R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #6676
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 84
Default

So the new car does actually work in low grip conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
here's my first run of the 16,i only ran it in the finals,i was still using my wet car for qualifying,but setting up the 16 in between rounds,im the blue car lining up at the last minute in 5th finished 2nd ,it was about 4c air temp and started raining about 30 secs in although you cant see it,its not the fastest car there but very consistent to drive,still work to do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-4-2iTfRKw
jordan.norwood@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #6677
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So the new car does actually work in low grip conditions?
im happy so far with it,coming from the xray t4 15 its easily on par,changes from the standard set up were 25/28 front progressives ,26 rears (xray springs) inner camber link lowered to 2mm ,1.3 top deck and disconnected the front arb,i should have done the rear as well as it was still skittish on exit,i was on some well worn wets so newer tyres should help,after id got home and pulled it apart i found the diff was too tight so i took the outer shims off and now its very free,so should have cured the exit problems,im also hoping we get a break in the weather long enough for a dry meeting to see how it handles
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 02:16 PM   #6678
Tech Apprentice
 
Migigu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Swiss
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterke View Post
so
ff 4.2 and fr 4.2
for the front.

and rear
rr 4.9 and fr 5.7

or do i get you wrong ?
I have to say FF 4.2 and FR 4.2 (1 Piece) works best for me on carpet
high grip.

Have a lot of testing with FF4.9 FR4.2 (1 Piece) / FF4.2 FR3.5 (2 Piece) / FF3.9 FR3.5 (2 Piece) / FF3.9 FR3.5 (2 Piece) FR Spacer 0.5

two best was FF3.9 FR3.5 (2 Piece) FR Spacer 0.5
Anyone who has ever tried to FF4.2 and FR 4.2 (1 Piece)?

my setup I am very satisfied
Attached Thumbnails
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-24.01.2016-reinach.jpg  

Last edited by Migigu; 01-24-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Migigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:16 PM   #6679
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migigu View Post
I have to say FF 4.2 and FR 4.2 (1 Piece) works best for me on carpet
high grip.

Have a lot of testing with FF4.2 FR3.5 (2 Piece) / FF3.9 FR3.5 (2 Piece) / FF3.9 FR3.5 (2 Piece) FR Spacer 0.5

two best was FF3.9 FR3.5 (2 Piece) FR Spacer 0.5
Anyone who has ever tried to FF4.2 and FR 4.2 (1 Piece)?

my setup I am very satisfied
I haven't been able to get 1 piece FR 44.2. Where did you get yours?
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:42 PM   #6680
Tech Apprentice
 
Migigu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Swiss
Posts: 53
Default

i use the BD5 block.... BD-301FR3.

It is the same as that from the BD7, but unfortunately in blue.
Migigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:36 AM   #6681
Tech Adept
 
AL1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aruba
Posts: 130
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi,
Is the 2016 steering bell crank any different from the 2015? I don't see that it is included in the conversion kit, but they sure have different part numbers. I know the bridge is shorter but what about the other steering parts?

Thx for replying!
__________________
Yokomo BD7'14, Muchmore Fleta Euro, Muchmore Fleta ZX, Thunder Power!!!
AL1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #6682
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 354
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Low bite Track

Hello,

Have anyone tried the 2016 BD7 on a low bite track? I have no success with my 2016. My 2015 was way better. I change roll center shims, droop, ride height, rear toe and my car was still loose. Sorex 32 and 36 with tire warmers have the same result too. Should I buy the optional long shock tower and use my 2015 shocks? Other cars were also loose but my 2016 was the worse. I went to URC raceway in northridge, CA yesterday. The track is a parking lot and was closed for a few weeks. Traction was awfull yesterday.

The 2016 was so amazing on carpet. Best car I ever drove. I know there must be a good set up for outdoor asphalt.
__________________
www.ActivRc.com ORCA ARC
fx35rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #6683
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 354
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post
Hi,
Is the 2016 steering bell crank any different from the 2015? I don't see that it is included in the conversion kit, but they sure have different part numbers. I know the bridge is shorter but what about the other steering parts?

Thx for replying!
Yes it does fit. I used my 2015 bell cranks on my 2016
__________________
www.ActivRc.com ORCA ARC
fx35rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #6684
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx35rc View Post
Hello,

Have anyone tried the 2016 BD7 on a low bite track? I have no success with my 2016. My 2015 was way better. I change roll center shims, droop, ride height, rear toe and my car was still loose. Sorex 32 and 36 with tire warmers have the same result too. Should I buy the optional long shock tower and use my 2015 shocks? Other cars were also loose but my 2016 was the worse. I went to URC raceway in northridge, CA yesterday. The track is a parking lot and was closed for a few weeks. Traction was awfull yesterday.

The 2016 was so amazing on carpet. Best car I ever drove. I know there must be a good set up for outdoor asphalt.
Guy a few post above ^
Shows it racing in the rain, looked pretty good
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #6685
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 354
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Guy a few post above ^
Shows it racing in the rain, looked pretty good
Thanks Dave
__________________
www.ActivRc.com ORCA ARC
fx35rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:37 AM   #6686
Tech Master
 
mikeygar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

more and more am seeing setups from PetitRC with wider wheelbases front and rear. Usual combos I see are 4.2 FF and RF and 2.7 FR and 6.4RR. Anyone tried it out yet?
__________________
Manila On-Road RC on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManilaRC
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:42 AM   #6687
Tech Apprentice
 
Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florence, Italy
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
more and more am seeing setups from PetitRC with wider wheelbases front and rear. Usual combos I see are 4.2 FF and RF and 2.7 FR and 6.4RR. Anyone tried it out yet?
on carpet with alluminium chassis it seems to be the best solution...I'll try in the weekend
__________________
Awesomatix A800
Awesomatix A800X
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:40 AM   #6688
Tech Initiate
 
Wacker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon View Post
on carpet with alluminium chassis it seems to be the best solution...I'll try in the weekend
I guess it Depends on what Tyres your using & how Grippy the Track is!
I tried 2.7RF & 7.2RR on Carpet last Weekend & it felt pretty good, but the Car did'nt feel quite as Nimble......kit 2.0RF & 6.4RR still feels better to me!
I'm still running 4.2FF & 3.5FR on the Front at the moment & it has a nice feel, but might try going abit Narrower, for abitmore Steering!��
Wacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #6689
Tech Adept
 
AL1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aruba
Posts: 130
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi,
I have a few questions for the ones who might know or own both T4 and BD7.
Have you tried Xray's T4 short shocks on the BD7 2016?
If yes, how do they fit and handle?

If no, are the shocks volume and length different?

reason for asking: I want to buy the xray black shocks to try PSS on the yokomo.

Thx for answering.
__________________
Yokomo BD7'14, Muchmore Fleta Euro, Muchmore Fleta ZX, Thunder Power!!!
AL1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #6690
Tech Fanatic
 
tbrymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post
Hi,
I have a few questions for the ones who might know or own both T4 and BD7.
Have you tried Xray's T4 short shocks on the BD7 2016?
If yes, how do they fit and handle?

If no, are the shocks volume and length different?

reason for asking: I want to buy the xray black shocks to try PSS on the yokomo.

Thx for answering.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Progressive-...AAAOSwqYBWnG7k

Tworks came out with PSS for yokomo.
__________________
CRC - C&C Motorsports - SpeedZone
tbrymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
antlockyer
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net