R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #5566
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,349
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge T View Post
Just leaks more w/2k-5k cst oil than the new ones. (they still leak a bit), but if you plan to run it with 1million cst or putty in the front it won't matter.(probably won't leak)
Thanks Jorge

Does it tend to leak via the outdrives or main ring side?

Plus i thought xtian and you were xray guys

Cheers

Paul
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:56 PM   #5567
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 60
Default

I have built my new 15 edition, but my steering is binding up. But it moves freely after moving it side to side, but went to install the servo and checked it again and not moving free. I have stripped it down seven times and in is in the steering rack area, not in the hubs and caster blocks.
Going to try my 14 edition steering rack to see if that is the problem. Anyone else had this?
tiny tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 PM   #5568
Tech Addict
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 705
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny tom View Post
I have built my new 15 edition, but my steering is binding up. But it moves freely after moving it side to side, but went to install the servo and checked it again and not moving free. I have stripped it down seven times and in is in the steering rack area, not in the hubs and caster blocks.
Going to try my 14 edition steering rack to see if that is the problem. Anyone else had this?
Nearly completed my build as well but haven't had your problem with my steering rack. You say you narrowed it down to the rack area that's causing the bind but that could the the left or right steering post or in the center piece. Did you check for binding after each part was installed, or each screw tightened?
rc_square24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:13 AM   #5569
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 60
Default

Found the problem, had to strip my 14 down at the same time as the 15 and found a small bure on the steering rack and problem solved.
tiny tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #5570
Tech Adept
 
AL1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aruba
Posts: 130
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi,
which chassis protector decal is best for the BD7'15? Want to protect my chassis from asphalt scratches.
Thx, if possible post pics.
__________________
Yokomo BD7'14, Muchmore Fleta Euro, Muchmore Fleta ZX, Thunder Power!!!
AL1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:12 AM   #5571
Tech Fanatic
 
cyba888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taipei
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post
Hi,
which chassis protector decal is best for the BD7'15? Want to protect my chassis from asphalt scratches.
Thx, if possible post pics.
I use associated it's thicker but very good protection. No need to cover entire chassis just use a few strips. Can show you pic if you want
__________________
2014 and 2015 BD7 Black Series, Yokomo RPX ESC- Yokomo 4.5T Motor
Yokomo B-MAX4 III Factory Team Kit, Muchmore ESC- LRP 6.5T Motor
Mugen MBX7R Eco- 2200 KV Motor
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #5572
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 497
Default

I just purchased a used 2014 bd7 that I haven't received yet. I'm looking for lipo battery advice as this is my first modern day touring car. I'm going to be running blinky 17.5.

I'm looking at the turnigy Nano tech ultimate 90c and they come in three flavors. 6000mah/340g, 6600mah/340g and 7500mah/350g. Weights are with wires and plugs. My electronics servo,motor, esc and motor fan weigh in at 310g.

Thanks for any advice
2uzferunner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #5573
Tech Master
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 1,079
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2uzferunner03 View Post
I just purchased a used 2014 bd7 that I haven't received yet. I'm looking for lipo battery advice as this is my first modern day touring car. I'm going to be running blinky 17.5.

I'm looking at the turnigy Nano tech ultimate 90c and they come in three flavors. 6000mah/340g, 6600mah/340g and 7500mah/350g. Weights are with wires and plugs. My electronics servo,motor, esc and motor fan weigh in at 310g.

Thanks for any advice
If your track follow roar rules 1380g stick to a pack 300 grams and under, then balance car left to right. There's no need for anything 6000mah and above for a 5min race with a 17.5 motor.

Orca power plus 265g
Orca HV series is around 285
Muchmore
R1
__________________
Soap



REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET * YOKOMO
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #5574
Tech Elite
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,002
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

How many of you fill up your gear differentials up to 100%?
I personally do and the differential works beautifully, no leaks, nothing.

What is the reasoning behind filling it up only to 70%?
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel for 1/12th scale and 1/10th Touring maintenance tips!
YouTube Search https://www.youtube.com/c/EdwardPickering?gvnc=1
                 VBC 12M - D08 - FX
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #5575
Tech Regular
 
NuttsnBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
How many of you fill up your gear differentials up to 100%?
I personally do and the differential works beautifully, no leaks, nothing.

What is the reasoning behind filling it up only to 70%?
I'm guessing pressurisation within the diff and on the o rings. Plus, if you fill to 70/80% the large gear will take up that last portion of free space. So filling up to 100 will only be wasting oil by forcing it out during assembly.
__________________
= Castle Hill Raceway =
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NuttsnBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #5576
Tech Elite
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,002
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttsnBolts View Post
I'm guessing pressurisation within the diff and on the o rings. Plus, if you fill to 70/80% the large gear will take up that last portion of free space. So filling up to 100 will only be wasting oil by forcing it out during assembly.
True. Good to know

I'll fill the differential up to the very edge with oil. Then I'll leave two of the four screws out to allow for excess oil to bleed out. Once I feel most of the oil has been removed, I then add the remaining two screws. Then back all four screws out and tighten them down uniformly.
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel for 1/12th scale and 1/10th Touring maintenance tips!
YouTube Search https://www.youtube.com/c/EdwardPickering?gvnc=1
                 VBC 12M - D08 - FX
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:51 PM   #5577
Tech Apprentice
 
XSLR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 99
Default

Well it looks like Umino takes Diff filling a little more seriously...Lol
Attached Thumbnails
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-image.jpg  
__________________
VBC Racing Australia.....FUTABA AUSTRALIA.....Volante tires.....WTF Fans.....R.A.B Hobbies....President www.serccc.com.au
XSLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:52 AM   #5578
Tech Addict
 
G4ZZ4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia, VIC
Posts: 560
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSLR8 View Post
Well it looks like Umino takes Diff filling a little more seriously...Lol
Is that in gram? And how much

Thanks in advance
G4ZZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:52 AM   #5579
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,349
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

what really matters is you fill it consistently time after time... you can't measure exactly how much there will be in anyway unless you COMPLETELY clean it up before each refill ,which is unrealistic. So just measure the total diff weight

(that's the way I do it, at least...)
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:34 AM   #5580
Tech Apprentice
 
XSLR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4ZZ4 View Post
Is that in gram? And how much

Thanks in advance
LOL... you should know, that's Scotty's car he's working on @ TITC
__________________
VBC Racing Australia.....FUTABA AUSTRALIA.....Volante tires.....WTF Fans.....R.A.B Hobbies....President www.serccc.com.au
XSLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 02:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 03:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 12:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
(0000000000)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net