R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #2401
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default Camarillo Set Up

Here is the base setup I used at Camarillo. A little bumpy on some sections of the track with good condition asphalt. Traction varied from Med-high in morning to medium in afternoon, max track temp was 130F. Car handled well during the whole day only requiring a little more aggressive steering input as track temperature increased. Most important thing I found on asphalt is to mount your body far enough forward. *SEE VOLKER and PRUMPER body photos on asphalt tracks as guide.*

2 out of 3 TQ qualifying runs
2 out of 3 Main wins
Attached Thumbnails
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-bd7_peterchhu_camarillo290613.jpg  
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #2402
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks Pete
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #2403
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
Here is the base setup I used at Camarillo. A little bumpy on some sections of the track with good condition asphalt. Traction varied from Med-high in morning to medium in afternoon, max track temp was 130F. Car handled well during the whole day only requiring a little more aggressive steering input as track temperature increased. Most important thing I found on asphalt is to mount your body far enough forward. *SEE VOLKER and PRUMPER body photos on asphalt tracks as guide.*

2 out of 3 TQ qualifying runs
2 out of 3 Main wins
Nice that's a lot of camber gain.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #2404
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Your setup looks interesting. Where does yellow stand on the spring chart?
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #2405
Tech Regular
 
pierre johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: im from cali but lived in texas most of my life
Posts: 270
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just want to know will the car handle out the box on asphalt or will it require a lot of tuning.
__________________
Team Rctarget /Capricorn America/Reds Racing and Hobby Recreation Products!
pierre johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #2406
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Only thing needed are springs for asphalt(HPI Silver), which most everyone probably buys no matter what car they run. Other than that, everything is fine tuning to suit your driving. Stock setup will get you 90% there. The car is easier to drive on asphalt stock than it is on carpet.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #2407
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
Your setup looks interesting. Where does yellow stand on the spring chart?
Between Blue and Pink

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Long-Type-Pink

Link shows chart. I will have to hump someone's leg one weekend to get some video going.

Today was interesting. I was running pretty much full boost on a 4.0T geared at 8.0 FDR. I was leading the main when all of a sudden my car got very loose. First I thought I blew out a tire as I was on my third run with the tires. I then found out I clear snapped off the aluminum for the DCJ. Anyone else? I mean very very aggressive driving so I'm not entirely surprised. I'm sure we were 50-65 mph on the straight away then full brakes. This is the first failure I've had since I've figured out I was putting on BD5 c hubs. Anyone else? I will turn down the power a little and make the brakes smoother for starters. Anyone else run the car that hard?
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #2408
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Between Blue and Pink

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Long-Type-Pink

Link shows chart. I will have to hump someone's leg one weekend to get some video going.

Today was interesting. I was running pretty much full boost on a 4.0T geared at 8.0 FDR. I was leading the main when all of a sudden my car got very loose. First I thought I blew out a tire as I was on my third run with the tires. I then found out I clear snapped off the aluminum for the DCJ. Anyone else? I mean very very aggressive driving so I'm not entirely surprised. I'm sure we were 50-65 mph on the straight away then full brakes. This is the first failure I've had since I've figured out I was putting on BD5 c hubs. Anyone else? I will turn down the power a little and make the brakes smoother for starters. Anyone else run the car that hard?

Thanks

The DCJs are definitely one of the weaker points of the car. I check mine frequently, almost every run. I'm not surprised you broke them with that much power. Now you know why i dont run mod. Only thing I can suggest is to pack it with heavy grease and sleeve the joint with heatshrink.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #2409
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
Thanks

The DCJs are definitely one of the weaker points of the car. I check mine frequently, almost every run. I'm not surprised you broke them with that much power. Now you know why i dont run mod. Only thing I can suggest is to pack it with heavy grease and sleeve the joint with heatshrink.
Huh ?, same set of Yok DCJ's since new, no issues, lube them every now and then
But haven't run mod either
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #2410
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
Here is the base setup I used at Camarillo. A little bumpy on some sections of the track with good condition asphalt. Traction varied from Med-high in morning to medium in afternoon, max track temp was 130F. Car handled well during the whole day only requiring a little more aggressive steering input as track temperature increased. Most important thing I found on asphalt is to mount your body far enough forward. *SEE VOLKER and PRUMPER body photos on asphalt tracks as guide.*

2 out of 3 TQ qualifying runs
2 out of 3 Main wins
Ran this setup yesterday... Very stable in the rear (considering how bumpy west london is!) Track temp was 50ēc pretty much all day using Sorex 32. All screws in top deck and steering to topdeck brace. 550 oil all round.

Car had no steering though. Had to turn in so early to get the car into the corner. Any help with this.
Mi4cxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #2411
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

YOKOMO onsale 2013 Japan Nat's Option Pack
Attached Thumbnails
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-yo-b7-jnop.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #2412
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,716
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl View Post
Ran this setup yesterday... Very stable in the rear (considering how bumpy west london is!) Track temp was 50ēc pretty much all day using Sorex 32. All screws in top deck and steering to topdeck brace. 550 oil all round.

Car had no steering though. Had to turn in so early to get the car into the corner. Any help with this.

How was your tyre prep? It could be a difference in tryre Prep. Another thing to watch out for when running someone elses set up is to also run the same body and mounting positions.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics

Last edited by Francis M.; 07-08-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #2413
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl View Post
Ran this setup yesterday... Very stable in the rear (considering how bumpy west london is!) Track temp was 50ēc pretty much all day using Sorex 32. All screws in top deck and steering to topdeck brace. 550 oil all round.

Car had no steering though. Had to turn in so early to get the car into the corner. Any help with this.

Use 450cst oil and 1000wt diff oil.

This is how far forward I mount the body. In this case it is a Protoform LTC-R LW. That's a US quarter coin which is ~24mm resting in between the outermost lip on the body and the face of the bumper.

Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #2414
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Huh ?, same set of Yok DCJ's since new, no issues, lube them every now and then
But haven't run mod either
Mine are a lot older. We'll see how your set holds up. I know if there's anyone that knows how to build and maintain them, it would be you.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #2415
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
Mine are a lot older. We'll see how your set holds up. I know if there's anyone that knows how to build and maintain them, it would be you.
Ahh yes, that is true, If you have been running the OG parts since new, may be time to re-build your aging DCJ's

Have you tried the Jaco spec tires yet ?
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0