R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #3961
Tech Regular
 
fatchickterian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchickterian View Post
Would anyone be interested in plastic battery guides? they are made out of ABS plastic. Suits ferfect on my BD7 and 2014 and using a Thunder power 5300mAh battery:

I have a pair of each left, white and black
The white one is gone, only have the black one left![/QUOTE]

Sorry all gone!
But don't worry, I'll put some more up in the buy n sale page very soon!
Bye for now!
fatchickterian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #3962
Tech Regular
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Standard top deck. Same set up, however the set ups we were running were very unconventional.

Most Yokomo guys ended up running the 44.2 FF mount in the rear for very little rear toe in and 5000-10000 wt rear diff oil. This gave the best forward bite and overheated the tires less.
hey cristian i bought a specr gear diff from reflex racing and its binding up my drivetrain in my bd7 2014 have you ever seen this before? or could i have a defective gear diff housing ?
__________________
mi4 ,mi5
jdm19turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #3963
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,674
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I am not sure. Where is it binding? Is it too wide?
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #3964
Tech Regular
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I am not sure. Where is it binding? Is it too wide?
yes it appears to be on the belt side in the rear i compared it to the stock one and one side of the gear diff housing is wider by probably 1mm ,I'll take calipers and get a absolute reading to comfirm how much wider
__________________
mi4 ,mi5
jdm19turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #3965
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn View Post
yes it appears to be on the belt side in the rear i compared it to the stock one and one side of the gear diff housing is wider by probably 1mm ,I'll take calipers and get a absolute reading to comfirm how much wider
Yes, I've seen that happen on another car. It rubs on the chassis cut out. you can enlarge the cut out or switch back to the Yokomo gear diff...which I think is better IMO.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #3966
Tech Regular
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
Yes, I've seen that happen on another car. It rubs on the chassis cut out. you can enlarge the cut out or switch back to the Yokomo gear diff...which I think is better IMO.
you where correct i filed a 1/2 mm from the rear now theres no rubbing or binding in the drivetrain problem fixed the stock gear diff isn't as smooth as the spec r one is I've got 1000 cst in stock one that feels like 4k
__________________
mi4 ,mi5
jdm19turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #3967
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,487
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn View Post
you where correct i filed a 1/2 mm from the rear now theres no rubbing or binding in the drivetrain problem fixed the stock gear diff isn't as smooth as the spec r one is I've got 1000 cst in stock one that feels like 4k
I've also seen this happen when the belt adjuster cams are not set exactly the same between left and right sides causing the diff to sit at a slight angle. you may want to check those too
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #3968
Tech Regular
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
I've also seen this happen when the belt adjuster cams are not set exactly the same between left and right sides causing the diff to sit at a slight angle. you may want to check those too
yeah i have that was the first thing i checked when i had the problem It was the diff rubing the slot in the chasiss problem solved
__________________
mi4 ,mi5
jdm19turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #3969
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,487
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn View Post
yeah i have that was the first thing i checked when i had the problem It was the diff rubing the slot in the chasiss problem solved
now that i think about it. i had a spec R diff in the BD5 without any issues but the chassis cutout in the 7 was a lot smaller and i think i did have some running too.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #3970
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn View Post
yeah i have that was the first thing i checked when i had the problem It was the diff rubing the slot in the chasiss problem solved
Send me your diff. I'll rebuild it for you.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #3971
Tech Regular
 
Colbynobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Send me your diff. I'll rebuild it for you.
Speaking of diff rebuilds: I've made two attempts to order shims that'll allow me to use the Kyosho red o-rings that you all recommend. One set was too thick and not large enough to fit around the drive cups. The second set was the correct thickness (0.1mm), but still not large enough to fit around the drive cups. I think both sets were Spec-R parts. Can someone kindly share what part name and/or number they are successfully using? Maybe it's just that Yokomo rebuild kit that was posted a few weeks ago? If so, what part number was that again?
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #3972
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbynobo View Post
Speaking of diff rebuilds: I've made two attempts to order shims that'll allow me to use the Kyosho red o-rings that you all recommend. One set was too thick and not large enough to fit around the drive cups. The second set was the correct thickness (0.1mm), but still not large enough to fit around the drive cups. I think both sets were Spec-R parts. Can someone kindly share what part name and/or number they are successfully using? Maybe it's just that Yokomo rebuild kit that was posted a few weeks ago? If so, what part number was that again?
The shims I've referred to go inside the diff to replace the kit one. They are Tamiya diff shims. When I get home tonight I'll look for a part number.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #3973
Tech Regular
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Send me your diff. I'll rebuild it for you.
i did every thing but put the thinner diff shims in mine it has the stock ones in it with the kyosho o rings currently but send me a pm jimmy with your address and I'll send it to you to rebuild
__________________
mi4 ,mi5
jdm19turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #3974
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn View Post
i did every thing but put the thinner diff shims in mine it has the stock ones in it with the kyosho o rings currently but send me a pm jimmy with your address and I'll send it to you to rebuild
PM sent!

Now I'm looking for the shim part numbers for Colby...
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #3975
Tech Fanatic
 
Wattsup23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)
Default

Hey everyone,

I could use some quick help. Im looking at getting the BD7 and saw http://www.apexrcproshop.com. Is this a reputable company to buy from? Also it say it come with the special aluminum servo mount, is this the yokomo servo mount it comes with?

Also, anything else i would NEED when buying this car, DCJ's, HPI Silver ....?

I am running 17.5 so reading through the thread it seems i should be at around a 90t spur and a 50t pinion?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to make sure i have all my "i's" dotted and "T's" crossed.
__________________
Team Watts Racing
Wattsup23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0