Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pan car seen it's realy taking off

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default pan car seen it's realy taking off

hey all: Found this on redrc and thought it was worth sharing. http://www.redrc.net/2009/10/bmi-rac...ando-gordinho/ Nice to have him back,but it got me thinking it seems that more drivers are moving back to 10th and 12th pan car and leaving tc behind has anyone elese noticed this. P.S. i may be a bit late on noticing this trend,but it's intresting to point out none the less. Thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all: Found this on redrc and thought it was worth sharing. http://www.redrc.net/2009/10/bmi-rac...ando-gordinho/ Nice to have him back,but it got me thinking it seems that more drivers are moving back to 10th and 12th pan car and leaving tc behind has anyone elese noticed this. P.S. i may be a bit late on noticing this trend,but it's intresting to point out none the less. Thanks

Issue is He NOT out of TC racing at all!! He's still does have intrest and will be attending many races with his Losi-Type R along with his Pan Car program.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I completely disagree. If anything, with rubber tires taking over, TC is growing in popularity... At our club at least. 1/10 pan car is not even close. The ratio is like 3 or 4 to 1 with TC holding the lions share of racers attention. The fastest growing class is VTA by far.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

In my area, VTA hasn't even shown it's face.

1/12 and 1/10 pan scale is really coming on strong. Two classes that are (supposedly) cheaper than the TC classes. For our local series with the TC's we have gone to spec tires, purchased at the events and it has helped with the TC turnout but we are getting 1 pan for every new TC showing up lately.