R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #256
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 99
Default I want to buy RC 12 R5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
Hi,

I'm about to buy..two 1/12 pan cars. How is the wear on the Associated? I plan to keep them for quite a long time so I rather buy something durable.
Hi to all and have i nice year.
I am from Greece and i wond to tell me where can i buy a RC 12 R5.2 to send to Greece.
drover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #257
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Hi to all and have i nice year.
I am from Greece and i wond to tell me where can i buy a RC 12 R5.2 to send to Greece.
RC Market
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=13749
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #258
Tech Master
 
Budman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tracy City TN
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
1. I don't run into stuff very often.

2. I use double sided tape, its thin tape with adhesive on both sides under the battery. Comes off clean and works great. Make sure its removable not the permanent kind.



3. The normal strapping tape through the chassis slots.
Whats up Adrain Its been a long time!!! I own Cooper Hobbies and talked to you a lot when you were at Schumacher. I have used that tape on my dirt oval cars and just didn't think about it!!! Thanks Buddy.
__________________
Cooper Motorsports, Team Trinity, T-Rex Racing, GFRP, MSA, VBC Racing, Track Attack, Tekin and Frost-bite Graphics
Budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #259
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Default

Dear friends
About 20 years ago I was racing with my Asso in the 1/12 class. Swiss championship and European championship.
One month ago I did decide to come back and bough the R5.2 kit.
Fabulous I like it!
Of course a lot has changed in those 20 years, and I really have to learn a lot!
There is a local permanent race track. The track record is 8,0 sec. On the roll out day, 20 years after driving a car for the last time, I did 13, 0 sec. Yesterday I did a 11,3, so things are improving...
There are many things I need to improve, especially my driving skills.
Concerning the car, there are several things I have to improve, too:

- On a 180 turn to the left my car can flip over. What can I do to prevent it?

- My LIPO LRP 6300 1S pack does not fit quite correctly. It seems like it is about 2 mm too thick and it does not really fit under the "cover". Is this "normal" or have I made a building error?

Thanks for the help!
mitrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #260
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrovic View Post

- On a 180 turn to the left my car can flip over. What can I do to prevent it?

- My LIPO LRP 6300 1S pack does not fit quite correctly. It seems like it is about 2 mm too thick and it does not really fit under the "cover". Is this "normal" or have I made a building error?

Thanks for the help!
Post a pic of your car, and the settings/tires you are using

Adrian will be along shortly to help you out
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #261
Tech Master
 
oladele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: blackwood,NJ
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrovic View Post
Dear friends
About 20 years ago I was racing with my Asso in the 1/12 class. Swiss championship and European championship.
One month ago I did decide to come back and bough the R5.2 kit.
Fabulous I like it!
Of course a lot has changed in those 20 years, and I really have to learn a lot!
There is a local permanent race track. The track record is 8,0 sec. On the roll out day, 20 years after driving a car for the last time, I did 13, 0 sec. Yesterday I did a 11,3, so things are improving...
There are many things I need to improve, especially my driving skills.
Concerning the car, there are several things I have to improve, too:

- On a 180 turn to the left my car can flip over. What can I do to prevent it?

- My LIPO LRP 6300 1S pack does not fit quite correctly. It seems like it is about 2 mm too thick and it does not really fit under the "cover". Is this "normal" or have I made a building error?

Thanks for the help!
Regarding your 180 flips, I have two suggestions first check your steering rate, your steering rate sounds as if it may be too high causing your issue if it's around 100 I would turn it down to about 60. If you are putting a traction compound on your front tires do not do the entire tire only do the inner 1/4 of the tire. Lastly check your drag brake try to possibly lowering it so you can let off the throttle and coast through it. I hope this helps like yourself I'm just getting back in the hobby about a 20 year layoff
oladele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #262
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Default

Wow, thanks for the very fast answers.

The tyres are Jaco purple front and Jaco double pink at the back.

Settings are just out of the box, as the manual says.

I have reduced the steering way, may be I should reduce it more.

Another problem is, how do I reduce the differential slip?

It seems I can not share pictures yet, as I have posted only twice, so far...
mitrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #263
Tech Master
 
oladele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: blackwood,NJ
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrovic View Post
Wow, thanks for the very fast answers.

The tyres are Jaco purple front and Jaco double pink at the back.

Settings are just out of the box, as the manual says.

I have reduced the steering way, may be I should reduce it more.

Another problem is, how do I reduce the differential slip?

It seems I can not share pictures yet, as I have posted only twice, so far...
You adjust the slip of the diff by tightening or loosening the diff nut which is the large plastic nut in the middle of the rear wheel. You don't have to remove the wheel to adjust it
oladele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #264
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oladele View Post
You adjust the slip of the diff by tightening or loosening the diff nut which is the large plastic nut in the middle of the rear wheel. You don't have to remove the wheel to adjust it
Done!

Thank you!
mitrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #265
Tech Master
 
oladele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: blackwood,NJ
Posts: 1,688
Default

This video may help you out with set up a little bit. it's a little old 12r5.1 but the same rules apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRWk0...C0FA15FD83AD3C
oladele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #266
Tech Addict
 
arn671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Front width spacing????

Hey Guys, noticed on some of the 5.2 set up sheets that have the arms spaced out 2mm in the "upper arm" and others at the "lower arm", theoretically the upper link is lengthened either way. What is the difference in handling? Is it affecting the roll center? Thanks in advance!
arn671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #267
Tech Addict
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Netherlands, Sweet Lake City
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The lower arms are wider, so that also gives a different track with.
But the pivot point of the upper arm in relation to the center of the car is also different

Regards Robert
__________________
Sponsored by: Schumacher Racing and Dualsky
Supported by: Shepherd Benelux and Thunder Tiger.
Robert_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #268
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrovic View Post
- My LIPO LRP 6300 1S pack does not fit quite correctly. It seems like it is about 2 mm too thick and it does not really fit under the "cover". Is this "normal" or have I made a building error?

Thanks for the help!
So, has anybody else a similar problem?
mitrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #269
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Default

I have ordered the Vortex R10 Brushless ESC (120A, 1-2S) by Team Orion. Does somebody else use it? Do you have the programing box? What settings?
mitrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #270
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrovic View Post
So, has anybody else a similar problem?
Nothing fits over the battery, just tape. The top of the front plate and rear damper plate are flush with the top of the battery ~18.5mm

__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Associated RC12R5 Ferrarimk13 Electric On-Road 3811 05-08-2016 09:02 PM
Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks. John Stranahan Electric On-Road 2178 12-01-2010 10:26 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net