R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #2056
Tech Fanatic
 
bukil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BenTooWrah
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

I'm looking to buy toe blocks for more tuning options. Does anybody recommend certain ones over the others?

Thanks
__________________
☆ ARC ☆ Hobby Authority Distribution ☆ ActivRC ☆
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #2057
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukil View Post
I'm looking to buy toe blocks for more tuning options. Does anybody recommend certain ones over the others?

Thanks
The car is great box stock. There's only 2 blocks you'll maybe want for tuning one for the front and one for the rear. This should cover all the bases.

44.2mm Front-Front

45.7mm Rear-Rear
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #2058
Tech Fanatic
 
bukil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BenTooWrah
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
The car is great box stock. There's only 2 blocks you'll maybe want for tuning one for the front and one for the rear. This should cover all the bases.

44.2mm Front-Front

45.7mm Rear-Rear
Thanks.

I'm not geometrically inclined but how is changing the arms to a different length differ from making the hinge pins closer/further away using the toe blocks? It seems to me like its a redundant tuning option. I could be wrong.

What I'm trying to achieve here is to be able to make my front/rear narrower or wider when I want to without overly getting unnecessary parts.
__________________
☆ ARC ☆ Hobby Authority Distribution ☆ ActivRC ☆
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #2059
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukil View Post
Thanks.

I'm not geometrically inclined but how is changing the arms to a different length differ from making the hinge pins closer/further away using the toe blocks? It seems to me like its a redundant tuning option. I could be wrong.

What I'm trying to achieve here is to be able to make my front/rear narrower or wider when I want to without overly getting unnecessary parts.
Different off-set wheels, hubs, arms, mounts..
So many options to choose from

__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #2060
Tech Fanatic
 
bukil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BenTooWrah
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Different off-set wheels, hubs, arms, mounts..
So many options to choose from

Thanks Dave.

Shims and wheel hubs are good too since they don't change your shock angle positioning like what the option arms and mounts do.
__________________
☆ ARC ☆ Hobby Authority Distribution ☆ ActivRC ☆
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #2061
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 431
Default

The option arms are the same length, they just alter the bottom shock mounting positions so do not affect the overall width.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #2062
Tech Fanatic
 
bukil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BenTooWrah
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonetog View Post
The option arms are the same length, they just alter the bottom shock mounting positions so do not affect the overall width.
Aha! Thanks for clearing that up. Bear with me as this is my first Yokomo car.
__________________
☆ ARC ☆ Hobby Authority Distribution ☆ ActivRC ☆
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #2063
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 431
Default

No problem. Also my first so I knew exactly what you were thinking
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #2064
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukil View Post
Thanks Dave.

Shims and wheel hubs are good too since they don't change your shock angle positioning like what the option arms and mounts do.
Isnt adding shims to a wheel hub completely different in terms of tuning to widening at the pivot block tho? especially on the front of the car as you are changing king pin angles when turning etc...
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #2065
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys anybody get this car on asphalt yet?....my asphalt season starts in 2 weeks just wondering what settings are working for you guys.....im probably gonna run it in 17.5 blinky.....
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #2066
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Hey guys anybody get this car on asphalt yet?....my asphalt season starts in 2 weeks just wondering what settings are working for you guys.....im probably gonna run it in 17.5 blinky.....
Try Meen V. Setup from RC Addict. Great starting point and just tweak ackerman and front camber link shimming to your liking. If you really think about it, his setup is just little tweaks to the box stock setup which is a testament to how inherently easy and dialed the car is.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #2067
Tech Elite
 
caltek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,354
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

I use the following on asphalt , which is what I used at TITC in feb this year, except rear toe. Shocks yokomo blue front and rear 350 wt oil, three hole piston. 3.5 toe blocks front front and front rear. On the rear I am using the kit toe blocks. ( For TITC I used the 4.2 block on the rear front and 5.7 rear rear, gives 1 degree of rear toe). This was running 13.5 blinky using the fixed HW BL motor and Justock ESC.

The rest of my setup was the same as meens TITC setup. Since returning home I have only changed the rear toe blocks to those listed above , occassionally changing the rear rear back to 5.7 from the 6.4 block.

I also changed the motor to a D3.5 Trinity 13.5 and am now still experimenting with gearing for our tracks.

Later,

Calvin

Last edited by caltek1; 04-24-2013 at 12:55 AM.
caltek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #2068
Tech Fanatic
 
bukil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BenTooWrah
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartypants View Post
Isnt adding shims to a wheel hub completely different in terms of tuning to widening at the pivot block tho?
Yes

especially on the front of the car as you are changing king pin angles when turning etc...
Not sure if its the angle. A very good mechanic once explained this to me. I don't remember now . I'll ask him.
Answers are in red.
__________________
☆ ARC ☆ Hobby Authority Distribution ☆ ActivRC ☆
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 AM   #2069
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Default Building my yokomo BD7

Building my yokomo BD7 (youtube)
Logoedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #2070
Tech Adept
 
cyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 233
Default

Hi guys, which servo horn is everyone using ( which length) And does anybody know what the length of the yokomo aluminium ones are?

Also has anybody added an extra shim underneath the top deck for the central, middle top deck screw, there seems to be a gap between the motor mount part and the top deck..

Thanks
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"TITC" THAILAND INTERNATIONAL TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 John Doucakis Electric On-Road 233 03-20-2016 03:30 PM
Revolution Touring Car Championship 2005 (RTCC) SuPerDraGon Singapore R/C Racers 639 10-01-2005 04:25 AM
LRP Touring Car Masters 2005 V12 Electric On-Road 337 09-02-2005 01:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
vasekg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0