R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 02-27-2017, 01:59 AM   #7441
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSilva3525 View Post
Andre, where would the best place be to be to purchase Yokomo apparel? I have searched high and low and seems no one has in stock. Just want to rep the brand

Congrats on the team position, great addition of knowledge sir.
It depends on where you live? I order all my yokomo parts from Mibosport or Tonisport.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:10 AM   #7442
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSilva3525 View Post
Andre, where would the best place be to be to purchase Yokomo apparel? I have searched high and low and seems no one has in stock. Just want to rep the brand

Congrats on the team position, great addition of knowledge sir.
It depends on where you live? I order all my yokomo parts from Mibosport or Tonisport.

Cheers// www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Old 03-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #7443
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is everyone running the stock turnbuckle and linkage setup between the servo horn and the steering blocks? Over the weekend i barely tapped the wall a few times and it would back right out. That tiny turnbuckle with the stock ends i don't think is threading enough. I replaced the plastic pieces with new ball cups which were longer and seemed to help a bit but it still would back out. Thinking i need to not use that super short turnbuckle.

Thoughts?
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #7444
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esckalayd View Post
Is everyone running the stock turnbuckle and linkage setup between the servo horn and the steering blocks? Over the weekend i barely tapped the wall a few times and it would back right out. That tiny turnbuckle with the stock ends i don't think is threading enough. I replaced the plastic pieces with new ball cups which were longer and seemed to help a bit but it still would back out. Thinking i need to not use that super short turnbuckle.

Thoughts?
Make sure you have the horn turned at least 15 Deg to the left as stated in the instruction manual. If you have your horn completely center you'll continue to have issues because the turnbuckle will be too short for center position. Hope that helps.

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET * YOKOMO
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:24 AM   #7445
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
Make sure you have the horn turned at least 15 Deg to the left as stated in the instruction manual. If you have your horn completely center you'll continue to have issues because the turnbuckle will be too short for center position. Hope that helps.
I forgot to mention that i do have it in this position as well with the servo arm angled to the left about 10-15 degrees
Old 03-08-2017, 07:37 AM   #7446
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If you have it angled correctly, then double check your end points.

I recently switched radios and one direction the end point did not save. It went way past the limit needed. The link would pop off easily if I tapped a board ever so slightly.

I didn't figure it out till I got home. After re-adjusting the end points I have not had that pop off anymore.
SLOW 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #7447
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Chris,
What is the overall weight of the car? Mine was at 1422 without any added weight.
I have a hobbywing v3.1 120a ESC, Savox, D4, and intellect 7800mah pack on the aluminum chassis. The Gravity tires and wheels are a bit heavy compared to the Team Powers. So being at 1422 with no weights and you added 70 grams kinda blows my mind.
My car is super light with full electronics and no weight and a regular mazda body. 1285g with a Sanwa SRG-LS, Sanwa RX482, HW XERUN v4, Motiv Motor and 6300mah ORCA batteries. I also, have ti screws and turnbuckles. I need to add the 30g center weight and then some to make the 1350 minimum cutoff.

What weights do you guys use outside of the center weight.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #7448
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
My car is super light with full electronics and no weight and a regular mazda body. 1285g with a Sanwa SRG-LS, Sanwa RX482, HW XERUN v4, Motiv Motor and 6300mah ORCA batteries. I also, have ti screws and turnbuckles. I need to add the 30g center weight and then some to make the 1350 minimum cutoff.

What weights do you guys use outside of the center weight.
I'm at 1352 grams with one of the 15g front weights installed on the servo side with the 20G weight in the middle. Quite happy with the results of teh corner balance i'm at 49/51 L/R and 50/50 F/R.

LTCR lightweight, Orca VX3, Scorpion motor, Orca 6300 batts, WTF fan, Sanwa RX471 and SRG-BLSV2. Using Ti on almost all the screws on the top side, all steel on the bottom.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #7449
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
I'm at 1352 grams with one of the 15g front weights installed on the servo side with the 20G weight in the middle. Quite happy with the results of teh corner balance i'm at 49/51 L/R and 50/50 F/R.

LTCR lightweight, Orca VX3, Scorpion motor, Orca 6300 batts, WTF fan, Sanwa RX471 and SRG-BLSV2. Using Ti on almost all the screws on the top side, all steel on the bottom.
Can you take a picture of the front 15g weights and where they screw in? I was looking at them but can't honestly see where they go. I have a 2016 black edition, i dont know if the chassis is slightly different but the 15g weights don't look like they would work.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:10 PM   #7450
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Can you take a picture of the front 15g weights and where they screw in? I was looking at them but can't honestly see where they go. I have a 2016 black edition, i dont know if the chassis is slightly different but the 15g weights don't look like they would work.
running a 2016 as well, there's a small hole right below the servo horn where it goes. The 10g weights also screw in the same hole. I forget if you can use the other side since the battery tape mount goes in the parallel hole opposite the servo. BTW, i'm also running aluminum driveshafts in the rear, titanium screws and aluminum shafts for the gear diff

Old 03-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #7451
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone used the older SAMIX top decks for the '14 bd7. Set this up and thought the fitment was tight versus I believe a 13 deck I used (doesn't have the motor mount hole)

Evochick - if you're reading this I'll still buy that 14 deck off you next time I see you (will be at CHR tonight).
Old 03-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #7452
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
running a 2016 as well, there's a small hole right below the servo horn where it goes. The 10g weights also screw in the same hole. I forget if you can use the other side since the battery tape mount goes in the parallel hole opposite the servo. BTW, i'm also running aluminum driveshafts in the rear, titanium screws and aluminum shafts for the gear diff

Good looking car....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:41 AM   #7453
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

I think the 15g ones are actually designed for the 2014 and the new 10g ones were made for the 2015 and up. The fact you can't use the 15 on both sides and the screw placement for the 10g ones tell me something was changed. Also worth noting when you look at the different weights on amain, the compatibility for the 15g weights isn't there for the 2016 chassis. Its not to say you can't use them the way you do, but i think the 10g weights are the compatible ones.
Attached Thumbnails
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-15g.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-10g.jpg  
Old 03-17-2017, 04:34 AM   #7454
Tech Apprentice

What will give using of FR 3.5 and FF 4.2 suspension blocks comparer to FR 3.5 and FF 3.5?
B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:37 AM   #7455
Tech Apprentice

Is everyone running diffs high or low and why?
B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote