Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try Hara Black springs. My favorite for asphalt.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
An alternative to the Silvers could be something like, 450cst, 1.1 pistons, and some combination of Yokomo Blue & or Pink springs
this setup does work, but I was using associated 37.5 (463cst) oil, and it was very dialled with yok pink all round,

I have found somewhere that has HPI silvers but they will probably be the later black ones, ill find out when they arrive.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by evochick
this setup does work, but I was using associated 37.5 (463cst) oil, and it was very dialled with yok pink all round,

I have found somewhere that has HPI silvers but they will probably be the later black ones, ill find out when they arrive.
Good to know. I have built the shocks with AE 500cst. I will try it with pink all round. Has anyone tried running with 2 deg toe at the back?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gerrie
Good to know. I have built the shocks with AE 500cst. I will try it with pink all round. Has anyone tried running with 2 deg toe at the back?
Blue all around is better than pink all around for asphalt or carpet. The car is more forgiving. Its hard for me to tell the difference between 450-500 cst so I'm assuming that would be fine oil to use.

I know that there is a special drift toe block that will giv e you 2 deg. Search the posts by "KSCHU"? He's the one that first mentuoned it. I would use it but I don't feel like special ordering it from Japan.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

I will try the blue all round. I will also do the basic setup for asphalt
Old 11-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi.
I plan to buy a new car in the next week's.
Is it a good idea to buy a BD7 now or do you think Yokomo releases a new car in the next half year?
Old 11-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I use 350 wt oil and yok blue springs all round on asphalt Beth. I have used that at the hill, SMA and Penrith. I also use 2 degree rear toe.

The other option is to use Ride red springs all round, very similar to the HPI silvers.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by subzero2k
Hi.
Is it a good idea to buy a BD7 now or do you think Yokomo releases a new car in the next half year?
It's hard to know, but I'd say unlikely.
If you look back to the BD5 that was released early 2009 and the BD7 mid 2012.
The BD5 had a few upgrades but it did go through the Mi-Mh to Lipo transition. The team have been testing short shocks and lowered towers but the photo's from ETS seemed to show very standard looking cars.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
It's hard to know, but I'd say unlikely.
If you look back to the BD5 that was released early 2009 and the BD7 mid 2012.
The BD5 had a few upgrades but it did go through the Mi-Mh to Lipo transition. The team have been testing short shocks and lowered towers but the photo's from ETS seemed to show very standard looking cars.
Ok, thank you.

Greetings
Old 11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subzero2k
Hi.
I was actually wondering the same thing. Everyone has a different answer.. I was thinking about the 418 since we know thats the newest model out.. but im really wanting the bd7.. that thing is just bad azz!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bagged69chevy
I was actually wondering the same thing. Everyone has a different answer.. I was thinking about the 418 since we know thats the newest model out.. but im really wanting the bd7.. that thing is just bad azz!
Spoke with Team Yokomo guys at iic few weeks back

As far as they know, no new vers is in the pipeline
Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok. Maybe the yearly updates and new versions form some manufacturers make the people crazy. :-)
Old 11-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Spoke with Team Yokomo guys at iic few weeks back

As far as they know, no new vers is in the pipeline
good to know!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

While I have test driven several other modern tourers, the BD7 is the only one I own, and see no greener pastures as yet

Was just playing the devils advocate, as at our track there are a few "car of the week drivers", and they always seem to go the same pace no matter what brand they run

The BD7, easy on tires, and works well on used tires
Yes, yes it does, thanks for your insight Christian

Care to post a setup ?

Oh, and Happy Birthday

Alright. I am ready to post a set-up.

This car is very good. I have struggled for the past couple of weeks getting the right balance of steering and stability. We have a new layout that is high speed and that actually goes over a few bumps on our carpet track. Very challenging. I worked really hard on refining the set-up this past week. The combination of the MS6, Aeration Caps camber links and angles got me to a very happy place.

Things of note:

-Mazdaspeed 6 is king on carpet for a reason.
-Aeration caps are awesome on our track. They give the car so much traction and allow for more aggressive set-up. EVERYONE should keep a set in their pit box and try them at least once.
-Contrary to popular belief, carbon parts generate more traction than the plastic pieces, at least in mod. They are also more durable.
-Our 3mm O-Rings work awesome, even with no shim in between the ring and the plastic guide. Just dip in shock oil for about an hour so they swell a bit. I have had ZERO leakage.

Attached is the set up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CristianTabush_BD7_Online.pdf (434.3 KB, 261 views)
Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Quick question on that setup Christian.
You've ticked 2 hole pistons, is this right or a mistake?
Also that sheet is not too easy to read, at least on my screen, resolution has dropped off a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.