R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #6361
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
I think that picture of the new and old pulleys has been manipulated a little as well, to exaggerate the difference between them.
The old Xray pulleys were 34t as well, towards the end of the T2's lifetime, and I don't recall there being that much difference in diameter
The current Xray diffs are 38, but the difference is easily visible.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:17 AM   #6362
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
The current Xray diffs are 38, but the difference is easily visible.
I agree, I just don't think the image they've used is quite 'true'
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:11 PM   #6363
Tech Master
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,536
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

bump Yokomo have updated their website and yes new symmetrical chassis for 16,

a good photo here with what is included in the conversion kit

__________________
UnRetired
evochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:16 AM   #6364
Tech Regular
 
porsche928gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saginaw Texas and Orlando Florida
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evochick View Post
bump Yokomo have updated their website and yes new symmetrical chassis for 16,

a good photo here with what is included in the conversion kit

Wow that looks awesome. If they make a mirror copy of the motor mount is possible to change the side where you want to install the motor (left to right).hmmm
porsche928gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:26 AM   #6365
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,897
Default

Actually I think that is what I have been waiting for. A perfectly symmetrical bottom plate to develop my single belt setup. I think this goes on the Christmas list.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:11 AM   #6366
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 235
Default

I know that the excitement is on the upcoming 16 spec car release, but if anyone is looking for a great deal, Banzai is selling the BD7 15 JMRCA Open Class Spec for 300$. That's basicaly the standard black series plus DCJ, one piece servo mount and Titanium turnbuckles.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #6367
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 139
Default

just bought used bd7-15`
plan to race it on high grip, smal size (20x12m) carpet track, at Superstock class with 13.5t motors, esc blinky mode.
as I come from offroad to onroad and this will be my first experience at onroad, could you please advice which parts I should keep as spares and which option parts can improve bd7-15` performance on carpet track?
hardijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #6368
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardijs View Post
just bought used bd7-15`
plan to race it on high grip, smal size (20x12m) carpet track, at Superstock class with 13.5t motors, esc blinky mode.
as I come from offroad to onroad and this will be my first experience at onroad, could you please advice which parts I should keep as spares and which option parts can improve bd7-15` performance on carpet track?
For spare parts, I would say a set of C hubs, Front arms, rear arms, maybe steering knuckles and a spare spur gear. Of course some 5x10 bearings. In 2 years of racing this car, I only broke one C hub (and that was a pretty nasty crash...)

The rest of what you would need would just be normal maintenance that you replace as they wear out... (belts, ballcups...)

For essential options, I would say the one piece servo mount, shock springs of various rates and front DCJ. Otherwise, the car is pretty complete and very competitive out of the box.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:38 AM   #6369
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodopsine View Post
For spare parts, I would say a set of C hubs, Front arms, rear arms, maybe steering knuckles and a spare spur gear. Of course some 5x10 bearings. In 2 years of racing this car, I only broke one C hub (and that was a pretty nasty crash...)

The rest of what you would need would just be normal maintenance that you replace as they wear out... (belts, ballcups...)

For essential options, I would say the one piece servo mount, shock springs of various rates and front DCJ. Otherwise, the car is pretty complete and very competitive out of the box.

Martin Paradis
Thank You Martin for those recomendations!
everything is clear, except -> what is DCJ ??
hardijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #6370
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardijs View Post
Thank You Martin for those recomendations!
everything is clear, except -> what is DCJ ??
Dual Cardan Joints

Yokomo part number B7-010FW
http://teamyokomo.com/partslist/b7/parts_b7_010fw.html

They make the steering and handling smoother

Martin
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #6371
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodopsine View Post
Dual Cardan Joints

Yokomo part number B7-010FW
http://teamyokomo.com/partslist/b7/parts_b7_010fw.html

They make the steering and handling smoother

Martin
Thank`s Martin!
When will start to setup car, will come with more questions, as setup sheet has many parameters shown which I not understand... but it will ask later.
hardijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:01 AM   #6372
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,345
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hardijs - you don't necessarily have to buy the Yokomo DCJ's. There are a number of aftermarket companies who do DCJ's for the BD7. The Roche are very decent, for a bit cheaper in most cases
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #6373
Tech Regular
 
pete68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: gatineau qc can
Posts: 379
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hi
if any of you guy's are selling your bd7/2015
email gilles he his looking for one or if there a deal for a new one
let him know
lockdoctor35@hotmail.com
thanks
__________________
Yokomo BD7-15&16/YZ2 HOBBYWING/SMC/FUTABA/XPERT/MRT-PTX
pete68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:35 PM   #6374
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 162
Default 13.5 blinky small carpet track gearing

Hi all,

Next Sunday will first time drive my Yoko BD7 2014;
Got it used, will drive with Dynamite platinum 13.5 blinky;
Tires LRP CPX 2;

What gearing would be good strarting point?

Out of the box I have 96 64p and 116 64p spurs.
What pionion would I need to get?
janisdaubergs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:11 AM   #6375
Tech Adept
 
skyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bavaria / Germany
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisdaubergs View Post
Got it used, will drive with Dynamite platinum 13.5 blinky;
What gearing would be good strarting point?
Out of the box I have 96 64p and 116 64p spurs.
That depends on the track of course. For a wide, speedy track I'd go for a ratio around 4, for a small, technical track I'd go for something like 4.8. So using the 96t spur, you could use pinions in the range from 40 (ratio 4.8) to 48 (ratio 4.0)...

Christian
__________________
[Sanwa M12][Awesomatix A800][Ronalds Yoke BD-7 2014][Roche P12 2016][Asso RC12R5.2][VBC LightningFXM]
skyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 02:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 03:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 12:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:44 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net