Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7 >

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Old 03-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If grip is really low, it might actually be worth trying less camber.

-Mike
Old 03-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

I looked at your setup in RC CREW CHIEF. It's show's your setup is pushing bad from mid to exit corner.

A: I would look at increasing the camber gain for both front and rear.

1- Take out the 1 mm spacer out from the front inner link. You need more roll on the front

2- Raise the rear and upper suspension blocks by 0.5 mm. This will increase the camber gain both front and rear, if traction is low than more camber gain will help. The front will have 0.23 degree of camber gain and the rear will have 0.12 degrees. Originally, your camber gain settings were 0.8 F and 0.7 R.

B: Increase the rear camber by -2.0, the front looks good.

C:Run HPI Silver front and rear. Right now, your front ride stiffness is greater than the rear. I would suggest taking the front shock down to the same hole position as the rear and highly suggest changing the spring to HPI silver.

D: Lower your ride height a little bit, if you can 5.5 front and rear.

E: Add 20 grams of weight up at the front.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Setup for Sweeps on Medium Grip Carpet

Here is my current setup on Sweep tires also purchased on 3/7/14 from TQRC Raceway and used that same day. The batch of Sweep tires I used have the translucent white "natural stiff" wheels, I'm not sure if the rubber has changed since I don't use Sweeps too often. This setup is a work in progress and will get much better but it is still very easy to drive.

I want to stress that I am using a Tamiya servo saver, which is equivalent to using the short kit servo horn. A shorter horn makes a big difference in calming the steering down.
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-bd72014_sweep-practice.jpg  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Here is my current setup on Sweep tires also purchased on 3/7/14 from TQRC Raceway and used that same day. The batch of Sweep tires I used have the translucent white "natural stiff" wheels, I'm not sure if the rubber has changed since I don't use Sweeps too often. This setup is a work in progress and will get much better but it is still very easy to drive.

I want to stress that I am using a Tamiya servo saver, which is equivalent to using the short kit servo horn. A shorter horn makes a big difference in calming the steering down.
Thanks for the setup. I see that you goop your rear tires a lot longer. Are you doing full front sauce and are your front sideways superglued? That was the only way I have been able to calm those tires down.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Lastly, tire treatment. What are you using as an additive?
I didn't use additive yesterday, the track was to dirty.
Just heated to 50°C 10 minutes before.

Thanks for so much tips. I noticed all and will try it in the next days.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Have u guys tried to place both spool and diff in high position?
I find it gives the car at bit more roll in the corners, anyone who can confim this?
Old 03-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Had my first practice day on my new BD7 2014 yesterday and I must say the car is very nice... I do however need to find 4 deg caster blocks as my track is a very high grip tight carpet track...with unforgiving boards. Do any of you guys know of anywhere that has them in stock(and ship to US)???
Old 03-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Had my first practice day on my new BD7 2014 yesterday and I must say the car is very nice... I do however need to find 4 deg caster blocks as my track is a very high grip tight carpet track...with unforgiving boards. Do any of you guys know of anywhere that has them in stock(and ship to US)???
only amain hobbies has them in the US, unless someone else "grey markets" them
Old 03-12-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

anyone tried running a front diff with 2.5 million cst?
Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyba888
anyone tried running a front diff with 2.5 million cst?
I have. In most cases it makes the car easier to drive for me. It kind of smooths out the steering and makes it more constant. I also don't run them with blades. I use the steel outdrives. I just switched back to the spool for now. Can't decide which I like better.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Have you tried Banzai, ApexRC, ToniSport, or RCMart? I currently run the aluminum Arena ones from Rcmarket. But I do have regular plastic backups.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I have. In most cases it makes the car easier to drive for me. It kind of smooths out the steering and makes it more constant. I also don't run them with blades. I use the steel outdrives. I just switched back to the spool for now. Can't decide which I like better.
Was this on asphalt?
Old 03-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

ApexRC has them in stock, and have US Distribution

http://www.apexrcproshop.com/index.p...d=93&limit=100
Old 03-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyba888
Was this on asphalt?
Nope sorry. We haven't started racing outside yet. I'm going to start with a spool outdoors. If it's a small tight and technical track, then I'll try out my diff.

I wouldn't mind trying some of the Reflex stuff in my diff.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I prefer running Gravity RC 2.5 million cst over the spool on my tight twist asphalt track. I found the spool would launch the car hard out of the corners and cause the rear end to lose traction. After switching over to the 2.5 million, the car settled down and became consistent and easier to drive. Highly suggest it for outdoors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.