R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #5026
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 321
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default parts for sale

Sold
Attached Thumbnails
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-img_201411231322.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-img_2014112312233.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-img_2014112319853.jpg  

Last edited by Donny Banks; 11-26-2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: lower price
Donny Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #5027
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 321
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default nice 2015 yokomo for sale

Yokomo BD7 2015 Black edition loaded
Donny Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #5028
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,726
Default

Dear anyone

Could tell me if really need to buy FMC kit and 1mm longer bellcrank?

Best regards
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #5029
Tech Fanatic
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 916
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Dear anyone

Could tell me if really need to buy FMC kit and 1mm longer bellcrank?

Best regards
Depends if your racing stock class and type of track. I'm still testing a Fmc kit on one of my 15 on a technical carpet track and will be racing again wed and I'll report back. I posted earlier that it helped with rotation and gave me a tad more steering. Bell crank to me isn't necessary when you can shim the ball stud 1mm.
__________________
Soap

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #5030
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
Depends if your racing stock class and type of track. I'm still testing a Fmc kit on one of my 15 on a technical carpet track and will be racing again wed and I'll report back. I posted earlier that it helped with rotation and gave me a tad more steering. Bell crank to me isn't necessary when you can shim the ball stud 1mm.
In fact i race 13.5 non boost class
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #5031
Tech Regular
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Dear anyone

Could tell me if really need to buy FMC kit and 1mm longer bellcrank?

Best regards
I'm running it car rotates better and has slightly better steering center off to me
__________________
mi4 ,mi5
jdm19turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #5032
Tech Adept
 
AL1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aruba
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi,
What do you guys do to make BD7'15 diff ultra smooth? I built mine with DOT2=800 oil but a friends Xray diff with 1000 oil feels way smoother. I sanded all the gears also reamed the holes (Yannic's advice) of the smaller gears but still doesn't feel smooth or is this normal?

Thx for replying!
__________________
Yokomo BD7'14, Muchmore Fleta Euro, Muchmore Fleta ZX, Thunder Power!!!
AL1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #5033
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 321
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post
Hi,
What do you guys do to make BD7'15 diff ultra smooth? I built mine with DOT2=800 oil but a friends Xray diff with 1000 oil feels way smoother. I sanded all the gears also reamed the holes (Yannic's advice) of the smaller gears but still doesn't feel smooth or is this normal?

Thx for replying!
Let it break in. Gears need to mate
Donny Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #5034
Tech Regular
 
fatchickterian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
Depends if your racing stock class and type of track. I'm still testing a Fmc kit on one of my 15 on a technical carpet track and will be racing again wed and I'll report back. I posted earlier that it helped with rotation and gave me a tad more steering. Bell crank to me isn't necessary when you can shim the ball stud 1mm.
Hi guys,
Just a note to the Bell crank, shimming the ball stud will change the Ackermann (e.g. 1mm will increase outter steering angle but decrease inner steering angle at full lock).
Where the 1mm longer Bell crank will increase both inner and outter steering angle at full lock.
They are two different options to apply on different situations thanks!
fatchickterian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #5035
Tech Fanatic
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 916
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchickterian View Post
Hi guys,
Just a note to the Bell crank, shimming the ball stud will change the Ackermann (e.g. 1mm will increase outter steering angle but decrease inner steering angle at full lock).
Where the 1mm longer Bell crank will increase both inner and outter steering angle at full lock.
They are two different options to apply on different situations thanks!
I stand corrected, thank you.
__________________
Soap

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #5036
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 321
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Banks View Post
Here are the parts. I lot to type out so I just have pictures. There is about $200 of new in package stuff and probably a little more than 200 in open spares. Asking 120 shipped priority for all of it.
I lowered the price. this is a great deal
Donny Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #5037
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post
Hi,
What do you guys do to make BD7'15 diff ultra smooth? I built mine with DOT2=800 oil but a friends Xray diff with 1000 oil feels way smoother. I sanded all the gears also reamed the holes (Yannic's advice) of the smaller gears but still doesn't feel smooth or is this normal?

Thx for replying!
Did you change out the red o-rings that now come with the 15 diff, they are too big and bind the diff up?
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #5038
Tech Adept
 
AL1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aruba
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Post Diff o-rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
Did you change out the red o-rings that now come with the 15 diff, they are too big and bind the diff up?
No man, still have the red ones. Will order the black ones, thx for advice.
__________________
Yokomo BD7'14, Muchmore Fleta Euro, Muchmore Fleta ZX, Thunder Power!!!
AL1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #5039
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post
No man, still have the red ones. Will order the black ones, thx for advice.
No problem, they make a big difference, you want BD-500G0B. They should come with them in my opinion, would like to know why they don't, and instead come with o-rings that don't fit properly, be nice to get feedback off yokomo on that one
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #5040
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Kyosho P5 Orings are a very good fit in both my gear diffs.

Very smooth and free.

The diff gears do need a little time to break in and become silky smooth.
DamianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0