R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #6946
Tech Elite
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,003
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Go to page 15 of the manual and read this section carefully.

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/yok...016_Manual.pdf

Also take a overhead photo of your cars setup and then front and rear shock setup. Sounds like your shock collars (threaded adjustment rings) are out of wack.
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel for 1/12th scale and 1/10th Touring maintenance tips!
YouTube Search https://www.youtube.com/c/EdwardPickering?gvnc=1
                 VBC 12M - D08 - FX
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #6947
Tech Apprentice
 
Brettlesss's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 51
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboogie1967 View Post
I am new to the forum and I just bought the 2016. Do you guys know how long should the shocks be without the springs on? The reason why i am asking is because without electronics and battery in it the ride height is about 11mm and i dont think the electronics will take away 6mm.
Make sure the lower spring retainer is completely pushed down over the shock end. You normally have to apply a bit of pressure and then there is a noticeable 'Click' as it seats in position.
Brettlesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:43 PM   #6948
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Dear anyone, i suppose to run blinky class with old car.
So i want to ask if i want to run 20t center pulley with 34t diff, what belt(2015 or 2016) that can use, please?

Best regards
Interesting question
BD7 13-15 40x20-60t
BD7 16 34x17-51t
mac BD 20x34-54t
I guess a 16 belt would be closer, not sure if that would work, certainly diffs would be out of place

Is there a reason you can not reach a ratio needed with kit pulley of 40x20 ?
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:54 AM   #6949
Tech Elite
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboogie1967 View Post
I am new to the forum and I just bought the 2016. Do you guys know how long should the shocks be without the springs on? The reason why i am asking is because without electronics and battery in it the ride height is about 11mm and i dont think the electronics will take away 6mm.
Check to make sure your spring retainers aren't flipped the wrong way. They should slide over the bottoms.
__________________
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #6950
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I've been using the 2014 BD-7 for the past season and trying to justify buying the conversion kit for 350+. do you guys think its worth it?
Gel2al2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #6951
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel2al2d View Post
I've been using the 2014 BD-7 for the past season and trying to justify buying the conversion kit for 350+. do you guys think its worth it?
Absolutely not

However, if you have the means, I highly recommend it
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #6952
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Sell the 2014 and then buy a new kit and you should be $100 to 150 further ahead approx.
__________________
Yokomo BD8 x 2 , BD7 2016, YRX-12, Tamiya TRF419, Associated B6, B6D, B5M Factory Lite, B64D, B44.3, RC8B3, RC8B3e

My Outdated R/C Car collection:
Associated B44, Associated NTC3, Tamiya TRF415, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF416X
190mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:50 PM   #6953
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Absolutely not

However, if you have the means, I highly recommend it
ok thanks. I'll have to save some money for the upgrade!
Gel2al2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #6954
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190mph View Post
Sell the 2014 and then buy a new kit and you should be $100 to 150 further ahead approx.
So you say to sell the 2014 roller and buy a whole new kit? Have any of you tried any other kits such as the ARC R11? looks like a great kit for 100 less
Gel2al2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:03 PM   #6955
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Kind of cool Time Lapse build of a 16

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:02 AM   #6956
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 28
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default slop and shock shafts

Does everyone have a lot of slop in the 2016 shocks? the shafts seem to move side to side a noticeable amount. I asked around my local track and everyone else's car did it too. Is there any way to fix this? Almost seems like the shaft diameter is too small.
Bgilli26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:04 AM   #6957
Tech Regular
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 324
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

This is the way single o-ring shocks feel. Xray feels the same way. Nothing to worry about.
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #6958
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Interesting question
BD7 13-15 40x20-60t
BD7 16 34x17-51t
mac BD 20x34-54t
I guess a 16 belt would be closer, not sure if that would work, certainly diffs would be out of place

Is there a reason you can not reach a ratio needed with kit pulley of 40x20 ?
So, means 16 chassis' belt?
Thanks!
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #6959
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
However, if you have the means, I highly recommend it
It is so choice.
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #6960
Tech Master
 
TJames987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Springs

For bd7 2015 what spring do u all recomend for outdoor? Thinking about Ride Reds supposed to be same as HPI silvers
TJames987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:11 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net