R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #5326
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBeans999 View Post
yea definitely I don't know why yours doesn't but its maybe cause I bought mine in Japan and it comes with a floating mount
I bought it from RCmart. No free floating servo mount and aluminium servo horn.
jimmylim85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #5327
Tech Adept
 
AL1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aruba
Posts: 115
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Post .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylim85 View Post
I bought it from RCmart. No free floating servo mount and aluminium servo horn.
+1
__________________
Yokomo BD7'14, Muchmore Fleta Euro, Muchmore Fleta ZX, Thunder Power!!!
AL1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #5328
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Smile

1

Last edited by nick1; 01-19-2015 at 05:14 PM.
nick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #5329
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,345
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroad dude View Post
3rd weekend on this car and in continues to impress me every run!
I took over a year off racing on-road so I can focus more in off-road but since I got back racing on-road few months ago I went back to my old stumping ground and picked up a YOKOMO BD7 14' and the first time it hit the track I never looked back and the car continue to be faster every weekend it just blows me away so I picked another car the BD7 2015. Won the fall series race last year on very competitive 17.5 stock class. We started our winter series few weeks ago so far YOKOMO is still untouchable the last 2 races. Took TQ on both stock and Modified and won the first 2 rounds of our winter series.
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:06 PM   #5330
Tech Adept
 
policeman0077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 113
Default

http://www.rcmart.com/speed-passion-...o-p-35139.html



anyone has mounted this body on a bd7 for USGT racing?
__________________
多情自古伤离别。更那堪、冷落清秋节。
policeman0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:11 PM   #5331
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Posts: 1,918
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I took over a year off racing on-road so I can focus more in off-road but since I got back racing on-road few months ago I went back to my old stumping ground and picked up a YOKOMO BD7 14' and the first time it hit the track I never looked back and the car continue to be faster every weekend it just blows me away so I picked another car the BD7 2015. Won the fall series race last year on very competitive 17.5 stock class. We started our winter series few weeks ago so far YOKOMO is still untouchable the last 2 races. Took TQ on both stock and Modified and won the first 2 rounds of our winter series.
My brain hurts.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #5332
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: MN
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

does anybody know where i can buy this fan mount? all i seem to find is a reviews of it but none for sale....



http://www.rcnews.net/2014/11/18/mar...ing-fan-mount/
__________________
TEAM GENESIS R/C, Roche P12 2016, PAINT BY MIKEY
onroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #5333
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

http://www.minizracing.it/minizshop/...jlfm0hf06f6i15
Quote:
Originally Posted by onroad dude View Post
does anybody know where i can buy this fan mount? all i seem to find is a reviews of it but none for sale....



http://www.rcnews.net/2014/11/18/mar...ing-fan-mount/
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #5334
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,269
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I took over a year off racing on-road so I can focus more in off-road but since I got back racing on-road few months ago I went back to my old stumping ground and picked up a YOKOMO BD7 14' and the first time it hit the track I never looked back and the car continue to be faster every weekend it just blows me away so I picked another car the BD7 2015. Won the fall series race last year on very competitive 17.5 stock class. We started our winter series few weeks ago so far YOKOMO is still untouchable the last 2 races. Took TQ on both stock and Modified and won the first 2 rounds of our winter series.
I assume you had to buy a bigger helmet too...
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:58 AM   #5335
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,269
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I have a couple of practices sessions under my belt with the '15 now... First thing I can say is that the car really is focused on the front-end. Coming from an xray T4'14 (and being older every day...) it's quite a shock and it takes a while to get accustomed to. It forces you to drive smoother, and I'm still getting used to not clipping corners as there is more turn-in that I can handle for now.

The ONE thing I don't like about it is how the car feels like tweaked after you've hit something. The T4 doesn't move a micron when you hit a board/pipe (which I do more often than I'd like), it still tracks straight. The Bd7 is less forgiving in that area. Hit something, and it's back to the pits to unscrew, flatten, rescrew. I also seems the servo holder is able to move on the chassis a bit, forcing you to retrim more often than needed.

Other than that I'm still learning the car. No diff leaks so far, just one shock leaking but it might be my fault as I think I screwed the cap askew once and now the bladder isn't sealin in properly any more.

The car has potential for sure, but it isn't for the faint-fingered, which I might be part of!

Paul
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:29 AM   #5336
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hit something, and it's back to the pits to unscrew, flatten, rescrew. I also seems the servo holder is able to move on the chassis a bit, forcing you to retrim more often than needed.


Paul
Take a look at the turnbuckle coming off your servo to the steering rack. You can strip those little ball stud caps and it will lengthen or shorten that turnbuckle throwing off your steering trim. It then gets more fragile and easier to make it shift on future hits.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #5337
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,269
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXPro4 View Post
Take a look at the turnbuckle coming off your servo to the steering rack. You can strip those little ball stud caps and it will lengthen or shorten that turnbuckle throwing off your steering trim. It then gets more fragile and easier to make it shift on future hits.
Good call - will watch these closely and use nuts on the 'buckle thread to monitor if this moves at all. Thank you.
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #5338
reg
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
I have a couple of practices sessions under my belt with the '15 now... First thing I can say is that the car really is focused on the front-end. Coming from an xray T4'14 (and being older every day...) it's quite a shock and it takes a while to get accustomed to. It forces you to drive smoother, and I'm still getting used to not clipping corners as there is more turn-in that I can handle for now.

The ONE thing I don't like about it is how the car feels like tweaked after you've hit something. The T4 doesn't move a micron when you hit a board/pipe (which I do more often than I'd like), it still tracks straight. The Bd7 is less forgiving in that area. Hit something, and it's back to the pits to unscrew, flatten, rescrew. I also seems the servo holder is able to move on the chassis a bit, forcing you to retrim more often than needed.

Other than that I'm still learning the car. No diff leaks so far, just one shock leaking but it might be my fault as I think I screwed the cap askew once and now the bladder isn't sealin in properly any more.

The car has potential for sure, but it isn't for the faint-fingered, which I might be part of!

Paul
With regards to tweak,have you tried replacing the front top deck screw with a grub screw,worth giving it a try as it cost nothing 👍
reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #5339
Tech Regular
 
DaveVera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
I have a couple of practices sessions under my belt with the '15 now... First thing I can say is that the car really is focused on the front-end. Coming from an xray T4'14 (and being older every day...) it's quite a shock and it takes a while to get accustomed to. It forces you to drive smoother, and I'm still getting used to not clipping corners as there is more turn-in that I can handle for now.

The ONE thing I don't like about it is how the car feels like tweaked after you've hit something. The T4 doesn't move a micron when you hit a board/pipe (which I do more often than I'd like), it still tracks straight. The Bd7 is less forgiving in that area. Hit something, and it's back to the pits to unscrew, flatten, rescrew. I also seems the servo holder is able to move on the chassis a bit, forcing you to retrim more often than needed.

Other than that I'm still learning the car. No diff leaks so far, just one shock leaking but it might be my fault as I think I screwed the cap askew once and now the bladder isn't sealin in properly any more.

The car has potential for sure, but it isn't for the faint-fingered, which I might be part of!

Paul
To eliminate the trim issue, use a 2mm shim on the bottom of the servo mount where the open area is. This will keep it from moving
__________________
Motiv, Gravity RC, Discharge RC, Joe Conte Racing ,Blast RC Paint, Sanwa, #~MASAMI~ . ROAR#27050
DaveVera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #5340
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylim85 View Post
I bought it from RCmart. No free floating servo mount and aluminium servo horn.
$427 w/servo mount !
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=17219
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
vasekg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0