Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

I did something similar by buying a BD7RS and upgrading it to a 2014. Total cost under the price of a kit, with everything (including bulkheads, damper stays, dampers, motor mount, etc).
Old 09-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by niznai
I did something similar by buying a BD7RS and upgrading it to a 2014. Total cost under the price of a kit, with everything (including bulkheads, damper stays, dampers, motor mount, etc).
Sure?
hmm.. also arms etc. in graphite? thats new included in the 2015....

And there are some other parts you may need but isnt included in RS or 2015 like:

Rubber Hyper Diaphragm
High Grade O-Ring
P3 O Ring Coller (Thin)
Double Joint Drive Shafts
SLF short shocks
Old 09-30-2014, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This is my take on the 2015:
New diff case to fix the leaking diff, roll bar stopper w cosmetic change, x braces to help with flexi bulkheads on the 2 mm narrower chassis. New motor mount that don't break.
New lighter front spool, optimized shock angle on shock towers and the ability to move motor mount forward on the new chassis.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by H4gI
Sure?
hmm.. also arms etc. in graphite? thats new included in the 2015....

And there are some other parts you may need but isnt included in RS or 2015 like:

Rubber Hyper Diaphragm
High Grade O-Ring
P3 O Ring Coller (Thin)
Double Joint Drive Shafts
SLF short shocks
The plastic arms work fine (on my track they're actually the arm used by all Yok drivers), and you're buying those as spares anyway, so you can get whatever you like.

Same for C-hubs, etc.

Everything else (that doesn't come in the full blown kit) you would have to buy even if you get the kit, so where's the gain?

Yokomo got it wrong by not including the DCJ driveshafts in the kit. That's another 50$ to spend if you buy their kit which basically means you spend above the cost of an Xray/Tamiya kit to bring the BD7 on par. Plus DCJ compatible C-hubs (not that the kit ones can't be used).

And if you want another gear diff (for the front) you have another 50$ to spend.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yokomo got it wrong by not including the DCJ driveshafts in the kit. That's another 50$ to spend if you buy their kit which basically means you spend above the cost of an Xray/Tamiya kit to bring the BD7 on par. Plus DCJ compatible C-hubs (not that the kit ones can't be used).
The Xray T4 2015 does not have DCJ drive shafts in the kit either, the Tamiya TRF419 does. I don't understand why top of the range touring cars don't come with them as standard in the front of the car. After experiencing the smoothness, I don't think I can go back to normal CVD's anymore
Old 09-30-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

The plastic arms work fine (on my track they're actually the arm used by all Yok drivers), and you're buying those as spares anyway, so you can get whatever you like.

Same for C-hubs, etc.

Everything else (that doesn't come in the full blown kit) you would have to buy even if you get the kit, so where's the gain?

And if you want another gear diff (for the front) you have another 50$ to spend.
Intressting..... i've never heard that before! So you're lucky guys enjoy racing!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Went ahead and pre ordered one from mibosport.

The new 2015 seems to come with aluminum front axles now. I ran standard and and DCJ on the 2014 and didn't notice that huge of a difference in times but car is smoother on power out of the apex.

The TRF kits comes with everything, tamiya doesn't nickle and dime you as bad as other brands Dcj, carbon bumper, floating servo, aluminum rear axle, ti coated shock shaft, 418 came with extra spares, great car on carpet.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I also don't get that we don't get (crucial) updates proven to be absolutely needed OOB this time either. Like DCJ's up front, or alu rears. The floating servo mount? Is it still an option with the '15? And why not gear diffs for both front and rear? A front gear diff can be made almost spool solid w/o the tear and ripping effect of the solid spool.

I guess the make the big bucks from the options and the spare parts. Nevertheless, I'm sticking with Yokomo, and I'll probably stick with my '13.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seriously, there is no floating servo mount! How is the servo attached then, in the photo, the outer side of the servo has the ears removed. I feel better that I'm getting the Tamiya now hahaha
Old 09-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09
Seriously, there is no floating servo mount! How is the servo attached then, in the photo, the outer side of the servo has the ears removed. I feel better that I'm getting the Tamiya now hahaha
In the instructions for the '14 it has you use a plastic mount on the inside only and servo tape.

Looks like the floating mount is still an option.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My pre order includes the Roche DCJ's. Are they any good?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Given that you guys are in the US where I hear spec classes are the majority, you might want to run Tamiya DCJ which I can confirm fit the BD7. Mine is running them because I also changed to the Tamiya 37 pulleys to reduce the internal ratio (spec class bliny 13.5). I used the Tamiya spool shaft as well simply because I had one.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I've heard the Roche DCJ's work just fine. I've been using the Old style Yok DCJ's with no issue.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old style yok dcj, new style yok dcj works fine. On my 14 I settled with the spec r p8 version, been really good for awhile now.

I didn't catch to see if the 15 was running short or standard slf shocks, can anyone confirm?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I've been using them for a while now, definitely seem to be the strongest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.