R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #4786
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Hi,

I notice Yokomo do a cheaper kit BD07 RS! Wonder if anyone has tried one ?

Cheers
It's, umm, very plastic.

Quite a few of the parts are not up to race standard. The front spool comes to mind, I've seen those break under very mild impact situations.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #4787
Tech Master
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,471
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpod View Post
Red orings?

The ones I have seen were orange.
ok they were an orange shade of red

all but finished, just waiting for a delivery so I can build the shocks (awaiting Ti shafts)

looking forward to giving it a run tomorrow either way
Attached Thumbnails
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-20141023_070718.jpg  
__________________
UnRetired
evochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #4788
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Still rocking the BD7 13"
Awesome car
+1

As the saying goes - Race on Sunday, sell on Monday.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #4789
Tech Addict
 
mick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Had my first run with the new car last night. Seems very planted but struggles a little to turn in for the slow tight corners.
I feel a lot more comfortable with this thing staight out of the box vs my T4'14.
Need to get myself some soft springs.
__________________
Yokomo BD7'2015 Bmax2MR Factory Edition
Tamiya M05
Bezerk RC Chassis, Hobbywing, Futaba
**BRCCC www.brccc.org**
mick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #4790
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 343
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evochick View Post
Still needed the gears sanded to be smooth. I have started with 2k and feels a little stiffer then the old 2k diff but not much, ill see how it feels after being run in on Friday . I also replaced the kit red seals with the 500gob seals.
From what I'm reading it sounds like the standard red/orange o-rings are too big, like with the old diff as they protruded quite a bit making the diff really tight. Can't believe they can't sort out their gear diff
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #4791
Tech Master
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,471
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Why they don't ship with the 500gob seals ?? I don't know
Hopefully It wont leak with those installed.....
__________________
UnRetired
evochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #4792
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evochick View Post
ok they were an orange shade of red
Red and orange orings are different materials. I had a few nitro mugen cars which use red orings in diff and shocks.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #4793
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evochick View Post
Why they don't ship with the 500gob seals ?? I don't know
Hopefully It wont leak with those installed.....
The orange P5 orings are better IMO, the kyosho P5 orings I put in my diff are still perfectly smooth without leaking after 9 or so months of use.

The 500gob orings swelled and went very hard in my car creating bind after a few weeks.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #4794
Les
Tech Addict
 
Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 620
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Plastics

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post
It's, umm, very plastic.

Quite a few of the parts are not up to race standard. The front spool comes to mind, I've seen those break under very mild impact situations.
Ok thanks for your input.
Cheers
__________________
Serpent S411 4.0 13.5T D4
Kyosho V-ONE S3, RB Rota-Start
Sanwa MT4S
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #4795
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
From what I'm reading it sounds like the standard red/orange o-rings are too big, like with the old diff as they protruded quite a bit making the diff really tight. Can't believe they can't sort out their gear diff
There is certainly variation in the diff casings. There is visual and measurable differences in the oring recess in the 3 diffs I have.

One casing was beyond use and the other 2 were fine.

The P5 orings are the lowest friction with decent seal I have tried. The original orings are a tight fit on the outdrive shafts but don't fit the recess. They leak like a sieve, not to mention went hard and created bind.

The 500gob orings were slightly larger than the originals appeared to be the same size as the used P5 orings I swapped them with but as per my previous post swelled went hard and created bind.

I agree great car in many aspects but the variation in the diff and crap orings are a big let down.

On the upside once leaking and binding is sorted the gear diff is silky smooth.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #4796
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Hi,

I notice Yokomo do a cheaper kit BD07 RS! Wonder if anyone has tried one ?

Cheers
Yep. Good value for money (hard to beat by anything else).

The front spool is a joke, but you can get the alloy one if you want, plus DCJ shafts (you can use the Tamiya ones if you think they're better) and other bits and bobs and you're still miles ahead of the price for a full blown kit (price confirmed in Aus it's going to be 650AU$ which is extortionate).

Upgrade kits might come on the market too, there were about 4 versions for the '14, so you can get whatever you think you need according to your needs.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #4797
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Yep. Good value for money (hard to beat by anything else).

The front spool is a joke, but you can get the alloy one if you want, plus DCJ shafts (you can use the Tamiya ones if you think they're better) and other bits and bobs and you're still miles ahead of the price for a full blown kit (price confirmed in Aus it's going to be 650AU$ which is extortionate).

Upgrade kits might come on the market too, there were about 4 versions for the '14, so you can get whatever you think you need according to your needs.
Locally the BD7 2014 blue was about $480, black $520.

BD7 2015 only place I know that has one is $600 which I can only hope will quickly come down in price to something more reasonable. Same place as the T4 15 for $529...
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:45 PM   #4798
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpod
There is certainly variation in the diff casings. There is visual and measurable differences in the oring recess in the 3 diffs I have.

One casing was beyond use and the other 2 were fine.

The P5 orings are the lowest friction with decent seal I have tried. The original orings are a tight fit on the outdrive shafts but don't fit the recess. They leak like a sieve, not to mention went hard and created bind.

The 500gob orings were slightly larger than the originals appeared to be the same size as the used P5 orings I swapped them with but as per my previous post swelled went hard and created bind.

I agree great car in many aspects but the variation in the diff and crap orings are a big let down.

On the upside once leaking and binding is sorted the gear diff is silky smooth.
I'm pretty sure GOB and P5 are the exact same oring, TRF also resell them. Like you I've had inconsistent results across the board with orings and cases and my new (2015) diff was no better. Very frustrating.

You can find the new car locally for ~$550
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #4799
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
I'm pretty sure GOB and P5 are the exact same oring, TRF also resell them. Like you I've had inconsistent results across the board with orings and cases and my new (2015) diff was no better. Very frustrating.

You can find the new car locally for ~$550
Hi Craig,

The 500GOB oring that arrived was black in colour and appeared to be neoprene. Whilst the 500GOB appear to be the same dimensions as the kyosho P5 oring it was not the same material. Worked fine at first but didn't last.

Kyosho P5s are orange in colour and I have not yet seen one effected by diff oil.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:27 AM   #4800
Tech Adept
 
AllyITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 126
Default

hi, i didn't want to open a new thread so i'll ask here.
i'm thinking of buying an used BD7 2014 (lots of people switching to the new one so i can find it at reasonable price), i'm completely new to on-road and no experience whatsoever with touring cars, i usually race nitro 8th scale buggys.

i'll be driving it on an 8th scale asphalt track (no carpet tracks nearby) with no real intention of racing, just practice laps.

1) i'm thinking of using (for now) the electronics of my 2wd buggy:
tekin rs pro + tekin 7.5 motor
is it ok? what pinion should i use? do i need a fan to cool the motor?

2) can a standard servo be fitted insted of a low profile?

3)what spares should i have?
belts, arms, c-hubs?

4)do i need tire additive?

5)is double sided tape enough to hold the esc? (in the buggy it always detaches itself with the heat)

thanks for the answers!
english is not my first lenguage, sorry for any mistakes
AllyITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0