Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JellyBeans999
yea definitely I don't know why yours doesn't but its maybe cause I bought mine in Japan and it comes with a floating mount
I bought it from RCmart. No free floating servo mount and aluminium servo horn.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post .

Originally Posted by jimmylim85
+1
Old 01-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Last edited by nick1; 01-19-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onroad dude
3rd weekend on this car and in continues to impress me every run!
I took over a year off racing on-road so I can focus more in off-road but since I got back racing on-road few months ago I went back to my old stumping ground and picked up a YOKOMO BD7 14' and the first time it hit the track I never looked back and the car continue to be faster every weekend it just blows me away so I picked another car the BD7 2015. Won the fall series race last year on very competitive 17.5 stock class. We started our winter series few weeks ago so far YOKOMO is still untouchable the last 2 races. Took TQ on both stock and Modified and won the first 2 rounds of our winter series.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.rcmart.com/speed-passion-...o-p-35139.html

anyone has mounted this body on a bd7 for USGT racing?
Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I took over a year off racing on-road so I can focus more in off-road but since I got back racing on-road few months ago I went back to my old stumping ground and picked up a YOKOMO BD7 14' and the first time it hit the track I never looked back and the car continue to be faster every weekend it just blows me away so I picked another car the BD7 2015. Won the fall series race last year on very competitive 17.5 stock class. We started our winter series few weeks ago so far YOKOMO is still untouchable the last 2 races. Took TQ on both stock and Modified and won the first 2 rounds of our winter series.
My brain hurts.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

does anybody know where i can buy this fan mount? all i seem to find is a reviews of it but none for sale....

http://www.rcnews.net/2014/11/18/mar...ing-fan-mount/
Old 01-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

http://www.minizracing.it/minizshop/...jlfm0hf06f6i15
Originally Posted by onroad dude
does anybody know where i can buy this fan mount? all i seem to find is a reviews of it but none for sale....

http://www.rcnews.net/2014/11/18/mar...ing-fan-mount/
Old 01-21-2015, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I assume you had to buy a bigger helmet too...
Old 01-21-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

I have a couple of practices sessions under my belt with the '15 now... First thing I can say is that the car really is focused on the front-end. Coming from an xray T4'14 (and being older every day...) it's quite a shock and it takes a while to get accustomed to. It forces you to drive smoother, and I'm still getting used to not clipping corners as there is more turn-in that I can handle for now.

The ONE thing I don't like about it is how the car feels like tweaked after you've hit something. The T4 doesn't move a micron when you hit a board/pipe (which I do more often than I'd like), it still tracks straight. The Bd7 is less forgiving in that area. Hit something, and it's back to the pits to unscrew, flatten, rescrew. I also seems the servo holder is able to move on the chassis a bit, forcing you to retrim more often than needed.

Other than that I'm still learning the car. No diff leaks so far, just one shock leaking but it might be my fault as I think I screwed the cap askew once and now the bladder isn't sealin in properly any more.

The car has potential for sure, but it isn't for the faint-fingered, which I might be part of!

Paul
Old 01-21-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Hit something, and it's back to the pits to unscrew, flatten, rescrew. I also seems the servo holder is able to move on the chassis a bit, forcing you to retrim more often than needed.

Paul
Take a look at the turnbuckle coming off your servo to the steering rack. You can strip those little ball stud caps and it will lengthen or shorten that turnbuckle throwing off your steering trim. It then gets more fragile and easier to make it shift on future hits.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ATXPro4
Take a look at the turnbuckle coming off your servo to the steering rack. You can strip those little ball stud caps and it will lengthen or shorten that turnbuckle throwing off your steering trim. It then gets more fragile and easier to make it shift on future hits.
Good call - will watch these closely and use nuts on the 'buckle thread to monitor if this moves at all. Thank you.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:26 AM
reg
Tech Adept

I have a couple of practices sessions under my belt with the '15 now... First thing I can say is that the car really is focused on the front-end. Coming from an xray T4'14 (and being older every day...) it's quite a shock and it takes a while to get accustomed to. It forces you to drive smoother, and I'm still getting used to not clipping corners as there is more turn-in that I can handle for now.

The ONE thing I don't like about it is how the car feels like tweaked after you've hit something. The T4 doesn't move a micron when you hit a board/pipe (which I do more often than I'd like), it still tracks straight. The Bd7 is less forgiving in that area. Hit something, and it's back to the pits to unscrew, flatten, rescrew. I also seems the servo holder is able to move on the chassis a bit, forcing you to retrim more often than needed.

Other than that I'm still learning the car. No diff leaks so far, just one shock leaking but it might be my fault as I think I screwed the cap askew once and now the bladder isn't sealin in properly any more.

The car has potential for sure, but it isn't for the faint-fingered, which I might be part of!

Paul
With regards to tweak,have you tried replacing the front top deck screw with a grub screw,worth giving it a try as it cost nothing 👍
Old 01-21-2015, 09:48 AM

Paul
To eliminate the trim issue, use a 2mm shim on the bottom of the servo mount where the open area is. This will keep it from moving
Old 01-21-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimmylim85
$427 w/servo mount !
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=17219

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.