R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree19Likes

Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #211
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I'm having trouble understanding how to build the tubes. I read the manual that says use the #6636 grease, but then the setup sheets have 20K silicon oil for the tubes. Which is it? I thought tubes used different grease, but can I use silicon oil here also?
I use 20k diff oil. It works just fine. The oil is thick enough it doesnt run out of the tubes. Using silicon oil lets you fine tune the tubes more easily

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Mike, have you raced at Jackson before? is that why your name sounds so familiar to me?

Do you have a 17.5 stock setup you care to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
I use 20k diff oil. It works just fine. The oil is thick enough it doesnt run out of the tubes. Using silicon oil lets you fine tune the tubes more easily
Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #213
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Mike, have you raced at Jackson before? is that why your name sounds so familiar to me?

Do you have a 17.5 stock setup you care to share?
Yes I have Ive been running 13.5 blinky. Im running Keven's IIC setup, with .020 front springs and GQ 40/30 tires (Like a jaco Black/yellow), I would think that it would be solid in 17.5 as well.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid

Last edited by geeunit1014; 12-03-2012 at 01:59 PM.
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #214
Tech Elite

I'm going to try that setup on wednesday. I got my parts to upgrade to the 5.2 tonight so time to rebuild. thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Yes I have Ive been running 13.5 blinky. Im running Keven's IIC setup, with .020 front springs and GQ 40/30 tires (Like a jaco Black/yellow), I would think that it would be solid in 17.5 as well.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #215
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
I donT want this to turn into a "wiring thread" but I'm running a SXX with Novak booster, and mini receiver and I feel the car is packed. Can some of you start showing your cars. Just like to get some ideas. Thanks fellas
Here is a pic of my 13.5 car
Attached Thumbnails
Associated RC 12 R5.2-image.jpg  
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #216
Tech Elite

when building these tubes, I only need to put a coat of the of the oil on the tube (black part)? It doesn't seem smooth when I do it that way.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #217
Tech Regular

Quote:
when building these tubes, I only need to put a coat of the of the oil on the tube (black part)? It doesn't seem smooth when I do it that way.
you should put enough on so that it comes out the pin hole in the blue tube when you put them together.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #218
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jonesy112

Quote:
I fill the blue part about 1/3 of the way up before putting them together. Then squirt most of it back in the bottle as it comes out of the pin hole.

I can show you how I build mine on Sunday Dorian if you would like

RC America - X-Ray - Team EA Motorsports - RockStar Paint - Apex RC Proshop - ProOne Tires
Jonesy112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #219
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy112 View Post
I fill the blue part about 1/3 of the way up before putting them together. Then squirt most of it back in the bottle as it comes out of the pin hole.

I can show you how I build mine on Sunday Dorian if you would like
Sounds like a great ideal, let's make it happen!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #220
Tech Adept

Default new car, long arm conversion

Car all prepared and ready to go. We have a 1/12th national this coming weekend a 2 day event 10.5 blinky for me which is stock in the Uk A Sunday is another day ,2 classes open mod and sportsman which again is 10.5 blinky.I have to say this car and the WGT10 have rekindled my interest in RC racing enogh so to drag me back in to 1/12th. Ive also sold my CRC Mckune WGT10 which I never thought I would as its such a good car.But makes sense to have both the same for spares etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Associated RC 12 R5.2-l1010946.jpg   Associated RC 12 R5.2-l1010947.jpg   Associated RC 12 R5.2-l1010948.jpg   Associated RC 12 R5.2-l1010949.jpg   Associated RC 12 R5.2-l1010950.jpg  

RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #221
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvetran View Post
Car all prepared and ready to go. We have a 1/12th national this coming weekend a 2 day event 10.5 blinky for me which is stock in the Uk A Sunday is another day ,2 classes open mod and sportsman which again is 10.5 blinky.I have to say this car and the WGT10 have rekindled my interest in RC racing enogh so to drag me back in to 1/12th. Ive also sold my CRC Mckune WGT10 which I never thought I would as its such a good car.But makes sense to have both the same for spares etc.
Good to hear! Good luck!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #222
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Adjustable Pod

Speedmerchant have a few custom adjustable Blue pods for sale
Limited qty...

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #223
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Speedmerchant have a few custom adjustable Blue pods for sale
Limited qty...

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html
now that is pretty spiffy!

I brake for Drake's Coffee Cakes...
I.T.Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #224
Tech Adept

Default Weight saving

A pal of mine has just bought a set of ally screws and fitted complete car out with them .
Total weight saving is 9gms only. His car come in at 749 gms. Ready to roll ,he is using 45mm rears and 43mm fronts.So with smaller tyres will be very close to weight.

Servo is the Savox 1250
motor sonic 10.5
esc LRP SXX
receiver Sanwa 451
MR shell
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #225
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Frahm

This is our new 12th scale rear pod. It features a new ride hieght adjustment system incorporating a independent bearing carrier. This bearing carrier has a set of small precision machined serrations in the face of it that mate to matching serrations on each rear bulkhead. These serrations are .5mm appart allowing for quick and easy ride hieght adjustment. Simply loosen the 4 screws at the back of the pod, move the bearing carriers to the new position using the engraved lines to match each side and retighten. No need to disassemble the rear axle or hunt down the right ride hieght adjusters. This pod also allows us to use a larger 1/4 x 1/2 x 3/16 bearing which rolls more freely and lasts longer than the old small flanged bearing we have used for all these years. This pod is available for the Speedmerchant Rev7, CRC, Associated, and Xray 12th scale cars. It uses a different bottom and rear pod plate, but uses the stock top plate for each car. As of now, the entire pod assembly which includes the bottom plate, rear brace, motor mount, left mount, screws, and bearings will be available from Team Speedmerchant. As always, the aluminum is the best aircraft grade 7075 or 7050 aluminum available for strength and durability.

I've been using one for over a year, it's the easiest pod to adjust and the bearings last longer than the stock flanged bearings.

Jim