YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Old 05-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NolanP
THIS SETUP IS GEARED TOWARDS SOREX and RIDE TIRES

So if you are in a lower traction setting

Go back to non-graphite arms, carriers(allows more flex)
Go to a Green/Pink rear
Go to a Blue front
Change oil should be 450cst/500cst front
500 cst rear (slows down the snap around)
Make sure you are running 3mm over ride height droop front
Make sure you are running 4mm over ride height droop rear

Make sure you have your camber links level. try raising the rear to a 1.5mm over the rear aluminum.
are you saying to run thicker oil at the back, and a harder spring at the back?
like yokomo blue front spring, yokomo pink rear? thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

I've spent 3 full days there trying things now, almost nothing you'd expect to work does.

Some people's cars just seem to work there, some people's don't, it's not even consistent for each car.
e.g. some Mi5's seemed to struggle all day, but 1 won the meeting.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Doesn't this take the load off the tyre? Maybe I'm wrong, but a stiffer arm especially should produce more traction as it's making the tyre do the work, or should be at least. Maybe there's a certain point where it can start to overheat the tyre - I guess that's why it's called 'tuning' options.
Hi
I was at stafford too i think a lot of it is to do was with the temp of the track yesterday,dont think the tyres could take it,on saturday my car was on pace with the guys in a final but sunday all grip had gone to me by round 1 just my view
Old 05-27-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone
are you saying to run thicker oil at the back, and a harder spring at the back?
like yokomo blue front spring, yokomo pink rear? thanks
Thats exactly what I am saying.

you can do 500 all the way around
Old 05-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quietman
Hi
I was at stafford too i think a lot of it is to do was with the temp of the track yesterday,dont think the tyres could take it,on saturday my car was on pace with the guys in a final but sunday all grip had gone to me by round 1 just my view
The hotter Stafford gets the slower the track gets. A warm but overcast day would be perfect conditions unfortunately we had blistering sun all day.

Everything I've tried has made no noticeable difference.

Will be going there Friday hopefully for a days testing before I call it quits and go back to ye old faithful schuie lol.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quietman
Hi
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
The hotter Stafford gets the slower the track gets. A warm but overcast day would be perfect conditions unfortunately we had blistering sun all day.

Will be going there Friday hopefully for a days testing before I call it quits and go back to ye old faithful schuie lol.
Have you guys tried the Meen Setup ?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

The "problem" with the Meen setup is that it's on a proper tyre.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
The "problem" with the Meen setup is that it's on a proper tyre.
Ur under the wrong illusion my friend, the sorex is an awesome tire. It's the track that has the issue.

Stafford is a cr@p track, it was a massive mistake the Brca putting it on the calendar, the numbers are not as good as rnd 1 because of no other reason the track is awful.

U are fighting a losing battle attempting to set ur car up for stafford it is not a fault with the car it's the track.

To stand half a chance get another top deck sand the thing as thin as possible to create as much flex as possible or just do what u can and write the meeting off as a learning curve and don't go back or save ur tires and go practice at westlondon a proper track set the car up for there.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jampot
Ur under the wrong illusion my friend, the sorex is an awesome tire. It's the track that has the issue.

Stafford is a cr@p track, it was a massive mistake the Brca putting it on the calendar, the numbers are not as good as rnd 1 because of no other reason the track is awful.

U are fighting a losing battle attempting to set ur car up for stafford it is not a fault with the car it's the track.

To stand half a chance get another top deck sand the thing as thin as possible to create as much flex as possible or just do what u can and write the meeting off as a learning curve and don't go back or save ur tires and go practice at westlondon a proper track set the car up for there.
Funny I went faster on ride tyres at Stafford than I did with sorex, they also lasted more than 2 runs....

Nothing wrong at all with Stafford just people need to learn a bit of setup knowledge and look at themselves before they decide the track is at fault. After all its the same for everyone.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

You my friend, have underestimated just how much work I've put in at Stafford.

I'll tell you for free, adding flex to the car does not work there. I've already tried the thin top deck and some other stuff I can't really tell you, yet...

