R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #2806
TLR
Tech Initiate

I cant believe Volker does not have his setup posted yet!!! I mean come on it has been 30 minutes since he won!!
TLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #2807
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Probabky sick of seeing posts from all those d!cks that say it is a one off prototype car that isnt remotely close to a stock BD7.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #2808
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR View Post
I cant believe Volker does not have his setup posted yet!!! I mean come on it has been 30 minutes since he won!!
Well I'm sure the that Andrew Hardman will share his set up..you never know ,it might be close to Volker...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #2809
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by f888fhw View Post
I'm thinking about buying the BD7 RS to give touring cars a go. After doing a bit of research it looks like the servo is fixed to the car with 1 screw and some servo tape? Is this correct, will this be strong enough? Has anyone got any pictures and feedback regarding this mounting method.
I've never tried it on this car. In the past I have done it with no issues. I'm currently using the CSO overhang mount. Same Yokomo Blue Aluminum at 1/3 the cost of the Yokomo mount. Here's a quick pic of mine. If you get the RS, a good optional pack to get is the Japan Nats Option Pack. It's between $109 to $120, but it includes all the hopup options that you'll need for carpet and high traction surfaces. Or just run the car as is and have fun!!

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #2810
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
Do you guys run the foam that goes on top of the shock bladder? This is for carpet. For the setup sheets, where is droop measured from? Under the arm or at the pin?
I don't run the foam on top of the bladders, but I do run the black bladders. As for droop, this is how I measure. Here is an old pic I took. This one is 8.5mm rear droop...

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #2811
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Corey W, on Andrew's setup what brand oil are you'll using? AE, Yokomo?

Thanks!

Yokomo BD7
Xray NT1
Mooreway Motorsports
SLOW 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #2812
Tech Initiate

Any setups or motor/esc/servo combos from worlds?
Christian82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #2813
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOW 77 View Post
Corey W, on Andrew's setup what brand oil are you'll using? AE, Yokomo?

Thanks!
We are using the Yokomo oil.

Regards,
Ian (Andrew's Dad)
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #2814
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Ian!

Yokomo BD7
Xray NT1
Mooreway Motorsports
SLOW 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #2815
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
I've never tried it on this car. In the past I have done it with no issues. I'm currently using the CSO overhang mount. Same Yokomo Blue Aluminum at 1/3 the cost of the Yokomo mount. Here's a quick pic of mine. If you get the RS, a good optional pack to get is the Japan Nats Option Pack. It's between $109 to $120, but it includes all the hopup options that you'll need for carpet and high traction surfaces. Or just run the car as is and have fun!!

Where can I find the Japan nat pack? No one has them in stock. I have searched everywhere.
stro3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #2816
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Where can I find the Japan Nats Pack b7-jnop? I have searched everywhere and no one has them.
stro3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #2817
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Well I'm sure the that Andrew Hardman will share his set up..you never know ,it might be close to Volker...
We will be posting our setup very soon, and for the most part, our setup is very close to Ronalds.

Just an FYI, Ronald runs a completely stock BD7 with no special parts(meaning parts not available to consumers). Yumino is an absolute master with details(both setup and build) and that is the only thing that separates his car from everyone else's. As a fellow mechanic, I hope to be as good as him one day!

Stay tuned for the setup(hopefully by Wednesday).

Last edited by CoreyW.; 10-15-2013 at 09:13 AM.
CoreyW. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #2818
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can some offer me some advice please, its was my second night running my new bd7 in stock class, I lost steering 3 times tonight because of my bd7 bell crank system, the screws that hold it together keeps loosening and falling out, if I tighten it u my steering locks up and the servo cant push it.

I was thinking of putting a couple of drops of locktite in for next week, but does anyone has any tips on how to keep it secure without screwing it down to hard?

thanks
Jon
jonston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #2819
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonston View Post
Can some offer me some advice please, its was my second night running my new bd7 in stock class, I lost steering 3 times tonight because of my bd7 bell crank system, the screws that hold it together keeps loosening and falling out, if I tighten it u my steering locks up and the servo cant push it.

I was thinking of putting a couple of drops of locktite in for next week, but does anyone has any tips on how to keep it secure without screwing it down to hard?

thanks
Jon
Hi Jon, just use a tiny bit of locktite to help keep the screw secure. If you are using a direct servo horn, crashes will cause vibrations throughout the steering system and screws will eventually back out, so it is best to locktite ALL of the screws in that area. Makes sure to use a mild version of whatever brand you choose, as I am sure you would want to be able to remove the screws in the future.
CoreyW. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #2820
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonston View Post

thanks
Jon
Are you missing shims?
You should be able to tighten without any bind at all

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote