R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #6571
Tech Master
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,537
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

thanks for everyone's setup suggestions, the champ gave me the following setup to try that was working well for him on the weekend. I think the 4.5mm front hex +5K diff + the tyre prep difference will help

My conversion kit just arrived so I must now resist upgrading.......
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMCC-cup-yokomo.pdf (326.8 KB, 307 views)
__________________
Unretired

2017 ACT Rally champion :)
evochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #6572
reg
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evochick View Post
thanks for everyone's setup suggestions, the champ gave me the following setup to try that was working well for him on the weekend. I think the 4.5mm front hex +5K diff + the tyre prep difference will help

My conversion kit just arrived so I must now resist upgrading.......

Was excited to see the setup🤓........god damn iPad 😏
reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #6573
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
Was excited to see the setup🤓........god damn iPad 😏
download Acrobat Reader from App Store.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #6574
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
the rear belt worn is much higher in 16 than 15. anyone has experienced this already?
Also curious...
__________________
www.rcpit.nl , RC dealer

www.machheemstede.nl
..................................Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gkh2xZcQU
Modified 4 life
Govert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:27 PM   #6575
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 507
Default

Is B7 TBS the correct titanium turnbuckle set to fit the bd7 2016 car?
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #6576
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutts View Post
Is B7 TBS the correct titanium turnbuckle set to fit the bd7 2016 car?


Fits all BD7's. For the 2016 you might have a little trouble getting the specified link length with the turnbuckles for the rear sway bar but it works ok on the new car.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #6577
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

i have my 16 built but havent ran it yet but would like to know which rear blocks give which rear toe in?its kit 3 degree at the mo with the 2.0 fr and 6.4 rear
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #6578
Tech Master
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,537
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post


Fits all BD7's. For the 2016 you might have a little trouble getting the specified link length with the turnbuckles for the rear sway bar but it works ok on the new car.
Yep you wont need the rear rollbar ones. But Volker was still using them just all the way wound in.
__________________
Unretired

2017 ACT Rally champion :)
evochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:03 PM   #6579
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
i have my 16 built but havent ran it yet but would like to know which rear blocks give which rear toe in?its kit 3 degree at the mo with the 2.0 fr and 6.4 rear
Each 0.7 change gives 0.5 degrees of toe.

ie: 45.7 at the rr with the 2.0 (42.0) is 2.5 degs of toe in
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #6580
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Looking into purchasing a BD7 '15 or '16. I can get the '15 from Banzai for just under $300 USD. Is there much of a difference for "on-track performance" between these 2 chassis? It is a lot cheaper than the '16, and still leaves money left over for a motor and tires.

I am a A or B main driver at my local track, used to drive a T4 and a AE TC6.2, sold those to try offroad for a couple years, now want to get back into on-road. My local track is med grip carpet.
ModularGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:07 PM   #6581
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularGT View Post
Looking into purchasing a BD7 '15 or '16. I can get the '15 from Banzai for just under $300 USD. Is there much of a difference for "on-track performance" between these 2 chassis? It is a lot cheaper than the '16, and still leaves money left over for a motor and tires.

I am a A or B main driver at my local track, used to drive a T4 and a AE TC6.2, sold those to try offroad for a couple years, now want to get back into on-road. My local track is med grip carpet.
From my own experience and what others at the local track are saying, the 2016 is a HUGE step up from the 2015 just because of drivability. Setup window is larger, car is more consistent; just plain easier to drive. I wouldn't even consider going back to the old car and I'm sure a lot of people will echo that.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #6582
Tech Master
 
picco007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: TX.
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
From my own experience and what others at the local track are saying, the 2016 is a HUGE step up from the 2015 just because of drivability. Setup window is larger, car is more consistent; just plain easier to drive. I wouldn't even consider going back to the old car and I'm sure a lot of people will echo that.
So I have to agree with the above post. I drove the car on asphalt this past weekend. I had much more rear traction, I used the kit springs and the car was decent, changed to RSD springs and the car got better (lap times) but did not feel too much different between the two different springs. So echoing what was just posted as there is a larger set up window. Maybe could be the 4 hole Pistons and etc. and the lower CG. I have two 15's and they are definitely different.
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:22 AM   #6583
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 507
Default

Hi Guys busy building my car after moving from Tamiya 419. Seem to be having an issue that when I fit the top deck there is definitely something rubbing when the belts are moved? It seems and only very lightly, it looks like there may be some float in the spur gear holder that just lightly touches the top deck.. has anyone else had this issue?
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:45 AM   #6584
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutts View Post
Hi Guys busy building my car after moving from Tamiya 419. Seem to be having an issue that when I fit the top deck there is definitely something rubbing when the belts are moved? It seems and only very lightly, it looks like there may be some float in the spur gear holder that just lightly touches the top deck.. has anyone else had this issue?
What spur gear brand are you using? I've had this problem with thick spur gears and you just have to find a thin spur gear from Panaracer or similar.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:18 AM   #6585
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
What spur gear brand are you using? I've had this problem with thick spur gears and you just have to find a thin spur gear from Panaracer or similar.
I am using panaracer so really confused as to what it could be
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net