https://www.facebook.com/BezerkRc
It was posted (3508) a few pages back by Cadman 1981
Just bought some of these from Paul and they're excellent! Great service too
Old 01-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post Option parts!

Hi,
What are the (what use to be for BD7 2013) option parts that are included in the BD7 2014?
Thx!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Pretty sure Blue 2014 includes Hard arms as well
Yes you're right, I seemed to remember this announcement said it was the black car but no it is for both.
http://ameblo.jp/insidety/entry-11726864490.html
Sorry for any confusion.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Pretty sure Blue 2014 includes Hard arms as well
as shown here

From Yokomo

"Lightweight graphite resin suspension arms and the change of the motor mount
to both the high level response and a sense of stability!

BD7-2014 to benefiting from home-European touring car, die a normal evolution of true. Japan, as well as to prove their ability in a race around the world, while rivals take each year lag, ticks away brilliant step to the next stage in one step ahead again.
Place in the center of the chassis motor mount, redesigned the shape of the steering bell crank, while improving the driving feel, 2014 has achieved a balance of grip and cornering speed. Also, I give a hard anodized lubrication of high quality in shock cylinder, greatly reduces the resistance of the internal shock, gap of road surface slightly to absorb flexibly, operability also significantly improved. It plays a better response with a lightweight graphite resin before and after suspension arms and hubs, as well to the knuckle. Also, in addition to the standard kit of blue anodized, black series with a brightness such as the black diamond a certain dignity as a special edition this time comes!!
BD7 ran also looks even reached into the realm of art at last!"

Just got in a BD7 2014 kit, a conversion kit and short shock kits in stock
Old 01-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ApexRCProshop
Just got in a BD7 2014 kit, a conversion kit and short shock kits in stock
Fast Free shipping too
Thanks APEX
Old 01-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have two sessions with the 2014 car now. It's super fast but really hard to drive consistent since the steering is too responsive. The initial steering is unbelievably! I hardly touch the steering wheel and it turns like hell. I'm driving on medium to high bite carpet track, set-up Volker DHI cup, LRP CPX tires, weights in front... servo: KO PDS-2413.

Tried to apply additive only on inner half of front tires but that didn't feel right.
My steering Expo is now set to -35% so that the car is half way driveable but I don't have the feeling this is the way to go ether?

Some suggestions where to look for a solution?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Do you have the full Volker DHI setup on? Down to every detail?
It sounds like your car is like mine when I put an LTC-R on it. Ronalds car looked dialled in the DHI videos, but I bet the grip was super high at that point.
That setup looks like it should be a good starting point really.

Also those tyres are known to be problematic, there's a good chance that if you try Ride or Sorex your problems will go away (if you're not in a controlled tyre situation).
Old 01-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Try blue springs up front, it will take more bite out of the front end
Old 01-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Do you have the full Volker DHI setup on? Down to every detail?
It sounds like your car is like mine when I put an LTC-R on it. Ronalds car looked dialled in the DHI videos, but I bet the grip was super high at that point.
That setup looks like it should be a good starting point really.

Also those tyres are known to be problematic, there's a good chance that if you try Ride or Sorex your problems will go away (if you're not in a controlled tyre situation).
Hmm, the set-up is not 100% identical. I have 0.2mm less ride height front and rear, ackermann shims 0,5 isted 1,0 everything else I think is the same.

I'm running a PF Mazda Speed6 LW. Since I was preparing for LRP TCM I didn't try tires of other brands. I'll give it a go now to see if this is the problem.

Most of the set-up's for carpet have the front arms swept back and asphalt straight! Does the angle in the front arms calm the car down?
Old 01-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CraigM
Try blue springs up front, it will take more bite out of the front end
Done that and it really was a bit better!

I looked at the tires again and they look strange, like they were swollen!? I will try Ride tires next time to see if there is a difference ...
Old 01-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Hmm, the set-up is not 100% identical. I have 0.2mm less ride height front and rear, ackermann shims 0,5 isted 1,0 everything else I think is the same.

I'm running a PF Mazda Speed6 LW. Since I was preparing for LRP TCM I didn't try tires of other brands. I'll give it a go now to see if this is the problem.

Most of the set-up's for carpet have the front arms swept back and asphalt straight! Does the angle in the front arms calm the car down?
Are using a short servo horn? If not I highly recommend you try that since it will calm the steering down significantly.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

A few of us here have all tried arm sweep on carpet and prefer it without. My car gets all squirmy mid corner with the 44.2FF block.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Are using a short servo horn? If not I highly recommend you try that since it will calm the steering down significantly.
Nice idea! Now I'm using this one: http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...onics-KO-servo
Old 01-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have two sessions with the 2014 car now. It's super fast but really hard to drive consistent since the steering is too responsive. The initial steering is unbelievably! I hardly touch the steering wheel and it turns like hell. I'm driving on medium to high bite carpet track, set-up Volker DHI cup, LRP CPX tires, weights in front... servo: KO PDS-2413.

Tried to apply additive only on inner half of front tires but that didn't feel right.
My steering Expo is now set to -35% so that the car is half way driveable but I don't have the feeling this is the way to go ether?

Some suggestions where to look for a solution?

Thanks
I do the -35% expo as well and it helps a lot for me,but have yet to try the short servo horn. Maybe this weekend. Since the LRP tires are what you are tuning for, have you tried 3 coats of superglue halfway up on the sidewall of the front tires? That's an old trick from back in the day. Also, are you limited in traction compound use? Is it handout compound? If not, try something different. At my track if I use SXT 3.0 on my car it will free up the rear end. If I switch to the Gravity stuff (LGC?), the whole car tights up. Just some thoughts. Also try raising the rear camber link. As strange as it seems, it works.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I do the -35% expo as well and it helps a lot for me,but have yet to try the short servo horn. Maybe this weekend. Since the LRP tires are what you are tuning for, have you tried 3 coats of superglue halfway up on the sidewall of the front tires? That's an old trick from back in the day. Also, are you limited in traction compound use? Is it handout compound? If not, try something different. At my track if I use SXT 3.0 my car it will free up the rear end. It I switch to the Gravity stuff (LGC?), the whole car tights up. Just some thoughts. Also try raising the rear camber link. As strange as it seems, it works.
Additive is LRP Carpev Top Grip 2 or 3. That's what state the rules for the race. But I will play around with the camber link height as you suggest.

Oh now you remembered me of something I almost forgot!!! The set up DHI states rear LONG camber links and in the picture of Volkers car it is clearly seen a short camber link! I was using a short camber link ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.