R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #226
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

On the setup sheets where is the pin they are talking about for droop? Also how similar is yoko fluids to associated? I'm going to build the kit with ae fluids so I have a consistent base for me. Any idea what the base carpet setting is for traction wise? Does the kit come with any extra springs, sway bars tuning options? Also is there a manual that is fully in english?
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
On the setup sheets where is the pin they are talking about for droop? Also how similar is yoko fluids to associated? I'm going to build the kit with ae fluids so I have a consistent base for me. Any idea what the base carpet setting is for traction wise? Does the kit come with any extra springs, sway bars tuning options? Also is there a manual that is fully in english?
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/yoko...YokomoBD7.html

CST should be equal across the board.

start reading up on how to build your car. There is a basic carpet setup sheet in there. Most do a general traction carpet setup.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #228
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/yoko...YokomoBD7.html

CST should be equal across the board.

start reading up on how to build your car. There is a basic carpet setup sheet in there. Most do a general traction carpet setup.
Ive read through the manual, well I mainly looked at pictures since I can't read Japanese. The only thing I was unsure about was droop from a pin since I've always set it from the arm on my t3.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #229
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ive read through the manual, well I mainly looked at pictures since I can't read Japanese. The only thing I was unsure about was droop from a pin since I've always set it from the arm on my t3.
If you look closely at the pictures it shows a droop screw. Unless I'm missing something but it shows to set it at 2.5mm showing for droop.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
Old 09-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #230
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Most spurs fit. I prefer Xenon but have ran RW, Du-Mor AE etc.

X-ray, PRS and kimbroughs will work but you can only use two of the holes. Not a big deal I've had 0 issues running just two even in mod.

I've never been a fan of the Euro set-ups. They always seemed super aggressive. If you read EAs posts about running in the ETS he mentions that conditions and tires are a bit different than what were used too. I.e he mentioned the tires had loads of forward bite which explains why they would feel loose with our tires.

They honestly usually don't need much from the stock set up. Usually an oil change, a RC shim, front pin width and Ackerman to suit is all that's needed.

If you already have a well set-up car start measuring and calculating! This will get you 90% there. Basically everything on the set up sheet like pin height, camber link length, camber link mount points, wheel spring rates, etc, etc.

The springs are "the spring" to run on carpet. No options are included, but again you really don't need to vary much from stock.

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #231
Tech Elite

Quote:
If you look closely at the pictures it shows a droop screw. Unless I'm missing something but it shows to set it at 2.5mm showing for droop.
Um yes it does, but you're missing my question. What pin do you measure droop from? As things change so does droop do the 2.5mm initial setting will not stay constant.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #232
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post

X-ray, PRS and kimbroughs will work but you can only use two of the holes. Not a big deal I've had 0 issues running just two even in mod.

I've never been a fan of the Euro set-ups. They always seemed super aggressive. If you read EAs posts about running in the ETS he mentions that conditions and tires are a bit different than what were used too. I.e he mentioned the tires had loads of forward bite which explains why they would feel loose with our tires.

They honestly usually don't need much from the stock set up. Usually an oil change, a RC shim, front pin width and Ackerman to suit is all that's needed.

If you already have a well set-up car start measuring and calculating! This will get you 90% there. Basically everything on the set up sheet like pin height, camber link length, camber link mount points, wheel spring rates, etc, etc.

The springs are "the spring" to run on carpet. No options are included, but again you really don't need to vary much from stock.

Mike Slaughter
Yeah I understand. It will just be interesting as my first time setting it down will most likely be qualifing at a race.

Quote:
Um yes it does, but you're missing my question. What pin do you measure droop from? As things change so does droop do the 2.5mm initial setting will not stay constant.
correct. It shouldn't be different than any on-road car you are already used to if it has droop screws.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
Old 09-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #233
Tech Elite

I understand that the initial droop screw setting is 2.5mms measured from the arm to the bottom of the screw, I also understand that droop shouldn't be any different as far as measuring goes from car to car, I am however wondering which PIN the setup sheet is talking about when it says 10mm.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #234
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post

Mike Slaughter
does this apply to sway bars as well?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #235
Tech Elite

It's killing me to know that this thing is listed at my local post office.....must go pick up.

Anyone had a chance to run theirs yet?
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
Old 09-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #236
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Quote:
It's killing me to know that this thing is listed at my local post office.....must go pick up.

Anyone had a chance to run theirs yet?
did ya get it Nolan?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #237
Tech Elite

Just as a heads up, the yokomo spur gears I ordered do not work with the manufactures bushings/ spacers. I ended up using an x ray spur with just the plastic shim. Also the kit does not include any lipo mounts center or front/ rear so I had to order those as well. The learning curve of japanese kits :/
Old 09-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #238
Tech Adept

Quote:
Just as a heads up, the yokomo spur gears I ordered do not work with the manufactures bushings/ spacers. I ended up using an x ray spur with just the plastic shim. Also the kit does not include any lipo mounts center or front/ rear so I had to order those as well. The learning curve of japanese kits :/
Hi,

What were the part numbers on the lipo mounts you had to order?

Thanks for the heads up ill have to organise some of these

Kind regards,
Old 09-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #239
Tech Elite

Decided I am gonna go another way...Any takers $850.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #240
Tech Elite

Just kidding this thing is sick!!!!

Not a beginner kit at all though.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy