Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You're officially on the same drugs as bertrandv87... You're .6ths off larry and .3ths out of the b, maybe, and your consistency is horrid, but yeah maybe everyone needs to hear what setup you're running.
Lol. This thread brings out the worst in people.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I thought Nolan's car looked pretty decent in the section where he wasn't hitting things. But most cars look good on the straight.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

THAT BD7 HAS BECOME AVAILABLE.
IT IS NEW IN THE BOX BD7
I ALSO HAVE ALOT OF OTHER PARTS IN STOCK
PM ME FOR DETAILS AND PRICE LIST

Last edited by jumpnjack; 10-30-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: tired and correct typos
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So, uh... do the DCJ's take bigger wheel nuts and hexes? The thread on that thing looks rather rotund.

I know CVD's aren't cool anymore, but it's nice to see Yokomo include some solid looking STEEL CVD's in the kit. I'm surprised this car has a bad reputation for durability, some of the parts seem rather overbuilt compared to other brands.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

^ does anyone have a link to these videos?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
So, uh... do the DCJ's take bigger wheel nuts and hexes? The thread on that thing looks rather rotund.

I know CVD's aren't cool anymore, but it's nice to see Yokomo include some solid looking STEEL CVD's in the kit. I'm surprised this car has a bad reputation for durability, some of the parts seem rather overbuilt compared to other brands.
I haven't actually broken anything. My only issue has been the steering blocks stripping. The graphite blocks fixed that though.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

the car has c-hub (hub carriers)that break instead of the a-arm and a lot of people left the axle sticking out past the wheels and when you hit anything and axle would catch and snap the hug carriers. it is also a new car and people (x-ray drivers) trolled this tread. so in short the car is awesome and you just need to take car of a few things to make the car more bullet proof.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

I wouldn't go back to x ray if you paid me
Old 10-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B00t13g
I wouldn't go back to x ray if you paid me
AWESOME!!! a convert to the dark blue side...
lol
Old 10-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Read back through my threads, ive had the car yet another two weeks, yet another couple of A finals (every week) and YET STILL TO BREAK A BLOODY THING!!!! Can use guys not drive or something??? Sell up and get a train set, thats what i think you need. My top notch permanent indoor carpet track has just changed the layout after the 8 week run and my god this particular new layout is a car breaker if you get it wrong. And i mean all cars, 2X T4`s delaminated chassis last week and plastic and graphite busting on all makes and models, all the drivers were scared to push hard!! Did my BD7 break anything ..............NO NO NO NO NO, did i batter it to death................YES YES YES YES YES
Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

The DCJs use same wheel nuts and hexes. Pretty much a straight drop in the BD7 and the only thing different are the bearings (included). The BD5 style c-hubs require 1mm removed but no modification required for the BD7 style ones.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

I'm not being funny, but after reading some of the crap on this thread about the cars breaking and needing to run alu parts... If your breaking that many parts, run a slower class! Your obviously out of control if your breaking that many parts.

Any car will break if you hit something hard enough. Run a class that you can control and do 5 minutes without a mistake, you'll enjoy the racing alot more and not look like a tool when you come on forums complaining your car broke from a full speed accident.
Try going up a curb in your real car at any more than a crawl and complain to Honda when you've buckled a wheel and blown a tire.... :-/
Old 10-31-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why are cvds not cool anymore? doesnt everybody use them?
Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

I thought Nolan's car looked pretty decent in the section where he wasn't hitting things. But most cars look good on the straight.
Thats to funny lmao
Old 10-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
I'm not being funny, but after reading some of the crap on this thread about the cars breaking and needing to run alu parts... If your breaking that many parts, run a slower class! Your obviously out of control if your breaking that many parts.

Any car will break if you hit something hard enough. Run a class that you can control and do 5 minutes without a mistake, you'll enjoy the racing alot more and not look like a tool when you come on forums complaining your car broke from a full speed accident.
Try going up a curb in your real car at any more than a crawl and complain to Honda when you've buckled a wheel and blown a tire.... :-/
The only "weak" part of this car are the STOCK steering blocks. Mistakes happen and no one drives perfect. I can see your point, but your comment is unnecessary. When I first got the car I went through 4 steering blocks. Each one stripped after one impact and most of that was because of how far I left the axles hanging out and they would snag on a flapper. This car is flat out awesome. End of story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.