yokomo YR-X12
Shepherd Velox EC
IgorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #486
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvetran View Post
Up date on grip roll, had a good read of the set up sheets from the various big meetings over the last 6 months.
Last night ran silver side springs and damper springs, ran smaller tyres and problem seems to have been solved.Plus fitted an .018 king pin spring.

The question in most cases set up seems to have a 10 degree cast block fitted ive never ran with a 10 degree block always ran with the 5 degree setting and top washers on hinge small front big back. What effect will it have on the car running the 10 degree instead of the 5 degree. Also position of hinge pin washers.
In personal testing and in all pro setups going way back to t-bar cars I have never seen where 5 deg reactive was better than 10. The 5 blocks always made the car feel lazy.

I run minimum caster or middle caster on my 12R5.2 (shimmed for 1.8 or 3.25 deg per the setup sheet).

About front springs...I really do not like the AE 1/12th front springs. They feel too stiff and are super fragile. One hit to a front wheel and they will collapse and your car will be tweaked until you replace it. I run AE .020 1/10th springs with 3 shims above the top pivot ball and none anywhere else. With the 1/12th king pin this gets you a just about perfect no droop setting, they are tougher and have a smoother feel.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series

Last edited by AdrianM; 06-02-2013 at 01:50 PM.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #487
Tech Adept
 
JAKE LISZKA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H I View Post
Thanks mate, much appreciated. Servo fits and am very happy.
__________________
Team Associated - Reedy - Team Orion - LRP - Hobbywing - ORCA - Speed Passion - Spektrum - Ride - Savox

RAB Hobbies - Central R/C
JAKE LISZKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #488
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

How tight are you tightening your diff for Mod asphalt?
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #489
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
How tight are you tightening your diff for Mod asphalt?
Same as on carpet, as loose as you can without slip.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #490
Tech Addict
 
-jacob-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 627
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Could you fit a Tamiya RM01 Body on a RC12r5.2 chassis????

If so is it pretty dead on in terms of wheel base, etc???


Thank you
__________________
www.teameamotorsports.com
www.seattlercracers.com
-jacob- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #491
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jacob- View Post
Could you fit a Tamiya RM01 Body on a RC12r5.2 chassis????

If so is it pretty dead on in terms of wheel base, etc???


Thank you
Yes it will fit
A friend of mine ran the Porsche 956 with lights at IIC last year, on his R5.1
You may have to narrow the wheel track a bit
Ulti or Jaco wheel off-set should be fine

__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #492
Tech Addict
 
-jacob-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 627
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Yes it will fit
A friend of mine ran the Porsche 956 with lights at IIC last year, on his R5.1
You may have to narrow the wheel track a bit
Ulti or Jaco wheel off-set should be fine


Im confused

so RM01 chassis is narrower than a associated???

is that why i have to run wider offset/differnet wheels?
__________________
www.teameamotorsports.com
www.seattlercracers.com
-jacob- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #493
Tech Addict
 
-jacob-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 627
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

can a Tamiya RM01X compete with Associated or CRC's ???
__________________
www.teameamotorsports.com
www.seattlercracers.com
-jacob- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #494
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jacob- View Post
Im confused

so RM01 chassis is narrower than a associated???

is that why i have to run wider offset/differnet wheels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jacob- View Post
can a Tamiya RM01X compete with Associated or CRC's ???
Yes it's narrower 165mm front vs: 168 or so on the R5

The RM01 owns outright track record on the rug at TQ

And I heard of it owning at other highly competitive tracks as well

imo, 12th scale racing is more about tire treatment, precision build details, and driving, not chassis of the week

i.e. virtually any car can win, if the operator knows his stuff

Best not to discuss too much of RM's on this R5 thread (and I do have a few awesome R5's too)
MOre discussion about Tamiya HERE
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #495
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,488
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Stupid question...

Which servo saver do I want for the 9650 or BLS651?

I just ordered the wrong one...Arrrggghhh!
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Associated RC12R5 Ferrarimk13 Electric On-Road 3811 05-08-2016 09:02 PM
Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks. John Stranahan Electric On-Road 2178 12-01-2010 10:26 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net