Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5tylez
wouldn't shorting the wheel base make the car less stable on turning? I thought making the wheel base longer will smoothen out the car a little?

Has any one tried using the forward most mounting holes for steering rack to change the ackerman to smoothen out the car on flowing corners?
It smoothed out the initial turn in because its not transferring as much weight forward off throttle.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:15 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
It smoothed out the initial turn in because its not transferring as much weight forward off throttle.
plus longer wb also take wider turn
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
plus longer wb also take wider turn
It's technically shorter though?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
It's technically shorter though?
maybe we are talking two differnt things...
Longer car can't turn harder than shorter wheelbase car around the turn
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is A-Main going to get restocked with parts soon?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian L
Is A-Main going to get restocked with parts soon?
let me guess -- right c-hubs?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
let me guess -- right c-hubs?
Haha you as well. I have like 4 lefts and no rights. I ordered a few sets from futaba pro shop. Thankfully our new lay out is running the opposite way so I can break into my stash of lefts!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 5tylez
wouldn't shorting the wheel base make the car less stable on turning? I thought making the wheel base longer will smoothen out the car a little?

Has any one tried using the forward most mounting holes for steering rack to change the ackerman to smoothen out the car on flowing corners?
A longer wheelbase will make the car more stable. I didnt mean i was going to try a shorter wheelbase, just to play around a bit with the wheelbase in general

Havnt tried the forward ackerman holes in the chassis but have had 1mm to 2mm behind the steering link ballstuds to move them forward more.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Yokomo DCJ's are currently taking up all 10 spots on my s*** list.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Lol why? I haven't really had any issues with mine?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

McMaster 1.5x10mm pins cut down really help along with shrink wrap. But yes... They suck.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Lord

It's almost as if the pins are too short. They weren't breaking, just coming out during an impact. I'm gonna revisit making the Tamiya DCJ's work.

I finally broke a c-hub last night. I think I caught an axle on a flapper.

I didn't have a great night with the car to be honest. I was chasing electronics issues all night (turned out to be a sensor wire) and that kinda put me behind the curve making setup adjustments. The grip was up and I thought the car was worse for it. Pushed a bit in the sections where I needed a lot of steering. I need to spend some time working on the setup in higher traction.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's almost as if the pins are too short. They weren't breaking, just coming out during an impact. I'm gonna revisit making the Tamiya DCJ's work.

I finally broke a c-hub last night. I think I caught an axle on a flapper.

I didn't have a great night with the car to be honest. I was chasing electronics issues all night (turned out to be a sensor wire) and that kinda put me behind the curve making setup adjustments. The grip was up and I thought the car was worse for it. Pushed a bit in the sections where I needed a lot of steering. I need to spend some time working on the setup in higher traction.
Our XRAY DCJs/ TC6 V2 DCJs will arrive in like 10 days. We will sell the parts separately. The coupling is interchangeable with the yokomo ones and it uses captured pins. We have a guy locally running them and he has had success with changing the parts over. I have been running the V2 DCJs in my RSD6 for about 3 months running modified on the same set of DCJs. Karl Hoffmeister ran the Proto XRAYs for a good while with great success in blinky 13.5 and 17.5 with even a little bit of mod in there.

In my case pin failures were not an issue, but rather just wear from heavy usage running mod 2x per week for 2-3 months at a time. Usually at this point it's time to rebuild the unit. The coupling is usually the part I do not need to replace.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Our XRAY DCJs/ TC6 V2 DCJs will arrive in like 10 days. We will sell the parts separately. The coupling is interchangeable with the yokomo ones and it uses captured pins. We have a guy locally running them and he has had success with changing the parts over. I have been running the V2 DCJs in my RSD6 for about 3 months running modified on the same set of DCJs. Karl Hoffmeister ran the Proto XRAYs for a good while with great success in blinky 13.5 and 17.5 with even a little bit of mod in there.

In my case pin failures were not an issue, but rather just wear from heavy usage running mod 2x per week for 2-3 months at a time. Usually at this point it's time to rebuild the unit. The coupling is usually the part I do not need to replace.
This sounds very interesting to me. So I would only need to replace the coupling with your pins and rings? The Tamiya DCJ's interfere with the c-hubs slightly, any idea how the diameter of yours compare? I'm definitely good for an order and some testing, I'd much rather not use grub screws and shrink wrap. I don't mind replacing worn parts after a few months, that's expected. It's the breaking I can't abide by.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Syndrome, that is correct. The diameter should be nearly identical to the Yoke unis. There is going to be a little bit bigger diameter just at the point where the clips are, but this is a total of maybe 1mm more overall and usually at a point where they are not in the way of hitting, at least nothing was mentioned to me by the person running them in the Yokomo. I have personally not measured the Yokomo units, but I know they work.

For what it's worth, the XRAY, RSD and Yokomo Universals have interchangeable parts, they all have the same measurements. When we designed ours, I kid you not, the dimensions were practically identical to the XRAY units and we DID NOT EVER measure the XRAY ones. It was pretty weird. Come to find out, the Yokomo ones are the same way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.