Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Whats are the best aftermarket shocks that I can buy for the yokomo, built the yokomo shocks with all the recommended upgraded parts and they leaked after the first run and built up air. Some have recomended the T shock, TRF shocks, or should i get something else. I'm also in the market to trade my yokomo bd7 with a bunch of extras for a x-ray t4.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont get this...

Ive ran my yokomo 6 times now without touching the stock shocks and everything is fine....

Are you sure your building them properly?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bill K
I dont get this...

Ive ran my yokomo 6 times now without touching the stock shocks and everything is fine....

Are you sure your building them properly?
Same I have 4 sets of shocks and not one has ever leaked.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

I rebuild my shockers around every 5 or so runs, been lazy and havnt done it yet.

When I do ill let you know, but the car is very consistant and runs smoothly every time. Havn't broken anything either Im pleased about that.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have built other shocks on other vehicles and they have not leaked in the first run and build up air bubbles lol, reading through the entire thread other people have experienced problems with shocks some similar to mine, I just rebuilt them using green slime to see if that helps.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

I have about 4 days of running on my shocks, they are not leaking or taking in air. The secret is putting lithium grease or green slime on the o-rings, and using the black Fluorine Rubber Hyper Diaphragms.

I do have the double o-ring setup as well, but they were not leaking before.

TRF shocks or the T-shocks are the way to go if you want to upgrade.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Team Yokomo Malaysia has posted some results of the TITC 2013

http://teamyokomo.blogspot.ca/

4 Yokomo BD7 entered A main in TITC 2013
Team Yokomo has made a returned to TITC 2013. And they have put up an impressive show in the super competitive event. 4 units of Yokomo BD7 made it into the modified A main final.

3rd: Naoto
5th: Meen
8th: Volker
9th: Charlee
Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I was at TITC and watched the modified A main. The 1st A main battle between Jilles and Naoto was the best RC race I have ever seen! I hope it's on YouTube already.

Got to meet the whole yokomo team, Ronald, Naoto, Meen and Umino. All were very gracious and really nice people despite being so busy, always taking time out to talk to racers who have questions or just chat. There was also a Japanese gentleman part of the yokomo team who's name I wasn't able to catch but was really nice.

Best part was for every participant running a Yokomo chassis, we got a pair of blue springs, a BD7 sticker sheet and a yokomo T shirt!

Too bad Naoto's position didn't improve throughout the day. Ronald was struggling and was involved in multiple collisions. After the race I got to speak with them and they said that they will be back at TITC next year to hopefully win it!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
There was also a Japanese gentleman part of the yokomo team who's name I wasn't able to catch but was really nice.
That would be Robert Itoh you met, Yokomo Team Manager.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I went to our Regional Roar race. It was a blast. I was fighting with setup all day cause I didn't want to pull my head out of my butt. It was really high traction with Jaco's I was traction rolling like most. I finally pulled it out and figured it out. It was fun. I ended up going based off Volkers carpet setup...extended the wheel base by 1mm. Went long front camber links. Inner position on the steering knuckle. Green fronts and black rears.

Well if anyone wants "out" of their BD7. I am willing to trade a TCXX or TC6.1 WC. PM me asap.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:13 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
So I went to our Regional Roar race. It was a blast. I was fighting with setup all day cause I didn't want to pull my head out of my butt. It was really high traction with Jaco's I was traction rolling like most. I finally pulled it out and figured it out. It was fun. I ended up going based off Volkers carpet setup...extended the wheel base by 1mm. Went long front camber links. Inner position on the steering knuckle. Green fronts and black rears.

Well if anyone wants "out" of their BD7. I am willing to trade a TCXX or TC6.1 WC. PM me asap.
decided to keep your BD7
Old 02-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
decided to keep your BD7
Yeah I went to sell it and got the offer I wanted and couldn't part with it. I have some sort of sick attachment to it. Plus instead of getting frustrated I took the time to figure our how to setup the car so it works. Now it's just finding setups for the different tires that are out there.

So far I have a fantastic Sorex setup....A good Jaco setup. A horrible Sweep setup.

Asphalt season is fast approaching here so It's time to rip the car apart and rebuild it for asphalt season. I would like to have a spare car too. I may be canceling going to our Nationals in change to run mod at the Reedy Race. But we will have to see with the schedule.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Gear Diff

Hello ..

Im from Brazil and i will race with BD7 this season, and the TRFs Grear Diff are breaking easy here, any problem with BD7s gear diff like this?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fabiano TKL
Hello ..

Im from Brazil and i will race with BD7 this season, and the TRFs Grear Diff are breaking easy here, any problem with BD7s gear diff like this?
If you use green slime on the seals for the diff and take your time to make sure its clean and set and screw the screws down evenly there will be no issues.

How do you break a Diff?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
How do you break a Diff?
I'd guess stripping gears / breaking the cross pin.

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.