Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

im surprised hes running with graphite arms on asphalt i would have figured the plastic arms would have been the ticket.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
im surprised hes running with graphite arms on asphalt i would have figured the plastic arms would have been the ticket.
It could also have to do with the weather conditions....
Old 08-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Even at the worlds with no additive the Yok team ran the graphite parts.
Looking at the setup sheets (with a pinch of salt) and the photo's, they rarely seem to change much at all regardless of surface, tyres or rules.
It makes me think that most of the tuning is done in the shock, where all you can do is believe the setup sheets.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:49 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I'm running the Yokomo dcj in the rear, no issues
How did you break them ?
Hey dave
running the DCJ in the rear help the car to rotate better in the turn?
Old 08-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey dave
running the DCJ in the rear help the car to rotate better in the turn?
A little bit more on rotation mid-out
And just smoother in sweepers

Imo with BD7 & perhaps this is true of all Tourers ?
Big changes come from
Tires
Springs
Shock mount pos
Camber
Droop
Oil

Everything else is fine tuning
Old 08-05-2013, 02:48 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
A little bit more on rotation mid-out
And just smoother in sweepers

Imo with BD7 & perhaps this is true of all Tourers ?
Big changes come from
Tires
Springs
Shock mount pos
Camber
Droop
Oil

Everything else is fine tuning
Dave i
question about the droop..
how do you set your droop by ride height or 5mm block?

Last edited by OVA; 08-05-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

I'm trying to find "manufacturer information" on Yokomo cars and the yokomousa.com website doesn't seem to be working... So does Yokomo even have an English version of their yokomo.com website? It seems that they're not paying much attention to the US market. In particular, with Volker doing so well recently vs. the Tamiyas, I'd be interested in giving this car a try. But if the support structure here in the US sucks... I don't want to have to live through that.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theclutch
I'm trying to find "manufacturer information" on Yokomo cars and the yokomousa.com website doesn't seem to be working... So does Yokomo even have an English version of their yokomo.com website? It seems that they're not paying much attention to the US market. In particular, with Volker doing so well recently vs. the Tamiyas, I'd be interested in giving this car a try. But if the support structure here in the US sucks... I don't want to have to live through that.
There is no Yokomo USA, The importer in the USA is A-main hobbies.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
There is no Yokomo USA, The importer in the USA is A-main hobbies.
I miss the good ol days of Yokomo USA
Old 08-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Even before amain started importing yokomo the part support was great through Futuba pro shop. If that's what keeps you from running it you're off track. The bd7 is a great car.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

A MAIN as a parts supplier is marginal at best. I don't know whats up with the second biggest hobby shop in the country.

You're best bet is to buy two kits from japan ( pro shop futaba) and be done with it. Initial cash outlay may seem high but eventually you'll save money over buying parts you think you MIGHT need over time peice by peice.

Ive had the car now for a little over 6 months and have only broken 1 c-hub , one dcj shaft and stripped out two steering hubs due to overtightening.

Only weak point are the shocks that need daily rebuilds. Minor gripe also about the semi soft steel spool outdrives although these parts have always been high wear items on every car with a spool.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Google translate :-)

http://translate.google.com/translat...teamyokomo.com
Old 08-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Your best bet for English information is through their European distributor (http://www.teamyokomo.eu/) and Facebook link (search Team Yokomo).

I've been running this car since it was released in Sept and I haven't had an issue with parts support. With the beauty of EMS I can get parts within 3-4 days from the Japanese retailers (even to the Midwest). Even with the higher shipping cost ($25ish and up) it's usually still break even or better than US distribution at around a $70ish parts order from Japan. Also its really the only avenue to get some of the newer updates (2/6 castor, thinner top deck) which hasnt been imported yet. The only downside is the language barrier but if you're patient enough it's not really an issue.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Dave i
question about the droop..
how do you set your droop by ride height or 5mm block?
2mm orh as a base setting
then work from there
Old 08-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swimbikerun
Your best bet for English information is through their European distributor (http://www.teamyokomo.eu/) and Facebook link (search Team Yokomo).

I've been running this car since it was released in Sept and I haven't had an issue with parts support. With the beauty of EMS I can get parts within 3-4 days from the Japanese retailers (even to the Midwest). Even with the higher shipping cost ($25ish and up) it's usually still break even or better than US distribution at around a $70ish parts order from Japan. Also its really the only avenue to get some of the newer updates (2/6 castor, thinner top deck) which hasnt been imported yet. The only downside is the language barrier but if you're patient enough it's not really an issue.
I noticed you have a Tamiya 417v5, The Raceberry upgrade uses yokomo parts, how do you like the Tamiya compared to the Yokomo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.