R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #1411
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadman1981 View Post
One more question: does the manual come in english, regardless of where you order it from?
No.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #1412
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
For the servo horn, as anyone tried Tamiya's High Tourque Servo Saver? Part 51000

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51000

or 3Racing's
http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-3racsh...cPath=1099_808

I have an old F1 with it on, i could measure from the center of the screw hole to the center of the ball to see the distance, can someone measure the Yokomo servo horn for futaba servos?
I'm running a TOP Racing Medium servo saver.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #1413
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
I'm running a TOP Racing Medium servo saver.
Arent these just Kimbrough servo savers? If so ditch it ASAP, they are way too soft for TC use, if you absolutely need a saver, use the new Xray version (4 ring).

With the Soft saver, you are probably seeing some odd handling issues, the car wont react properly, and may even wander.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #1414
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
One more question: does the manual come in english, regardless of where you order it from?
I ordered mine from ks hobby and it was in english.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #1415
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #1416
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I use the standard Yokomo servo saver that came with the original CGM and BD cars on my BD5WX and my BD7. The other option is to not run a servo saver and not hit anything.

Later,

Calvin.
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #1417
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
got mine from HK the manual was in English English
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #1418
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So... the tamiya servo saver one is too short compared to the stock yokomo one?

I haven't gotten a kit yet, so i can't check myself, wouldnt want to make the car twitchy because the throw would be shorter, and faster
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #1419
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltek1 View Post
I use the standard Yokomo servo saver that came with the original CGM and BD cars on my BD5WX and my BD7. The other option is to not run a servo saver and not hit anything.

Later,

Calvin.

i ran aluminium servo horn , which in imo, it's gv more direct steering.

i'm using Savox servo...
Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #1420
Suspended

very nice thanks for sharing

Don't Worry Be Happy..
brett546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #1421
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Aluminum servo horn definitely feels better than a saver. If I ran where boards were not destructive like at my home track I would run without a servo saver, but since I do not, I ran an Xray t4 servo saver and it worked quite well.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #1422
Tech Elite

Quote:
Aluminum servo horn definitely feels better than a saver. If I ran where boards were not destructive like at my home track I would run without a servo saver, but since I do not, I ran an Xray t4 servo saver and it worked quite well.
u still run your bd7??
Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #1423
Tech Elite

Quote:
So... the tamiya servo saver one is too short compared to the stock yokomo one?

I haven't gotten a kit yet, so i can't check myself, wouldnt want to make the car twitchy because the throw would be shorter, and faster
If the servo saver is shorter it would make the steering throw slower and more accurate due to it's reduced movement for for the same amount of steering applied at the transmitter.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #1424
gom
Tech Adept

Hi everyone, I am new and I've got a question regarding the BD5 and BD7. The BD5 thread is kinda of quiet so I figured most of you have moved onto the new BD7. I am considering to buy one myself. But I am undecided between the BD5wx and the BD7.

Since the new BD7 came out, I see a lot of BD5s going for sale and new ones with huge price dropped. I can't really see myself spending $500 on a chassis, so I am leaning towards the BD5wx. What I am worry about is the part support for the old BD5. Will they stop producing them?

The other concern is regarding performance. It's still really hard to say how much actual improvement in terms of speed have the BD7 over the BD5. The design of the two is quite different however. But are the changes actually producing faster lap times for those of you who previously owned a BD5? I know the car is only been out for a month so it's still very hard to tell.

Are their geometry different? or the same? the two cars share the same suspension parts I believe except the shock tower is lowered in the BD7. Does the floating servo mount have big impact on speed? bottom plate is completely redesigned, so may be that product more traction? on carpet? on asphalt? Are there any particular flaws for either car? in terms of build quality and maintenance. Any especially fragile parts other than the usual C-hub and arms (for both the BD7 and BD5)? I honestly don't believe that the Yokomo is any more fragile than other brands.

I am a big fan of Yokomo since long long time ago. My first car was a YR4 which have never been raced unfortunately. I have only recently started racing with a TC6 in blinky 17.5 (it's been about a year now). But it seems that I just can't get the Yokomo out of my head. So which one would it be? The new BD7 with the regular high end chassis price tag? or the older BD5wx that's a couple hundred bucks cheaper? Thanks in advance guys for advice or info.
gom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #1425
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom View Post
Hi everyone, I am new and I've got a question regarding the BD5 and BD7. The BD5 thread is kinda of quiet so I figured most of you have moved onto the new BD7. I am considering to buy one myself. But I am undecided between the BD5wx and the BD7.

Since the new BD7 came out, I see a lot of BD5s going for sale and new ones with huge price dropped. I can't really see myself spending $500 on a chassis, so I am leaning towards the BD5wx. What I am worry about is the part support for the old BD5. Will they stop producing them?

The other concern is regarding performance. It's still really hard to say how much actual improvement in terms of speed have the BD7 over the BD5. The design of the two is quite different however. But are the changes actually producing faster lap times for those of you who previously owned a BD5? I know the car is only been out for a month so it's still very hard to tell.

Are their geometry different? or the same? the two cars share the same suspension parts I believe except the shock tower is lowered in the BD7. Does the floating servo mount have big impact on speed? bottom plate is completely redesigned, so may be that product more traction? on carpet? on asphalt? Are there any particular flaws for either car? in terms of build quality and maintenance. Any especially fragile parts other than the usual C-hub and arms (for both the BD7 and BD5)? I honestly don't believe that the Yokomo is any more fragile than other brands.

I am a big fan of Yokomo since long long time ago. My first car was a YR4 which have never been raced unfortunately. I have only recently started racing with a TC6 in blinky 17.5 (it's been about a year now). But it seems that I just can't get the Yokomo out of my head. So which one would it be? The new BD7 with the regular high end chassis price tag? or the older BD5wx that's a couple hundred bucks cheaper? Thanks in advance guys for advice or info.
I still haven't recieved my kit yet, and i haven't even SEEN a BD5, ever, but after spending the week reading through the whole thread, i can say that the car is an improvement in handling and in durability. Also, now that Amains has support in the US, parts for the BD7 will be easier to get, and i'm sure you can get BD5 parts. There are also parts that are carry overs to the BD7 from the BD5, i remember reading something about the arms, rear carriers, the front C hubs from a BD5 fit on the BD7, but are more prone to break.
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote