R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #2086
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
Where can I get m2.5x8 screws for the spur gear? Love the car. Can't wait to run it for the summer.
Will this work ?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-Head-Screw-6

__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #2087
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 432
Default

No they need to be countersunk, I got a pack of 10 off ebay.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #2088
Tech Adept
 
jumpnjack's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
no they will not work, to long and you need a M3 screw and a short head or the entire gear will be widened and cause drag.
use these

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Head-Screws-10
__________________
Awesomatix A700L, T.O.P. Rebel 10
Apex RC Pro Shop
ORCA/Pro Spec, Team EA Motorsport, Awesomatix USA, RC America, Team Powers
T.O.P Racing USA, John's BSR Racing Tires, Gravity RC, R1werks, 3Racing, TQ Wire
jumpnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #2089
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Here's my take on that
More chassis roll on carpet is easier to drive, especially on a high grip track

Perhaps on large, high speed, outdoor circuits, less roll is advantageous for more stability ?
Hey man , thankx for the input.
I can complete follow you , but isnt so that more roll give more traction because the car can more lean ?
I case of stability you got your point , but how about lateral traction :-).

After alot off reading and testing i finally got the theory and working of rollcenters; (i thought so hehehe)
But then when i look to basic setup of the bd7 (lovely car btw) i think i dont get it complete :-)
__________________
Asso B5M
Sanwa M11X
Team Orion
Kevin E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #2090
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpnjack View Post
no they will not work, to long and you need a M3 screw and a short head or the entire gear will be widened and cause drag.
use these

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Head-Screws-10
Thanks Jack
I'll pick up a few of those too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin E. View Post
Hey man , thankx for the input.
I can complete follow you , but isnt so that more roll give more traction because the car can more lean ?
I case of stability you got your point , but how about lateral traction :-).

After alot off reading and testing i finally got the theory and working of rollcenters; (i thought so hehehe)
But then when i look to basic setup of the bd7 (lovely car btw) i think i dont get it complete :-)
Well I've only had the car out a few times so far, on hi grip carpet, a soft rolling setup makes this car super easy to drive on our 90x45 rug, powered by a 13.5

Will hit the asphalt in a few weeks to see how she goes there

And yes, she is quite lovely
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #2091
Tech Master
 
mikeygar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

From teamyokomo.com, new go faster parts!

Quote:
■B7-S6AC:Aeration Shock Cap 980 JPY


These shock caps provide improved initial bump reaction, and may be well suited for bumpier tracks.
Adjusting the amount of oil and air allows the amount of rebound to be adjusted as well.


■B7-413W2:Front hub carrier (2 degree caster) 580 JPY

Compared to the kit standard 4 degree front hub carrier, the 2 degree version will provide better initial steering response. Although suited for tight track layouts with many corners, in high-grip conditions where traction rolling is an issue, the increased understeer upon corner exit may help prevent traction rolling from occurring.


■B7-413W6:Front hub carrier (6 degree caster) 580 JPY

Milder steering response than the kit standard front hub carrier, the 6 degree front hub carrier provides improved steering during corner exit, helping to reduce understeer. Very effective on high speed corners.


■B7-SS05:Suspension mount spacer (0.5mm, for 1 car) 1,280 JPY (Available late April-early May)
■B7-SS08:Suspension mount spacer (0.8mm, for 1 car) 1,280 JPY (Available late April-early May)
■B7-SS10:Suspension mount spacer (1.0mm, for 1 car) 1,280 JPY (Available late April-early May)

Convenient design allows the suspension mounts to be raised quickly, as neither the suspension mount nor screws need to be removed.td>

■B7-003H:High traction upper deck 1,800 JPY (Available May 2013)

Compared to the kit standard 2.0mm thick upper deck, this thinner version will help improve overall grip on low grip surfaces. However this upper deck can also be used to optimize chassis stiffness where speeds are regulated as in stock class racing, and even in high grip conditions.
__________________
Manila On-Road RC on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManilaRC
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #2092
Tech Master
 
hanzo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Yokomo Main Gear Shaft
[YOKB7-644]

Amain is running low on parts. Where can I get a main gear shaft? Is there an alternative part I can use?.
__________________
Chris TRF419 TA05V2
TQ RC Racing Powered by teeth
hanzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:42 AM   #2093
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
Yokomo Main Gear Shaft
[YOKB7-644]

Amain is running low on parts. Where can I get a main gear shaft? Is there an alternative part I can use?.
Rc Mushroom

RC Market

Chubbies RC
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:26 AM   #2094
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Are these Aeration Shock Cap helping to get your shaft easy to 0 rebound ?
__________________
Asso B5M
Sanwa M11X
Team Orion
Kevin E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #2095
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin E. View Post
Are these Aeration Shock Cap helping to get your shaft easy to 0 rebound ?
http://www.teamyokomo.com/teamyokomo..._option_e.html
Quote:
These shock caps provide improved initial bump reaction, and may be well suited for bumpier tracks.
Adjusting the amount of oil and air allows the amount of rebound to be adjusted as well.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #2096
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
i only have B7-644T in stock but not on website so plz msg me if required
__________________
Orca www.ChubbiesCarShack.co.uk TDX SMC RC Airbrush Fundecal
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #2097
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default


http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=4443

screw needs to be countersunk flat head. This will work in a pinch, my only reservations are that its aluminum. Just be more careful with this than the stock screw.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #2098
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7E...qn4lJw&index=9

Been testing 2.0 toe in recently...very satisfy with the feel of it..even im running mod.

the pole position car is mine...manage to secure 6x tq in qualifying and also champ of the race..
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #2099
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Great work KsChu. Your car looks way planted on the track.

I am running the same rear toe, but only running 13.5 blinky on asphalt track here in Sydney.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Calvin
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #2100
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_7E...qn4lJw&index=9

Been testing 2.0 toe in recently...very satisfy with the feel of it..even im running mod.

the pole position car is mine...manage to secure 6x tq in qualifying and also champ of the race..
do you mean 2degrees toe in? If so how did you do that?
Mornedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0