Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by retro_ryan
motor mount screws i overtightened to try to stop the motor moving, indoors carpet probably. All 64dp , i ran a bd5 for a couple of years all be it at 17.5t with no problems.
But i've stripped 4 spurs now and i've had enough!
Drivetrain is free, i will get some pictures when i get another panaracer spur as i don't have any flat headed screws for my other spurs.

Why do you think the motor would move?

And if you're sure it does, why does it move? I mean I have seen cars in some really horrific crashes and the motor hasn't moved a hair.

One comment here. Most of the kits I've seen don't really come with screws for the motor, but I have seen some short screws used. That means you're not using the entire depth of the motor screw hole to hold it. I use the longest screw that I can without touching on motor's innards. To find out how long a screw you can use, try a very long screw and wind it in until the rotor can't spin or you feel the screw bottoming out. Measure how deep it went and how thick the motor bulkhead is and that's the length you can safely use. Keep in mind, if you go by the screw length given in books, they sometimes include the head height. You need to measure the threaded shank starting from under the head. I also use split washers under the motor screws, so if you want to do that, you can add another 1mm screw length. Never had a motor move, no matter what. You don't even have to do it up like you're trying to keep ze germans out.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by retro_ryan
motor mount screws i overtightened to try to stop the motor moving, indoors carpet probably. All 64dp , i ran a bd5 for a couple of years all be it at 17.5t with no problems.
But i've stripped 4 spurs now and i've had enough!
Drivetrain is free, i will get some pictures when i get another panaracer spur as i don't have any flat headed screws for my other spurs.
1. Did you check the cams front and rear and make sure the settings are symmetrical each side? Belts should roll super smooth.

2. Check the center pulley and make sure it's on the correct side. Look over the manual and make sure it isn't flipped.

3. Spur must be snugged and shouldn't wiggle side to side.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DamianW
105/41 is about 5.1:1 which is over geared. 90 spur will make maters worse fdr around 4:1 and is perfect for blinky gearing.

I suggest you try a smaller pinion and larger spur to bring the fdr to 6.5:1.
Thank you Damian I will try it the next weekend!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, been wondering how big of a Mah battery would fit in the car without causing issues?
cheers
Old 01-26-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JellyBeans999
Hey guys, been wondering how big of a Mah battery would fit in the car without causing issues?
cheers
I believe large 2s cases do not vary in size by much
7500mah is more than enough

many drivers choose around 6000mah
Old 01-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here are some videos I've made recently.

I hope they are some use to you. If you have any video requests, I am more than happy to do them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWqKepJtpig
(Lipo Balance Structure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFvkeD8ZLNQ
(Chassis Balance Using Electronics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYVcEPO3FME
(Various Methods of Measuring Chassis Droop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBs2O2q1iWc
(Shock Building Tips)

Videos I will be making soon will be covering topics such as; setting ride height, tweaking your suspension using a balance beam and digital scales.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default upgrades???

How upgradableis the bd7 rs....does all the parts from the 14 an 15 transfer over to the rs??? i just want to upgrade some things??? Thanks
Old 01-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbank66
How upgradableis the bd7 rs....does all the parts from the 14 an 15 transfer over to the rs??? i just want to upgrade some things??? Thanks
i have both a rs and a 2015 black. to be honest if your thinking about it you will be money ahead to just get the full option kit to start! that being said i use the standard rs kit for a USGT car and it works awesome for that class!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

question. ive been looking at a lot of the factory driver setup sheets. and a lot of them say they are running 10 front droop and 8.5 rear... how? the arms would be in the air! or is there a different style guage that im missing?

also did they ever release the world GT car i had seen photos of?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by onroad dude
question. ive been looking at a lot of the factory driver setup sheets. and a lot of them say they are running 10 front droop and 8.5 rear... how? the arms would be in the air! or is there a different style guage that im missing?

also did they ever release the world GT car i had seen photos of?
I believe they measure with the chassis flat on the pitboard and they measure the distance from the pin of the arm to the surface of the pitboard. Hope this helps!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The measurement is measured at the pin. You"ll have to use a ruler to get those readings. You can just watch the video which covers this measuring method and many others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYVcEPO3FME
Old 01-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Dear anyone run BD7:

I want to know if someone have problems with rollbar stoppers, in fact i cannot tight the stopper on rollbar.

Best regards
Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have both a rs and a 2015 black. to be honest if your thinking about it you will be money ahead to just get the full option kit to start! that being said i use the standard rs kit for a USGT car and it works awesome for that class!
Thats great...im running the car in usgt class...we r running on asphalt at medium grip...do u have a setup for the rs??
Old 01-28-2015, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Dear anyone run BD7:

I want to know if someone have problems with rollbar stoppers, in fact i cannot tight the stopper on rollbar.

Best regards
I had the same feeling when I built mine... the stopper is much less "tight" really than you'd think. Just gently tighten the setscrew so it "touches" the rollbar, you need no more than this. Because there isn't much stuff to tread it on, you certainly don't want to tighten the small setscrew (M3x3 iirc) more than barely finger tight otherwise you strip the thread! there is no side load on the rollbar anyway so no need to do more.

Get a feel for "how tight is tight" by assembling the stopper on the rollbar outside of the car to start with - ie not mounted on the blocks. Much easier to understand it after

Hope this helps

Paul
Old 01-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigbank66
Thats great...im running the car in usgt class...we r running on asphalt at medium grip...do u have a setup for the rs??
i run on carpet. but i could fill out a sheet for you and post it up if you would like!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.