R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #3661
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Default

Hi

How does the 2014 feel compared to the standard bd7.thinking of getting upgrade kit. Also has anyone run the shorter shocks yet?

Marc
Marcva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #3662
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
This works well for our indoor track in the Philippines:

5.2F/5.2R mm ride height. Low Diff position, Ackerman 1mm, Bump Steer 0.5mm

Front
Spring Ride Red 3rd hole,
Camber link length - short
Inner Camber Link 0 mm spacer,
Camber -1.5,
Outer Camber link, 1 mm,
Droop 6.0
Front suspension blocks,FF 3.5 FR 3.5
Toe = out 0.5,
Sway bar 1.3

Rear

Spring Ride Red 2nd hole,
Camber link length - short
Inner Camber Link 0.5 mm spacer,
Camber -2,
Outer Camber link, 1 mm,
Droop 4.5 ,
Toe = 3 **RF 2.0, RR 6.4 ,
Sway bar 1.2

**plastic arms/graphite knuckles
*shock oil 400-500 using 1.1 (black) pistons
hi mikey,
looking forward to meet you next week at huge track....
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #3663
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
This works well for our indoor track in the Philippines:

5.2F/5.2R mm ride height. Low Diff position, Ackerman 1mm, Bump Steer 0.5mm

Front
Spring Ride Red 3rd hole,
Camber link length - short
Inner Camber Link 0 mm spacer,
Camber -1.5,
Outer Camber link, 1 mm,
Droop 6.0
Front suspension blocks,FF 3.5 FR 3.5
Toe = out 0.5,
Sway bar 1.3

Rear

Spring Ride Red 2nd hole,
Camber link length - short
Inner Camber Link 0.5 mm spacer,
Camber -2,
Outer Camber link, 1 mm,
Droop 4.5 ,
Toe = 3 **RF 2.0, RR 6.4 ,
Sway bar 1.2

**plastic arms/graphite knuckles
*shock oil 400-500 using 1.1 (black) pistons
Are you purposely use plastic arms to make the car less responsive or for some other reasons? And what is the tyre and tyre treatment for this setup? Thanks.
mystique13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #3664
Tech Master
 
mikeygar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
hi mikey,
looking forward to meet you next week at huge track....
Hey KS!!! Yes, my favourite same heat opponent! But this time around, I will be running open brushless, not modified - burned too many motors last year hahahaa!

:-) but looking forward to seeing you anyway! I will be in Bangkok on Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystique13 View Post
Are you purposely use plastic arms to make the car less responsive or for some other reasons? And what is the tyre and tyre treatment for this setup? Thanks.
Hi Mystique,

I use the plastic arms to generate more traction and be more stable. The graphite parts are too nervous on our asphalt and the plastic helps calm the car down a bit. Same level of maximum traction, but graphite suddenly breaks away and very difficult to recover.

And although our track is super smooth, once traction is really high the 5.2 ride height is needed so the chassis doesn't scrub on the track due to more roll generated.

We use Ride RE36 pre mounted tires here, but this setup works well with Sorex 36 also.

Our tire additive is Mighty Grippper. Works with V2 red and v3 blue, there is V3 yellow but I can't seem to get it to work at all.

By the way, I forgot to mention I am using 1 blue o-ring in the shocks.

Hope this works for you as well.
__________________
Manila On-Road RC on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManilaRC
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #3665
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12
Default

Thanks Mikey for the swift response, I'll definitely give plastic arms a try. Look forward to seeing you in Huge track next week as well =] But I'll be running modified, I burned too many ORCA last year...haha
mystique13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #3666
Tech Regular
 
Colbynobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone ever tried only running the plastic arms on the rear with graphite arms on the front to see if it makes a noticeable difference in traction bias?
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #3667
Tech Master
 
mikeygar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystique13 View Post
Thanks Mikey for the swift response, I'll definitely give plastic arms a try. Look forward to seeing you in Huge track next week as well =] But I'll be running modified, I burned too many ORCA last year...haha
Hey cool, another Yokomo at TITC! Where are you from? If ever you bump into a group of noisy Filipinos, i'll be the only one driving a BD7. Give me a tap and say hi

If the Huge track's asphalt is treated well and is super flat then it should work, going to play with heavier shock oils this weekend to see if they work since it's a bit hotter in Bangkok now than it is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbynobo View Post
Has anyone ever tried only running the plastic arms on the rear with graphite arms on the front to see if it makes a noticeable difference in traction bias?
I tried this before and seemed to work with blue/blue Yokomo springs, though didn't test long, was not confidence inspiring...
__________________
Manila On-Road RC on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManilaRC
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #3668
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,487
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

does anyone know if the BD7 2014 conversion kit will work on the BD5Wxi car?
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #3669
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
does anyone know if the BD7 2014 conversion kit will work on the BD5Wxi car?
I would guess No because the BD5 bulkheads aren't keyed and may not line up with the bulkhead holes on the new chassis. If they did, the diff spacing may not be the same and you would need to find new belts to fit front and rear. Also would mention top deck alignment.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #3670
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,487
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
I would guess No because the BD5 bulkheads aren't keyed and may not line up with the bulkhead holes on the new chassis. If the did, the diff spacing may not be the same and you would need to find new belts to fit front and rear. Also would mention top deck alignment.
thanks, Jimmy
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #3671
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Default

Does any of you guys know where I can get S.L.F. Normal Shock Set for BD7 2014?

Thanks!
Likeslowww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #3672
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,343
Default

For those whom have not seen the Roche floating servo mount installed:



__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #3673
Tech Adept
 
peter.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 206
Default

For Sale yokomo bd7
Yokomo BD7+Option parts
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #3674
Tech Addict
 
Cadman1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 548
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How do you guys get your diffs in the Down position? when i do, the belts are really tight, so i just the cams to adjust the belt's stiffness. I run Blinky 17.5, so i try to make them relatively loose, but not enough that they skip.
- i also make sure my chassis is not tweaked when i tighten the top deck
__________________
Awesomatix A700L
Tamiya Exotek F104v2
HPI Vorza HP 2.4ghz
1990s Futaba FXT stadium racer - Mint condition!
And a bunch of other RC kits for me and my kids...yeah...my kids...
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #3675
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,592
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Yokomo have signed Shin Adachi into their team.
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*AWESOMATIX * R1 WURKS * PLAIGE BEARINGS*
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
vasekg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0