Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Associated RC 12 R5.2 >

Associated RC 12 R5.2

Like Tree24Likes

Associated RC 12 R5.2

Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I would try your normal saucing first to make sure that you found the problem. Even if the loose problem isnt solved, It should at least be the same turning both directions. If it is still hooking to one side, something is still a little off. I have had the caster issue happen to me and once fixed, the problem of hooking was gone. Hopefully that is it because I know this car is an easy car to set up and run. Very stable platform.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Yesterday was my first race after more then 20 years of pause!

Ok. I was slow, but in every round I got faster. So that is positive. My best time is now 10,25 sec. The winner had 8,25 sec. He is swiss champion and drives of course an Asso 5.2.

It was the very first time I used the Orion Vortex Pro ESC: Wonderful thing!

The tires are 41/44 and still, I have heavy oversteering! I have put tyre dressing only on the rear tires. The rear tyres are softer then the front tires!

How can I get rid of this oversteering?

B.t.w. after how many posts can I post pictures here?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Tech Initiate

test

Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Tech Initiate

How should this be adjusted?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mitrovic
Yesterday was my first race after more then 20 years of pause!

Ok. I was slow, but in every round I got faster. So that is positive. My best time is now 10,25 sec. The winner had 8,25 sec. He is swiss champion and drives of course an Asso 5.2.

It was the very first time I used the Orion Vortex Pro ESC: Wonderful thing!

The tires are 41/44 and still, I have heavy oversteering! I have put tyre dressing only on the rear tires. The rear tyres are softer then the front tires!

How can I get rid of this oversteering?

B.t.w. after how many posts can I post pictures here?

Thanks
You can try to adjust your transmitter to calm down the front a little. Om ny KO Helios I have set the steering curve to -20, travel set to 50. Else maybe an harder front tyre will help. Also softer rear will take away front tracktion.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by oddski
You can try to adjust your transmitter to calm down the front a little. Om ny KO Helios I have set the steering curve to -20, travel set to 50. Else maybe an harder front tyre will help. Also softer rear will take away front tracktion.
Yes, that is exactly what I've done so far. Travel set to 50 and exponential curve set to calm...

Next will be black Jaco's at the front. May be yellow's at the rear?

Is there any online resource on the Jaco tires?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Another question is, do you use "auto ( drag ) brake"?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Initiate

I detailed the suspensions of the car, put new Jaco Tyres on it: black in the front, yellow in the back. programmed the vortex ESC wit auto brake and the car behaved much better.
My last record was 10,25, now it is 9,619
Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Change the wires that go from the speed control to the motor. Those big wires will affect the movement of the rear pod and make the car inconsistent.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

^ Esp with that tape on there...

Edit: Another thing... Not sure what type of surface you are running on, but from the pics above, those tires look huge!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the advices!

The first picture is an old one! I changed not only the wires, but also the ESC. The wires are shorter now, but I think they are the same thickness. It is the original wires that came attached to the LRP and to the Vortex ESC. So you would suggest not to use them, but to replace them with smaller diameter?

Yes, the tires are too big on the picture. Now I'm running 43 / 44 mm diameters. But I guess that is still too big. Running on a smooth carper.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mitrovic
Thanks for the advices!

The first picture is an old one! I changed not only the wires, but also the ESC. The wires are shorter now, but I think they are the same thickness. It is the original wires that came attached to the LRP and to the Vortex ESC. So you would suggest not to use them, but to replace them with smaller diameter?

Yes, the tires are too big on the picture. Now I'm running 43 / 44 mm diameters. But I guess that is still too big. Running on a smooth carper.
You don't need more than 16AWG wires, I asked the question on the general 1/12 forum. The ones you're using are definitely too big .

43/44mm is good IMO
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

I ran my car last night. My issue with odd handling are gone. The car was pretty good but my setup is off. I was running Keven's IIC setup to the letter but the car was a little floaty. The grip at the track was pretty good but the car was not locked in and turning as aggressive as I know it should be. I need more overall side bite and off power steering. It was interesting that on power steering was pretty good. Any suggestions?

My Jaco pinks and magentas did not show up yesterday so I ran RC Gravity Med fronts and Soft rears. Anyone know how they compare to Jacos? They don't seem to get as tacky as conventional high rubber foam.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I ran my car last night. My issue with odd handling are gone. The car was pretty good but my setup is off. I was running Keven's IIC setup to the letter but the car was a little floaty. The grip at the track was pretty good but the car was not locked in and turning as aggressive as I know it should be. I need more overall side bite and off power steering. It was interesting that on power steering was pretty good. Any suggestions?

My Jaco pinks and magentas did not show up yesterday so I ran RC Gravity Med fronts and Soft rears. Anyone know how they compare to Jacos? They don't seem to get as tacky as conventional high rubber foam.
What class are you running? If not mod, id go to a .020 front spring instead of a .021. I would also probably run different tires for not mod, like a Jaco Black/Yellow
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
What class are you running? If not mod, id go to a .020 front spring instead of a .021. I would also probably run different tires for not mod, like a Jaco Black/Yellow
13.5 blinky on a small flowing track with sub 9 sec lap times. I am actually running .018's now. I forgot that I changed that last week.

The fastest guys (TJ Bradley, Mike Bruce, Steve McNichols) are running Magenta/Magenta or Magenta/Pink. I actually need to lock the car down not free it up. I have Jaco Magenta/Pink on the way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.