R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2014, 04:22 AM   #4336
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter. View Post
using you to him on asphalt or indoor
I'm using it on an asphalt track, it's indoor n its a technical track.
fatchickterian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:04 AM   #4337
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Xenon gears fit well too. Both the Perfect and VSS gears sets.
I want to correct myself. The Xenon Perfect spurs are 3mm at center. It's the Xenon VSS TC spurs that work. I prefer these over the Panaracer spurs.

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 AM   #4338
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stro3579 View Post
There has to be more spurs that fit this car besides panaracer
xray and serpent spur fit very well...
Old 07-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #4339
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Leespeed spurs fit the entire line of Yokomo cars as well and all are in stock here in the US. I just received a large order in this week.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #4340
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Leespeed spurs fit the entire line of Yokomo cars as well and all are in stock here in the US. I just received a large order in this week.

EA
Thanks EA, sending you a pm now.
stro3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #4341
Tech Elite

All spurs fit and if you change to Team Durango centre pulleys it's even easier (you don't have to use screws, but you have to have cross holes-easy to drill). To compensate for the extra width of some pulleys you can change the shims.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #4342
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
All spurs fit and if you change to Team Durango centre pulleys it's even easier (you don't have to use screws, but you have to have cross holes-easy to drill). To compensate for the extra width of some pulleys you can change the shims.
Don't quite understand. Can you post pictures
stro3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #4343
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yokomo just released 2 new Black editions. One with aluminum chassis and short shocks+ option parts, and the other a JMRCA/ETS limited edition with all option parts.
links to pdf: http://www.teamyokomo.com/news/news.html

translation

In BD7-2014 BLACK SERIES that caused a whirlwind in the big event around the world, and run through the corner overwhelming turning speed, and targeting JMRCA Japan Championship open class race to be held in Beetops in Hyogo Prefecture in 2014 the end of August, chassis kit of pure racing is now on sale. In addition to lightweight titanium turnbuckles and graphite body mount support, such as aluminum universal bone, as a standard feature special servo mount, titanium-coated main shaft gear, such as Super Precision Bearing Set, optional parts with high accuracy. Step to better compete immediately possible, performance starts here also high-end race if this package!

Aluminum chassis
Focused on JMRCA Japan Championship sport class to be held in Yatabe Arena in September 2014, Umino Kojiro is the chief mechanic of the team Yokomo carefully selected the optional parts, to maximize the combat power of carpet road surface with high grip chassis kit of specifications that will be on sale. The aluminum main chassis of black anodized aluminum that combines the height of the movement performance and low center of gravity, as standard short shock that allows for quick cornering. Was added to the optional parts with high precision graphite body mount support to promote lightweight, titanium turnbuckles, and aluminum Universal bone, special servo mount, Super Precision Bearing Other Other, overwhelming turn of the race track I will lead the implementation speed, and to good results!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #4344
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge T View Post
Yokomo just released 2 new Black editions. One with aluminum chassis and short shocks+ option parts, and the other a JMRCA/ETS limited edition with all option parts.

translation

In BD7-2014 BLACK SERIES that caused a whirlwind in the big event around the world, and run through the corner overwhelming turning speed, and targeting JMRCA Japan Championship open class race to be held in Beetops in Hyogo Prefecture in 2014 the end of August, chassis kit of pure racing is now on sale. In addition to lightweight titanium turnbuckles and graphite body mount support, such as aluminum universal bone, as a standard feature special servo mount, titanium-coated main shaft gear, such as Super Precision Bearing Set, optional parts with high accuracy. Step to better compete immediately possible, performance starts here also high-end race if this package!

Aluminum chassis
Focused on JMRCA Japan Championship sport class to be held in Yatabe Arena in September 2014, Umino Kojiro is the chief mechanic of the team Yokomo carefully selected the optional parts, to maximize the combat power of carpet road surface with high grip chassis kit of specifications that will be on sale. The aluminum main chassis of black anodized aluminum that combines the height of the movement performance and low center of gravity, as standard short shock that allows for quick cornering. Was added to the optional parts with high precision graphite body mount support to promote lightweight, titanium turnbuckles, and aluminum Universal bone, special servo mount, Super Precision Bearing Other Other, overwhelming turn of the race track I will lead the implementation speed, and to good results!
$750.00 ish
oooh

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #4345
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stro3579 View Post
Don't quite understand. Can you post pictures

I don't like the aluminium pulleys (they wear quicker than good quality plastic) so I replaced mine with the plastic center pulley. The problem was that the Yokomo part was crap and running really wobbly, perhaps a defective mold, or just my bad luck, but I thought I would try the Durango pulleys, and it turns out they're a better quality item. Not only that, but they use two prongs at 180 deg to catch the spur between them instead of the screws. That's why you need to make sure your spurs have 4 holes at 90 deg spacing. Easy enough to drill a couple of holes if you have a six hole spur. As far as the spur thickness goes, that's not a problem, you can compensate for it by shimming things to your liking.

Spur boss hole and pitch circle diameter of the screw holes are identical across all respectable brands of spurs, which basically makes your choice endless. No point paying premiums for this or the other.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #4346
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Race View Post
What pitch gearing is the most popular?
I run 48pitch
Is 64 better? If so Why?
I was told 48 is better. Depending on the track condition, small pebble/sand particle might get stuck in the 64 spur, ruining it and pinion as well.
25Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #4347
Tech Fanatic

Other then the basics (arms/hubs/knuckles) what other spare parts should be kept on hand? Been eying a switch to the BD7 for a while now and might take the plunge.
RobS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #4348
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Other then the basics (arms/hubs/knuckles) what other spare parts should be kept on hand? Been eying a switch to the BD7 for a while now and might take the plunge.
I'd add in SD-414s and the BD-414b, if you break a knuckle you'll probably lose of those. Other then that, diff blades, maybe hinge pins, and that's about it.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #4349
Tech Elite

64 pitch has smaller teeth hence a larger range of pinion/spur pairs fit in the available space. If you do your math correctly though, you can find the optimal spur for a given ratio range in either pitch option and have that in the car together with the required pinions on hand (I prefer it this way because I hate changing spurs).

Of course considerations of how feasible it is to run one versus the other depending on track cleanliness have their merit.

The BD7 can accommodate anything from the highest ratios of 21.5 blinky to the low ratios of mod.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #4350
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge T View Post

translation

Aluminum chassis
Is the alum chassis better than the carbon?
25Barker is offline   Reply With Quote