Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7 >

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Old 09-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Broke my drive shaft last night, it is not the standed shaft, double joint. Is there a manual for it? With part numbers, because someone got up the inside of me and car went flying.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

eyyy guys going to release a new model, BD8? or there will be bd7 photos or know something?
Old 09-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Last edited by Zhangesh; 08-17-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It's been almost a decade since i Iast raced and want to return slowly. My last car was a HB Cyclone, bought it the moment it was released way back then. Looking for a car I can grow into and I'm looking at a BD7 RS3. I figure I can save a few dollars to invest in electronics since I'm starting from scratch. Would there be reason NOT to buy a BD7 RS3? Yes, I know- the money I spend upgrading will be greater than just buying BD7 15 black, but I have to watch my initial investment or else... Appreciate any response.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a 13 for sale that would be better than the rs for you (and cheaper) The link is in my signature.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone have the actual spring rates?
Old 09-21-2015, 04:13 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zhangesh
unlikely to be a new model for 2016, they will probably release a special version with some parts as standard (think DCJ's).

BD9 will likely be released in late 2016 for 2017
In less you have some inside information there will be a 2016 BD7, Yok have for the last so many years brought out a new car every year same as Xray does. I think the stupid name changes have gone and that only the year will change, Xray have already said they won't be changing the T no's anymore.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Glarke
Heya guys, looking for a bit of help. My first weekend with a touring car the other week and I was running setup as described below.
Car was very pointy into the corners (so much so that for the first lap or two I would clip apexes), and a little pushy on the way out.
What should I be looking to do in order to calm the steering down on the way in and gain a little from mid corner out?
Adjust ride height to 5mm both front and rear. Make sure you do not have any drag brake on. Reduce steering throw. Try standing rear shocks one position. If that doesn't fix it, try harder rear springs.

What bodyshell are you using?
Old 09-21-2015, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,

I've decided to put my backup BD-7 2015 up for sale. PM me for details.

-Korey
Old 09-21-2015, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by buzz777
Adjust ride height to 5mm both front and rear. Make sure you do not have any drag brake on. Reduce steering throw. Try standing rear shocks one position. If that doesn't fix it, try harder rear springs.

What bodyshell are you using?
Thanks for the reply. Running a Bitty Nardo shell at the moment, but have a Mazda GX on its way to try too.
I ran the car last weekend after taking a half mm droop out of the front which helped in the back half of the turns, but Ill try your suggestions when I get back on the track next weekend and see how I go.
Possibly just a bit of time getting used to touring cars will help.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glarke
Thanks for the reply. Running a Bitty Nardo shell at the moment, but have a Mazda GX on its way to try too.
I ran the car last weekend after taking a half mm droop out of the front which helped in the back half of the turns, but Ill try your suggestions when I get back on the track next weekend and see how I go.
Possibly just a bit of time getting used to touring cars will help.
GX body is a good way to free up rear end
Doubt that's what you are looking for
Speed 6 for carpet
LTC for asphalt, most popular bodies on a BD7
Old 09-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
GX body is a good way to free up rear end
Doubt that's what you are looking for
Speed 6 for carpet
LTC for asphalt, most popular bodies on a BD7
The Speed 6 is also really good on asphalt, depends what the track is like and what tyres you are using, it's the only shell I use on my BD7, we use the Sorex 32 as the control tyre
Old 09-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default anti roll bar setup

Does anyone have a good link to a step by step setup for getting the anti roll bar correct as I can not get to behave properly and when I lift up wheel the other side never moves and I have adjusted everything

does the middle roll bar stabiliser move or should the set screw be in far enough so it doesn't wobble around in between the holders.

Should the roll bar itself be able to move or slide from left to right within the rollbar holders at the front. I have tried tighten up the set screws as much as possible but the roll bar still seems to slide from side to side
Old 09-23-2015, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

The stabilizer should be tightened down as it stops side to side movement. The bulkhead set screws just account for the thickness of the sway bar so you should tighten those until you get a little resistance from the sway moving freely and then back them off a little.

The only way to see them working is to take everything off but the arms. Too much weight and too little travel to actually see how they're working with everything together.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2uzferunner03
The stabilizer should be tightened down as it stops side to side movement. The bulkhead set screws just account for the thickness of the sway bar so you should tighten those until you get a little resistance from the sway moving freely and then back them off a little.

The only way to see them working is to take everything off but the arms. Too much weight and too little travel to actually see how they're working with everything together.
+1

I also check it with only the arms and everything taken off.

When adjusted like this, and if your arms does not go up at the same time when everything is attached, you have an indication that something binds elsewhere (hubs/hinge pins etc.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.