While I agree that it was a bad idea for the BRCA to go back there and the surface is not really suitable, a different tyre did work.
After I ran out of Sorex on Saturday, I spent half of the day on a better tyre, including the hottest part of the day.

On Sunday morning my car was "acceptable" on very worn Sorex (last run before the bin), and I set a lap time I was happy with in practice. After that, as the temperature came up I just couldn't get the car round. In rd.2 on new tyres my fastest lap was only 0.1s faster than my fastest lap in practice.

As Nick has already stated,
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
yet the car was responsive to setup changes on the other tyre, which was good for many runs and didn't lose anything like as much lap time as the Sorex after the 1st run.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The problem isn't that meen's setup isn't good. The track that Meen runs at you can get a car to traction roll on asphalt. Super high grip. Yes it is also on good tires.

The setup I gave out works for real world conditions with low/med grip out. It only works with Sorex and Ride tires though.

If you have Jaco Blues for instance you need to put the Greens up front and then run black in the rear.

I just ran this setup with Sorex/Rides and was able to power the car around the track with no issues (other than body tuck). I was running a 4.0T motor with a fair amount of boost. I don't have video this week though sorry.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
You my friend, have underestimated just how much work I've put in at Stafford.

I'll tell you for free, adding flex to the car does not work there. I've already tried the thin top deck and some other stuff I can't really tell you, yet...

While I agree that it was a bad idea for the BRCA to go back there and the surface is not really suitable, a different tyre did work.
After I ran out of Sorex on Saturday, I spent half of the day on a better tyre, including the hottest part of the day.

On Sunday morning my car was "acceptable" on very worn Sorex (last run before the bin), and I set a lap time I was happy with in practice. After that, as the temperature came up I just couldn't get the car round. In rd.2 on new tyres my fastest lap was only 0.1s faster than my fastest lap in practice.

As Nick has already stated,

yet the car was responsive to setup changes on the other tyre, which was good for many runs and didn't lose anything like as much lap time as the Sorex after the 1st run.
Well then it must be the tires then........ Really?
What are the possible problems

Car: The bd7 most definatly not the problem this is one of the best cars on the market

The track has not been used for how many years as its Shocking!

Tires that have been used for how many years? Work fine at how many tracks?

If u want a car that will go around fine u look at the schuie it has been designed on our tracks low grip! What sets the schuie apart from ur bd7? It's flex I bet granger weren't running a single brace in the top decks
And he would have had the softest arms hubs everything on that car

the mi5 won the meeting it runs the same geometry as ur bd7!

The proof is in the pudding.

I was not being funny with u by calling u friend, go to stafford for a good time with friends don't have high expectations. I only have heard bad things about stafford so I saved my tires concentrate on the other 3 rounds.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Grainger won yes. Chris Ashton, usually a guaranteed national A finalist made the C.

You don't know how much flex Grainger was running because you didn't pick up his car and feel it, and you don't know the range of flex I've tested (it's big).
Old 05-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Car: The bd7 most definatly not the problem this is one of the best cars on the market

If u want a car that will go around fine u look at the schuie it has been designed on our tracks low grip! What sets the schuie apart from ur bd7? It's flex I bet granger weren't running a single brace in the top decks

I was not being funny with u by calling u friend, go to stafford for a good time with friends don't have high expectations. I only have heard bad things about stafford so I saved my tires concentrate on the other 3 rounds.

Why you saving tyres? You can only use 3 sets at a national
Old 05-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

I watched a majority of the races at Stafford on the weekend. Whilst not every car looked perfect. The stand out car which looked nervous and very on edge was pretty much all the bd7's.

The conditions are the same for everybody (as are the tyres). This car clearly has fundamental issue with low grip conditions. It gives ZERO confidence for the driver. It's been designed in a competely different country around different tyres, driving style and tarmac/asphault.

The MI5 is already looking to be a good all round car. This car isn't. Even west london isn't a massive grip circuit (When compared to the cotswolds) and is pretty much the same layout as Stafford (which is a track i love and did a lot of the track maintainance on) so it will be interesting to see how it goes there.

Maybe the car needs some 'radical' setup changes to get it to 'work'? Who knows.

It's mightily frustrating for whats supposed to be the best car on the market.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.