R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #2371
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Just picked up a BD7 kit as a replacement for my TC6.1 and looking forward to getting it built/ racing it!

In terms of chassis plate prep wondering if you chamfered the edges of the diff pulley slots to give clearance to the belt?

Dan
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #2372
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Anyone know any US stores that sell Yok stuff other than A-Main? I am looking for some springs....Pinks and Blues.
i have them in stock but i am in uk
Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #2373
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
They indeed are the lower shocks if you looks very close. You can notice the lower towers and different coloured shock bodies
I stand corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashmaster View Post
Hi guys,

Just picked up a BD7 kit as a replacement for my TC6.1 and looking forward to getting it built/ racing it!

In terms of chassis plate prep wondering if you chamfered the edges of the diff pulley slots to give clearance to the belt?

Dan
There should be no belt clearance issues with your BD7

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #2374
Tech Regular

Thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I stand corrected

There should be no belt clearance issues with your BD7
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #2375
Tech Adept

my diff leak pretty much how can I fix
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #2376
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter. View Post
my diff leak pretty much how can I fix
Is it leaking from outdrives, or from center pulley halves ?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
Old 07-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #2377
Tech Adept

Quote:
Is it leaking from outdrives, or from center pulley halves ?
from the outdrives
Old 07-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #2378
Tech Regular

Kyosho red P5 o-ring should sort the diff out.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #2379
Tech Adept

thanx
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #2380
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Golden State Series

Congrats to all the BD7 drivers who attended the Golden State Series @ Camarillo CAlifornia...

The most contested class of the weekend was 13.5 with 4 BD7 making the A-main.

TQ was secured by Peter Chhu by winning the the first two qualifiers which he used to wrap up the overall win by winning the first two mains....

I know Dave Berger, Oliver, and Mark also had great cars over the weekend....

I think these are great results since none of these drivers are sponsored by yokomo!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #2381
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Congrats to all the BD7 drivers who attended the Golden State Series @ Camarillo CAlifornia...

TQ was secured by Peter Chhu by winning the the first two qualifiers which he used to wrap up the overall win by winning the first two mains....

I know Dave Berger, Oliver, and Mark also had great cars over the weekend....

I think these are great results since none of these drivers are sponsored by yokomo!
That's awesome good news
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #2382
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post

I know Dave Berger, Oliver, and Mark Blanco also had great cars over the weekend....

Thanks Francis. I know that I was really rusty having returned just a few days earlier from my long vacation in Mexico. I didn't plan to race until the last minute with some convincing from the buddies.

The car was extremely easy to drive as always. I used my Tamiya track set up and made 2 or 3 small changes just based on the look of the asphalt when we rolled up in the morning. I've never been to Camarillo before and had just one 10 minute practice run to learn the track but the car was awesome from the very first lap!

The car was solid right out of the gate from the practices through rounds of quals on Saturdays and the triple-A mains on Sunday.

Easy wins in the qualifying to take TQ. I tried some experimental stuff in the 3rd qualifier that I thought would make the car more aggressive but it went the other way so I went in cruise control and just made sure I finished. Still just only missed TQ'ing that round by only 1 second I think.

The mains were great, cruise control the whole time in both mains with plenty of pace left if needed. I feel bad for the other guys running Yokomo, Dave, Oliver and Mark. They all had really fast cars and should have been chasing me down but got stuck behind slower cars and some bad luck.

17.5T Class

I wrapped up 13.5 class in 2 rounds so I got the chance to switch over from my TA05 to the BD7 for the 3rd 17.5 a main with a borrowed motor from B-Ruff(thanks!). Used some conservative gearing since I didn't want to buy him a replacement motor. I went up to the front end of the race quick enough but I didn't have any motor to challenge Oliver who was also dialed with his Yokomo. Oliver- you just had some bad breaks that denied you the win. I just wish I'd had another BD7 to race 17.5 from the get go!

Here are some great videos taken by the cool Mark Dawson of all the races. Found it in the Awesomatix thread.

Props to Mark Blanco and Dave Berger in Mod!
Mark's car was FAST!
Dave battled out with a blinky 13.5 in mod class

The Yokomo seems the be the car to beat everywhere.

Here are some great videos taken by the Awesome Mark Dawson of all the races. Found it in the Awesomatix thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Awesomatix (ORCA+TeamPowers) takes 17.5 Class and 4th in 13.5 Class at the Golden State Championships, 4home of the Camarillo Roadrunners in Camarillo, CA.

The cars were solid right out of the gate from the practices through rounds of quals on Saturdays and the triple-A mains on Sunday.

From the videos – each round the cars were on the attack and didn't fade through the runs. I was more confident with the 13.5 car than the 17.5 car. The cars ran the same setup from Dominic Vogl with the only difference - 13.5 car ran the 2.25 chassis and the 17.5 had the standard EX chassis.

Track temp: Normally 125+ degrees from 11:30AM to 5PM everyday.

17.5 Expert Stock

Through qualifying this car felt very competitive and safe to drive – with the high track temps I thought this was a safe bet. It was also a bit of detriment in qualifying as the YOKOMO and SCHUMACHER cars showed a lot of pace. The other cars were more traction aggressive than my car – after looking at their cars – they all ran their cars with extremely soft chassis. You could literally hear their cars ripping the tires in the corners from the traction they were generating. In the main – the conservative bet worked out. I had a car that was temperature neutral and was better all-around in all conditions.

13.5 Expert Stock

I really thought that my 13.5 program was going to be the standout of the weekend. Seemed to qualify well but in the main I made crucial mistakes that cost me a at least two positions overall. A1 – broke traction at the end of the run and ended pinned to a board. A2 – broke traction again just after the section from A1 and popped two left side links with a barrier.

The car was not the issue. I just missed the corner twice. In A3, the track was hot dusted and traction was for the first time much lower. I talked with Tony Tam and figured out a tire strategy to get my car further upfront. It almost worked but with little to gain and to preserve the position I backed off once the car started to get loose.

OVERALL

The cars were awesome. Look forward to returning back to Camarillo in a few weeks for more racing.

HEAT SHEETS/PICS

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-...62218447264256

VIDEOS 17.5

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

VIDEOS 13.5

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by Racing4Evo; 07-02-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #2383
Tech Elite

Best part is to find out that the yokomo base set up really works well everywhere. Narrowing down adjustments to very basic changes from carpet to asphalt.....

Oh, I forgot to mention that Oliver finished 3rd in 13.5 and 2nd in 17.5 which was decided only by a tie breaker... Great run Oliver!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #2384
Tech Champion

Such a fun weekend at Camarillo
All the BDsevens were flying
Comp was gnarly every run
Gratz again Pete, you were straight Fire dude

Just of note
Started with kit settings and HPI Silver springs
This was already awesome, few little tweaks and the car was right in the mix
Driver was less than spectacular though

Used Mod class as test sessions running 13.5 blinky
Was surprised to push those cats around, the BD is also a lot tougher than given credit, didn't see any of the Yokomo drivers have issues, while there were broken bits of other brands all over the unforgiving cam track

Old 07-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #2385
Tech Regular

Quote:
…... the BD is also a lot tougher than given credit, didn't see any of the Yokomo drivers have issues, while there were broken bits of other brands all over the unforgiving cam track
I'm hoping I don't jinx myself here, but I've found my BD7 incredibly tough. I don't make a habit of hitting stuff, but everybody has the odd knock and times I've expected to see a broken wishbone it hasn't happened.

I was worried switching to Yok, but I think it's time the "brokomo" nickname was put to bed.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote