Xpress Execute FT1 FWD TC

Old 10-29-2019, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Xpress Execute FT1 FWD TC

Old 10-29-2019, 03:43 AM
Tech Champion

I just built mine today, hoping to take it for a spin this weekend. Just need some finishing touches with the electronics and mount up a body.

The build was almost as good as what I experienced with the XQ1 but there were a few minor issues - the manual had a few errors and the provided hardware wasn't quite the right size in a few places. For example, the front most countersunk screw on the bottom of the servo mount needs to be M3x5 just like the XQ1, however an M3x6 was provided. A similar issue popped up with the two front motor mount screws, M3x5 would have fit better. And finally the kit was short by one of the 6mm ball studs but a superfluous 8mm stud was provided.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

I like what Xpress have done with the details in the design. But it's far too spendy for what is still an "off-brand" car. And those little details about missing parts and a poor manual matter at this price point.

Roll on the FT1S...
Old 10-29-2019, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sosidge
I like what Xpress have done with the details in the design. But it's far too spendy for what is still an "off-brand" car. And those little details about missing parts and a poor manual matter at this price point.

Roll on the FT1S...
Overall the manual is very good, just a couple of minor issues here and there.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I don't see anything new or revolutionary. It looks just like the VBC FF twelve that was released so many years ago. The AMX FWD chassis looks the best option to me.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SteveM
I don't see anything new or revolutionary. It looks just like the VBC FF twelve that was released so many years ago. The AMX FWD chassis looks the best option to me.
The AMX is a decent option, depending on what side of the FF layout debate you fall on
BLR346 likes this.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sosidge

Roll on the FT1S...
Speaking of the FT1S, I did see some references to it on the rcMart website Maybe I should have waited for it after all.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Speaking of the FT1S, I did see some references to it on the rcMart website Maybe I should have waited for it after all.
And I just spent $225 on a FF04 EVO...
Old 10-31-2019, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow that motor is way up there. The rears are just along for the ride at this point.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Xpress just confirmed the FT1S on Facebook, due mid December. Should make the class a lot more accessible 👍
gigaplex likes this.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Ran the car for the first time at Cwic this weekend lovely car out the box really fast and by end of the day was getting times same or near to front half of the pack
like the flex option and goes together easily no issues chassis built in 3-4 hours
Old 12-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
Ran the car for the first time at Cwic this weekend lovely car out the box really fast and by end of the day was getting times same or near to front half of the pack
like the flex option and goes together easily no issues chassis built in 3-4 hours
Aluminum Chassis will be available soon as well for carpet racing
tcboy1983 likes this.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc xpress
Aluminum Chassis will be available soon as well for carpet racing
any news on alloy chassis ?
Old 02-14-2020, 11:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Overall the manual is very good, just a couple of minor issues here and there.
Hi guys, I'm almost done with the build of mine. Aside from too much side to side play in the pulley assembly (easy solve with a 0.2mm washer...) a lovely kit to build. Fit and finish is top notch. BUT, and a serious BUT, there seems to be a major design flaw that reduces gearing choise. According to the gear chart, with the stock 96t spur, the minimum pignon is a 33t (fdr of 5.5 ish), not bad as a start point for 13.5t boosted. But, that's theory, and probably based on the mechanical limit of the motor mount. The reality is that with a 33t pignon, the motor makes contact with the small pulley way before the pigon makes contact with the spur. I have a 3 mm gap!! I guess that everything below 45t won't fit. Fine for 17.5 stock, but don't print a gear chart at the end of the manual that you can't use. I'm going for a 110t spur ad see how low I can get, but that's a real bummer!! Any of you with the same issue?
gigaplex likes this.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lorenzo77
Hi guys, I'm almost done with the build of mine. Aside from too much side to side play in the pulley assembly (easy solve with a 0.2mm washer...) a lovely kit to build. Fit and finish is top notch. BUT, and a serious BUT, there seems to be a major design flaw that reduces gearing choise. According to the gear chart, with the stock 96t spur, the minimum pignon is a 33t (fdr of 5.5 ish), not bad as a start point for 13.5t boosted. But, that's theory, and probably based on the mechanical limit of the motor mount. The reality is that with a 33t pignon, the motor makes contact with the small pulley way before the pigon makes contact with the spur. I have a 3 mm gap!! I guess that everything below 45t won't fit. Fine for 17.5 stock, but don't print a gear chart at the end of the manual that you can't use. I'm going for a 110t spur ad see how low I can get, but that's a real bummer!! Any of you with the same issue?
I noticed a similar thing but got lucky with my spur and pinion choice that just fit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.