R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #721
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Oh yeah it was a blast......No really the hardest thing is the car is so new it's harder to get spares. I would gladly buy 3 pair of the B7-413 C hubs and pay shipping EMS or whatever. Just finding someone with them in stock right now is lower.

All in good spirits though I had fun through everything. I had more trouble with the 12th scale and the TCXX than anything else today. See below for the BD-7 being even more dialed in....lol

The funniest thing. I was waiting around and then went back to my pit spot. At that time I found my BD-7 being rebuilt. I was confused for a second. Josh Hohnstein wanted a closer look so he went through the entire car and was making sure it was setup.
i was told by Yokomo europe that they (Yokomo Japan) have focused on getting out kits and that there should be a better supply of parts in a few weeks.
T.O.P Racing USA, John's BSR Racing Tires, Gravity RC, R1werks, 3Racing, TQ Wire
jumpnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #722
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpnjack View Post
OMG finally a word of reason.

the car is great and some of us have hit thing and it brokes. sh1t happens. i love the bd7 and have broken my far share of parts. there are many people here that love them too. i a just sick and tired of reading about how the xray is stronger or the HB is better. then go and type your crap comment in this threads and let us just work on the DB7 in this thread.
Oh and just so were clear. There wasn't a brand of car that I didn't see get broken at our track yesterday.

Yup. I was offered to for someone to buy my car yesterday and for me to get out. Not a chance. It's the best car I have EVER DRIVEN!! I am also comparing cars to when I ran foam. It's just so smooth. The mistakes that have been made are my mistakes and my stupidity. I agree it is making me a better driver faster and smoother.

Btw thats awesome I can't wait to get some extra's. Yeah I know most the companies want to get the kits out then the parts come.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #723
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default Finally!

I finally had time and finished building my BD7. The only thing that I'm not quite done yet is finding a battery that is around 280-290grams. The Revtech battery I bought is 310g! The car is coming in at 1407 grams and I'm heavy on the battery side by roughly 30 grams. Besides the Orions which come in around 285 grams? It seems Thunderpower and Reedy packs come in at similar 310 grams.
Attached Thumbnails
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-dsc01727.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-dsc01729.jpg  
Old 10-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #724
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimbikerun View Post
I finally had time and finished building my BD7. The only thing that I'm not quite done yet is finding a battery that is around 280-290grams. The Revtech battery I bought is 310g! The car is coming in at 1407 grams and I'm heavy on the battery side by roughly 30 grams. Besides the Orions which come in around 285 grams? It seems Thunderpower and Reedy packs come in at similar 310 grams.
No wonder why..you installed alum hop up.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #725
Tech Elite

Quote:
Look at that all that wonderful aluminum
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
Old 10-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #726
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Which bumper is that?

Also, I'd start with only aluminum c-hubs and work your way up from there. That other stuff probably isn't necessary, and will possibly lead to problems. It also impacts the handling of the car.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #727
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
No wonder why..you installed alum hop up.
True, but that doesn't affect the left/right balance. I'm also running a gear diff in front which is significantly heavier than a spool. It looks like I'm going to get an Orion pack to balance out the car and take me down to 1380g for ROAR.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #728
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Which bumper is that?

Also, I'd start with only aluminum c-hubs and work your way up from there. That other stuff probably isn't necessary, and will possibly lead to problems. It also impacts the handling of the car.
RSD Xray T3 bumper. A direct fit, almost anyways. You'll need to dremel a little off the bumper for tire clearance at full steering lock. The RSD blank also works and you don't need to dremel for tire clearance at full lock but need to drill holes so take your pick (both bumpers come in around 10g). I've always ran aluminium rear hubs and front steering blocks in my previous cars (Tamiya & AE) for durability. We'll see what happens with the Yokomo.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #729
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpnjack View Post
i was told by Yokomo europe that they (Yokomo Japan) have focused on getting out kits and that there should be a better supply of parts in a few weeks.
www.eurorc.com has plenty of parts in stock and refill coming next week.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #730
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by goos View Post
While they do have some good options available they are out of stock of the BD-7 C-hubs.

Which was the whole point of the comment.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
Old 10-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #731
Tech Addict

Quote:
I'm with you, but have no experience with Orion batteries. Not recently anyway.

Since the battery fairies dont seem concerned at all about weight, it just grows without limits.

I still use these (or the deans version of the same thing). They are light, thin, and have reasonably good punch. Everything you could want in a single component which constitutes more than 1/5 of the total mass of your vehicle .

If they could put the big numbers on the stickers for these, I suppose they would. They definitely hold more than the advertised 5300 mAh, and the IR measures lower on my equipment than the big baller Reedy 6500x65 which I measured at 304 grams. But yeah the new porky stuff must still be better despite the increased weight. Of course.

Yes that is a TWIX wrapper. I realize how ironic that is.

Last edited by gwhiz; 10-21-2012 at 03:19 PM.
gwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

^ same batteries I run.
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #733
Tech Adept

Quote:
beautiful car!!!
turbo scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #734
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi All,

I have built the car and noticed that with LRP batteries the car height is quite lower on that site any suggestion.
Nuno Gancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #735
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by goos View Post

Thanks but unfortunately you do not ship the the united states.. so this does not help me
T.O.P Racing USA, John's BSR Racing Tires, Gravity RC, R1werks, 3Racing, TQ Wire
jumpnjack is offline   Reply With Quote